AP All-American List | The Boneyard

AP All-American List

Reaction Score
The list makes sense. The top 4 have already done AA type things in more than one season. I'm a little surprised Morrow and Kittley got only 9 votes.

And did Lisa Bluder really say Clark is almost 5'10"?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The list makes sense. The top 4 have already done AA type things in more than one season. I'm a little surprised Morrow and Kittley got only 9 votes.

And did Lisa Bluder really say Clark is almost 5'10"?

Clark is listed at 6'0" and is at least 5'11", I think.

I believe all 30 voters chose 5 players. There were 2 not voting for Jones, 6 not voting for Joens, and 21 each not voting for Kitley or Morrow. Those 50 votes were shared among 11 other players. Logically, those 11 player were on at least 1 ballot, but no more than 8 ballots.

Reaction Score
congrats to the Uconn men's hockey first time being ranked in the preseason top 10 at number 10 let's go huskies..woof woof !!
yeah I know this is the girl's BB forum but aren't well Uconn family and besides they're rocking jerseys that makes them look like the Islanders my favorite team...lol

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
congrats to the Uconn men's hockey first time being ranked in the preseason top 10 at number 10 let's go huskies..woof woof !!
yeah I know this is the girl's BB forum but aren't well Uconn family and besides they're rocking jerseys that makes them look like the Islanders my favorite team...lol

Attachments

• Gortons Fisherman.jpg
    Gortons Fisherman.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 61
Reaction Score
When we win several Huskies will molt into AA's spontaneously. :D
I half expected someone to remind me that high school AA's don't necessarily become college AA's. So, a more serious question. Anybody know the percentage of HS AA's that do become college AA's? Or, semi-conversely, what percentage of college AA's were HS AA's?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I half expected someone to remind me that high school AA's don't necessarily become college AA's. So, a more serious question. Anybody know the percentage of HS AA's that do become college AA's? Or, semi-conversely, what percentage of college AA's were HS AA's?

That's an interesting question. I think some HS All-American teams have 24 players (see the McD's or Jordan Brand game). But most WCBB All-American teams have only 5-10 players. So the numbers don't match up. I would guess that most college AAs were also HS AAs, but there are clear exceptions. Alana Beard comes to mind. There are many, many HS AAs who didn't make that level in college. As a proxy, take a look at the HG recruiting lists and see how many names in the top 10-20 are forgotten. No one in the top 12 in HG's 2018 ranking made the WBCA list in 2022. NaLyssa Smith was rated #13. Joens was #26, Howard was #32, Cunane was #55, and Hillmon was #58. The other AAs were in other classes.

Reaction Score
When we win several Huskies will molt into AA's spontaneously. :D
That's what I say, agree with you all the way. By February we will see if we are shut out in All American voting, especially when we will be undefeated{wishful thinking, before every body jumps on me}. I have always said, I think positively. GO HUSKIES!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom