Anyone Notice that Chatrice White asked to be released from the Illinois basketball program? | The Boneyard

Anyone Notice that Chatrice White asked to be released from the Illinois basketball program?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I don't know what White's issues were at Illinois but having the green light to shoot wasn't one of them. In 7 fewer games she took 93 more shots than Breanna Stewart did last season and 275 more shots than the #2 shooter on her team. Unfortunately she misses more than she makes (39%) which isn't good for a center. She'll have a year to work on that.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Don't forget that any 'investigation' into a program and the way players and coaches interact is really unpleasant for everyone involved and especially teammates who may come down on opposite sides of the issue. It can really mess with the chemistry of the team and make what was a pretty tight knit unit and fun atmosphere unpleasant.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I didn't see this coming, considering that she stuck out the mess last year and her father vocally supported the coach.
I said a few things a couple of weeks ago hinting that she, Jessica Shepard of Nebraska and Azura Stevens before she left were possibly re-thinking their futures. It seemed natural. I also said then that A'ja Wilson, although she would not be leaving SC was also perhaps scratching her chin, and that Beatrice Mompremier and Sophie Cunningham may be having puzzled looks on their faces after next year. Mompremier over the log jam at the post and Cunningham over the lack of improvement of her program, especially since Mizzou made the Big Boogie this year. As for White's interest in UConn, please see my 10 reasons why some recruits may not choose Stoors as a destination. Feel free to add more reasons to the list.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I said a few things a couple of weeks ago hinting that she, Jessica Shepard of Nebraska and Azura Stevens before she left were possibly re-thinking their futures. It seemed natural. I also said then that A'ja Wilson, although she would not be leaving SC was also perhaps scratching her chin, and that Beatrice Mompremier and Sophie Cunningham may be having puzzled looks on their faces after next year. Mompremier over the log jam at the post and Cunningham over the lack of improvement of her program, especially since Mizzou made the Big Boogie this year. As for White's interest in UConn, please see my 10 reasons why some recruits may not choose Stoors as a destination. Feel free to add more reasons to the list.
I wouldn't choose Stoors either

and for about the past 10yrs Geno and the Staff are extremely happy with those who have chosen to make "Stoors" there destination.

BTW why would UConn fans add to a list on why recruits SHOULDN'T/WOULDN'T make UConn their destination

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I wouldn't choose Stoors either

and for about the past 10yrs Geno and the Staff are extremely happy with those who have chosen to make "Stoors" there destination.

BTW why would UConn fans add to a list on why recruits SHOULDN'T/WOULDN'T make UConn their destination
Sorry. Must have been drinking too much Coors for Stoors and not Storrs.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Perhaps Ms. White is feeling the almost total indifference that Illinois exhibits toward women's basketball. I wrote about this in a post several months ago when the abuse story broke. There was a crazy-enthused fan base for volleyball here, around 1983-ish. Since then, support for women athletes has generally waned. Because of the massive costs of contract buy-outs on the men's side, it's my guess (and just that) the university leadership chose not to can Bollant, instead letting the assistant take the fall. But I project that if he so much as fails to say "excuse me" for his sneeze, his rear end will be out on the street.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom