OT: - Anyone going to David Byrne show tonight? | The Boneyard

OT: Anyone going to David Byrne show tonight?

Reaction Score
Still tickets and we are debating this one. Set list looks good. New and old. Imho guy is an all timer.

FWIW: $60 seat = $79.50 with taxes and fees thru ticket master. Outrageous.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Yep. Looking forward to it. Been hearing great reviews from friends who have seen him in other venues on this tour.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Still tickets and we are debating this one. Set list looks good. New and old. Imho guy is an all timer.

I bet it's worth it.

Reaction Score
I bet it's worth it.
Yeah.

There is enough inventory that the plan is evolving into seeing who is selling what seats outside and plan B the box office.

Reaction Score

Go, the guy is incredible.

Reaction Score
Oh I agree. I'm old enough to have seen Talking Heads a number of times but last saw him 8 or 9 years ago at a club in DC.

Funny David story. His mom was in the audience at that DC show as he is from the area. So he introduces the sang "And She Was" by saying something like "Mom please don't be mad; but this next one was inspired by an LSD trip".

Reaction Score

I saw David Byrne back in 2004 in New London when he was on tour with the Tosca Strings in support of his Grown Backwards album. One of my favorite concerts of all time.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Talking Heads are great. Love David Byrne. Bet it’s a great show. Enjoy!

Reaction Score
Yep. Looking forward to it. Been hearing great reviews from friends who have seen him in other venues on this tour.

Saw him at the Santa Barbara bowl a couple weeks ago. Great show.

Reaction Score
Decided last minute to go to the show and man, am I glad I went. Got a seat in the middle of the first few rows of 209, but moved further back and center to where I can see a more center view of the stage and there was more space for standing and dancing. Great call since the production was excellent and needed to be seen in its entirety.

That was actually my first concert at the Oakdale and the crowd was in good spirits. Loved the unhinged 12-piece band, all in suits and marching band-esque formations. Also liked how his two backup singers were also his backup dancers. Art at its highest quality.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Saw one of the Boston shows. The music was great as you'd expect. The experience is proof that he went to RISD as the show was designed.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Decided last minute to go to the show and man, am I glad I went. That was actually my first concert at the Oakdale and the crowd was in good spirits. Loved the unhinged 12-piece band, all in suits and marching band-esque formations. Also liked how his two backup singers were also his backup dancers. Art at its highest quality.

Good for you, nice to hear.

Last time I saw him was biking past each other in Greenwich Village 20 years ago.

Before that, 1982 & 1983 with Talking Heads at Forest Hills Tennis Stadium, both shows recorded onto cassette. Anyone else here go to either show or tour?

ElGuapo

What does that mean, in-famous?
Reaction Score
Caught the tour last Spring in Waterbury at the Palace and its been my favorite show I've seen all year.
Would of gone again last night but had tickets long planned for Jamiroquai at Forest Hills Stadium in Queens.
The Jamiroquai show took over my #1 spot.
Wowza!

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score

More than what I'm paying to see Paul Simon next week.

Reaction Score
Great show last night. Last time was him and his band so seeing this full production was tremendous. Reminded a bit of Stop Making Sense tour that I saw at the old Wollman Rink in Central Park.

Guy is an artist in every sense of the word.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom