Anyone else love Gus Johnson and Jim Jackson? | The Boneyard

Anyone else love Gus Johnson and Jim Jackson?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
They were OK. But they never bothered to mention English got a T. No excuse for that.
I'm pretty sure they did when they came back from commercial. I somehow knew about the T and I don't know who else would have told me about it.

I like Johnson and I really like Jackson...he lets the game breathe unlike a guy like Donny who refuses to shut up.

Reaction Score
“A body in motion stays in motion, a body at rest stays at rest. Newton’s Lawwwwwssssssss”

This was an all time line during the game yesterday. Felt like Gus was working on getting that one in all season.

Jim Jackson knows basketball, he always seems to be a good, unbiased listen.

Reaction Score
I usually like that duo, but yesterday I think they were talking about things and were ignoring the game. Gus also said, UConn and Providence have been playing since 1988 and UConn leads the series 32-20. Doesn't add up.

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure they did when they came back from commercial. I somehow knew about the T and I don't know who else would have told me about it.

I like Johnson and I really like Jackson...he lets the game breathe unlike a guy like Donny who refuses to shut up.
never mentioned on TV. only knew of it from the BY chat

Poe

Reaction Score
Johnson thinks Newton is a lock for the NBA and talks him up like he’s a first rounder, so there’s that. Seems to be big fan with how excited he got for TN’s triple double.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
They're both great. I love Gus' passion, but I feel like he calls the game fairly too and doesn't just gas everyone up like Dickie V. Jackson is just really good, you can tell he knows the game but also does his preparation.

Reaction Score
Still love Gus but his best days are behind him. He's taken his success and morphed into a schticker a la Dukie V. Shame.
Jackson has really grown into a fine analyst. Would never have believed that.

Reaction Score
I usually like that duo, but yesterday I think they were talking about things and were ignoring the game. Gus also said, UConn and Providence have been playing since 1988 and UConn leads the series 32-20. Doesn't add up.
That is all factual information, I'm not sure what you wanted him to say

Reaction Score
Gus has a great voice, and both of them covered the game well in analysis. It’s a national game so you can’t be too one sided, but there was no shortage of praise and respect. I liked when he said “they just grind you down”.
You know how no one respected us un the past? Well they’ll all be on the bandwagon this year.

Reaction Score
Still love Gus but his best days are behind him. He's taken his success and morphed into a schticker a la Dukie V. Shame.
Jackson has really grown into a fine analyst. Would never have believed that.
Going back to his days when he was purely in the studio I always thought he was solid. Always fair with us.

Reaction Score
I think Gus has changed his approach. He used to be pretty straight play by play, now he seems to see himself as more of an entertainer and it often gets in the way.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

It seemed to me as they were fading out to commercial, the cameras were showing English chirping at the refs and I heard an extra whistle. I was not the least bit surprised to see Cam shooting FT's when they came back from commercial but I didn't hear anything from the announcers or see anything on the TV screen about it.

Reaction Score
Especially Gus Johnson. He's older, so he's been at it long enough that he'll say what he wants.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom