Anybody Like The New Hawk? | The Boneyard

Anybody Like The New Hawk?

Reaction Score
The young man seems to be playing with a real chip on his shoulder right now and I think it's helping him quite a bit. He must have felt humiliated after the early season mistakes and now he just seems to be determined to go over, around, or through anything in his path. I'm glad to see it.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
The whole team has improved over the last three months. Kudos to the players and the coaching staff. Kicking it into gear at the right time.
Third year in a row the team has gotten hot down the stretch. Won 6 of our last 7 in 19-20 and 20-21. Currently have won 6 of our last 7.

This is an awesome trend. Now time to take that next step and carry the momentum forward into late March.

Reaction Score
Yes, I like the New Hawk a lot. He's playing bigger than his size, rebounding like Martin, and taking the ball to the hole with greater frequency. His defense has also been a plus -- he slides with the dribbler, anticipates moves, and body's-up. His self-confidence is on the rise too, which in turn will help his shooting. Would not surpise me if he takes a major leap forward in the post-season.

Reaction Score
Third year in a row the team has gotten hot down the stretch. Won 6 of our last 7 in 19-20 and 20-21. Currently have won 6 of our last 7.

This is an awesome trend. Now time to take that next step and carry the momentum forward into late March.
Thats what DH brings to the program. His teams are always playing their best ball in March.

Reaction Score
Hawk was really hunted earlier in the season when he was on defense and he knew it. Something switched where he figured out his defensive positioning and I think that confidence then seeped back into his offense.

Reaction Score
You can see with Diggins and Samson that it takes time to adjust to the speed and size of the college game, even for a special talent like Hawkins. Nice to see it happening now before the year is over.

Reaction Score
No Way Reaction GIF

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I have been a Hawkins backer since he was a sophomore in HS
I was making noise about him on this board before DH started talking to him
To say he was humiliated is strong and wrong, I think Andre was frustrated in himself and most likely in the amount of time he was getting on the floor - some of that goes hand in hand but in the larger picture I feel DH gets accustomed to a certain rotation and finds it hard deviate.
The one thing he needs to concentrate on is adding positive body weight and muscle which will give him a greater sense of comfort and security in handling the ball in creating offense and competing defensively. He needs to be on the court to produce, the kid can score the ball.
As I said 3 years ago and I will say it again, people will long remember Andre Hawkins after he decides to leave Storrs.

Reaction Score
To say he was humiliated is strong and wrong, I think Andre was frustrated in himself and most likely in the amount of time he was getting on the floor - some of that goes hand in hand but in the larger picture I feel DH gets accustomed to a certain rotation and finds it hard deviate.
The one thing he needs to concentrate on is adding positive body weight and muscle which will give him a greater sense of comfort and security in handling the ball in creating offense and competing defensively. He needs to be on the court to produce, the kid can score the ball.
As I said 3 years ago and I will say it again, people will long remember Andre Hawkins after he decides to leave Storrs.

Is this a joke I'm missing?

Reaction Score
You can't even remember his name........lol

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
As long as Rony Seikaly II doesn’t take his spot, he should have a nice career…

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Deleted the evidence instead of taking a few lumps?

#andrehawkins

Reaction Score
You can definitely see that something definitely clicked for him. Like he is no longer thinking about what to do next or where to be on the court, it's become instinctual.

Bouknight was a more polished player his freshman year, but he also made that next level leap in like early February if I remember correctly. It takes these guys some time unless they are a legit NBA ready prospect like Jabari Smith or Banchero.

Reaction Score
If we could merge Andre Jackson and Jordan Hawkins to get the best of both, we'd have a helluva player.

Still wouldn't be able to finish at the rim though, lol

Dutch Boyd

A fine place to live
Reaction Score
Lmaoooo

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom