Any info re minor dustup at the end of last night's game? | The Boneyard

Any info re minor dustup at the end of last night's game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
Any more information available re the dustup during the handshake line. Geno seemed to believe that it involved a Creighton fan and who? Looked like Chris D was also involved.

Reaction Score
Any more information available re the dustup during the handshake line. Geno seemed to believe that it involved a Creighton fan and who? Looked like Chris D was also involved.
I’m also curious. CD looked heated. The announcers only briefly commented on it; I don’t think they saw it either.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
In one clip, it shows Jamelle shadowing Geno, and CD was having an intense but agreeable discussion with one of CU's staff (no idea who). There was some agreement nodding that perhaps it wasn't anyone with the team. Our coaching staff has always stood up for the team, and I have a vague memory of Geno saying something like, go after me, it's good, but don't go after my team.

Reaction Score
I noticed that Jamelle seemed keen on keeping Geno from returning to the incident. And CD made a beeline for Caroline afterwards to give her a big hug. More tea leaves to sift.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Ok, while at the game and on that side of the facility, the "Creighton faithful seating of fans" was the reason for the ruckus. Evidently some of these fans-family of current players, admins or key boosters/donators had some unkind words about our players they directed to Geno so he, rightfully got peeved. As this was about "Creighton fans who got the tickets complimentary" (as all visiting teams get), that's why CD had a "discussion" with Assistant coach Jordann Reese and why Reese was politely nodding her head.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
It seemed weird to me they would target our players. Yell at the refs if your unhappy about the way the game went. Why be mad at the players?
Cowards love to target the younger/smaller/etc. Betting that this person would not dare go after Geno, CD, etc. IMHO.

Reaction Score
Caroline was clearly fouled on the follow-thru. Not sure what the fan was upset about. Then, the refs called the foul on AE to "even" things out on the other end.

Reaction Score
I have a feeling that the perps won't be allowed back next year if they are or their child is part of Creighton's team next year.

One of the first things you learned in college basketball was to never interact with anyone off the court, especially with someone who is reacting in a negative or profane way, since it would usually escalate the situation. When you found it tempting as a coach to respond , I always tried to remember my Father’s advice from many moons ago: “never argue with a fool because the bystanders may not know which one is which”. As you grew older and hopefully more mature, you realized his was wise advice. JMO

Reaction Score
Caroline was clearly fouled on the follow-thru. Not sure what the fan was upset about. Then, the refs called the foul on AE to "even" things out on the other end.
Except that they were both pretty clearly legitimate fouls, you can’t impede a shooters hand and you can’t knock down a player driving to the basket from behind.

Reaction Score
Cowards love to target the younger/smaller/etc. Betting that this person would not dare go after Geno, CD, etc. IMHO.
These cowards would regret for rest of their lives the mistake they made coming near or onto the court as the game ended, as they confronted AE and Nika.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom