Another Jana thread

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
4CD2E840-BAD9-4C0A-A859-38B940CB16BA.jpeg

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I am anxiously waiting to see Jana step onto the court for the first time at Gampel next season (hopefully our 1st game is a home game) and giving us a glimpse of her future with the Huskies.

Reaction Score
I love watching Jana drive the lane. Fearless! And so steady at the FT line down the stretch to win that game.

The Chinese team practically ran Egypt's guards off the court in the first half and built a huge lead. But with the grit and resolve a veteran, Jana brought them back for what had seemed like an impossible victory. She is absolutely who you want on the floor in the closing minutes of a close game.

Reaction Score
I’m so excited to watch her 6”5 doing this and she’s been in storrs for two years. So she has had the experience of practicing her first year and then watching games from a different perspective her 2nd year which a lot of players end up growing from. Example Paige, I remember a comment about her becoming even smarter in regards to her already high basketball IQ after seeing the game from a different perspective. She even started practicing and warming up with the team at the end of the year. I think she really needed rest, I remember her dad playing her almost every second of every game last summer and that was after her UConn June summer session. She was drained. Which can lead to injury.
F34BBD34-CEE4-4904-B97A-639791BEA766.jpeg

Reaction Score
I’m so excited to watch her 6”5 doing this and she’s been in storrs for two years. So she has had the experience of practicing her first year and then watching games from a different perspective her 2nd year which a lot of players end up growing from. Example Paige, I remember a comment about her becoming even smarter in regards to her already high basketball IQ after seeing the game from a different perspective. She even started practicing and warming up with the team at the end of the year. I think she really needed rest, I remember her dad playing her almost every second of every game last summer and that was after her UConn June summer session. She was drained. Which can lead to injury. View attachment 100280
Can't blame her father. He didn't coach her or that team. He's the coach of the Egyptian Womens Senior National team.

Reaction Score
I love Jana and her upbeat personality. All of the Boneyarders and Husky fans are going to also. She is a quick, determined and athletic player who beyond her natural ability has been taught well. She is going to be something. UConn and Geno has a great one in the making. Can't wait.

Reaction Score
I actually think she is the big Geno and CD have been waiting for. She looks like the perfect PF that plays the 5 at UConn. She is not only big but can also move and play basketball in a motion offense. It's that PF/4.5 and not traditional 5 that so many famous UConn bigs have been. They are hard to find...

Majic Hands

https://www.neumi.com/jkvetter
Reaction Score
I’m so excited to watch her 6”5 doing this and she’s been in storrs for two years. So she has had the experience of practicing her first year and then watching games from a different perspective her 2nd year which a lot of players end up growing from. Example Paige, I remember a comment about her becoming even smarter in regards to her already high basketball IQ after seeing the game from a different perspective. She even started practicing and warming up with the team at the end of the year. I think she really needed rest, I remember her dad playing her almost every second of every game last summer and that was after her UConn June summer session. She was drained. Which can lead to injury. View attachment 100280
Don't "Think" her dad was her coach in the tournament when she got injured.

I wouldn't argue the point but if it's not a known fact I don't think we want to be saying her dad played a role in her injury.

I'm not sure it's a good look implying that a coach played a kid too much that it led to their injury.

Reaction Score
Then we have Gandy coming next year, who is an absolute gazelle for a big. Opposing centers won't get a break.
Right, Then the year after that hopefully we get Big O. Jana, Gandy and Big O all on the same team. Whew and they’re still growing. Jana was listed as 6”4 on the Egyptian website a couple of years ago. Now she’s 6”5 and big O is still 15 I believe. And she’s 6”4, I’m sure she’s gonna grow before her freshman year of college. Hopefully it’s UConn lol

Reaction Score
Jana is the most offensively skilled 6'4" plus player UConn has had since Stewie.........extremely interested to see her against much tougher competition.........if she adapts to the physicality of the college game and stays healthy, she could be really special.....

Reaction Score
If UConn is to win a National Championship this coming season, it will be, in part due to the contribution of Jana which will be the "Big" that UConn has been searching for, for a long time coming.
… and this is why Geno will get her all the minutes he can early on. Unless another big shows up through the portal, Jana will start in November.

Reaction Score
If UConn is to win a National Championship this coming season, it will be, in part due to the contribution of Jana which will be the "Big" that UConn has been searching for, for a long time coming.

I watched most of her games last summer and was very impressed. If she is fully recovered now, I think we are in for a treat.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
You can only imagine what this year and the next few years will be like. If Geno can do what he did with last years team, and have this roster of players and Gandy and the BIG O coming in in the next 2 years its just a big WOW. Oh yeah the BIG O not coming to UConn would be a big big big surprise. Its a no brainer that the BIG O comes to UConn. With the history of the Philly AAU teams and Christ the King says UConn is the top choice

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom