Another gem of a speech from Calhoun | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Another gem of a speech from Calhoun

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
alert GIF

Reaction Score
Damn were we and are we lucky my God!! I mean the day that man took his jacket off in the Colonial Classic as the coach of Northeastern against our Huskies and threw it on the floor because his team was getting homejobbed at the HCC. I didn't have a clue he would make my life so damn wonderful and change my whole perspective of being a UConn Husky fan.

GOAT of GOATs we are so lucky and our kids now are so lucky he just stood there before them and told them "they are the best, go get it done"

Chills, they're multiplying!

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
@mauconnfan, I'm out of my mind. I can't think about anything else.
My wife said to me "shouldn't you relax you've won four already" (yes, me personally) and I said the next one is the most important one!! So she went online and bought me some UConn socks. I love my wife. I love UConn Mens basketball just a little bit more. If you run into her don't tell her I said that:)

Reaction Score
My wife said to me "shouldn't you relax you've won four already" (yes, me personally) and I said the next one is the most important one!! So she went online and bought me some UConn socks. I love my wife. I love UConn Mens basketball just a little bit more. If you run into her don't tell her I said that:)
you are a living proof of spoiled Huskies fan!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
"People come back here, they talk about Rip, Kemba, Emeka and Ben...and they'll talk about you." Thats the one that got me.
That and his utter confidence that this team could win the whole thing. As a player, to hear Jim Calhoun come in and say “I know what championship teams look like and you championship team” must be unbelievable and empowering.

Kudos to Dan Hurley for being comfortable enough in his own skin that he’s not intimidated having Jim Calhoun talk to his team.

(We are still doomed.)

Reaction Score
That and his utter confidence that this team could win the whole thing. As a player, to hear Jim Calhoun come in and say “I know what championship teams look like and you championship team” must be unbelievable and empowering.

Kudos to Dan Hurley for being comfortable enough in his own skin that he’s not intimidated having Jim Calhoun talk to his team.

(We are still doomed.)

I took the word right out of my mouth.

I have the utmost admiration and respect for Hurley to invite JC often to his practice or for motivational speech. His humbleness makes him best student of the game. You can count on him to do whatever it takes to get the job done!

Reaction Score
At least she didn't get you red boxers with fire breathing dragons on them.

Reaction Score
I was looking for this to put in the thread I started yesterday. You beat me to it. Never gets old listening to a JC motivational speech. The guy could be 100 years old and still have the same affect.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

(We are still doomed.)
Dan knows. He has a coaching legend as a dad. Danny is a cocky one for sure, but he absolutely recognizes the shoulders of the giants he’s standing on. He seeks to become that. What Jim is imparting to this team is that not only are they standing on the shoulders of giants before them, Rip, Donyell, Ray, Emeka, Ben, Kemba, but….they can be the giants for the next group. That really resonates.

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
Dan knows. He has a coaching legend as a dad. Danny is a cocky one for sure, but he absolutely recognizes the shoulders of the giants he’s standing on. He seeks to become that. What Jim is imparting to this team is that not only are they standing on the shoulders of giants before them, Rip, Donyell, Ray, Emeka, Ben, Kemba, but….they can be the giants for the next group. That really resonates.
Let's not forget Shabazz, owner of two National Championship rings.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
And he does it without pretense, or affectation, just the quiet confidence of someone who’s been there before. Really powerful stuff.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
He does. And that’s to Coach Hurleys credit. He gets it. There was a time during our JC heyday where a frosty relationship between Bob sr. and JC was discussed here and elsewhere ( decades before Dan was coach) because it affected our new jersey recruiting. There was always mutual respect there because both of those guys are two tough old SOB’s and usually when that’s the case they repel like the same sides of a magnet. Dan is smart enough and clear headed enough to draw across ALL resources. And deserves full credit for that. And so does JC , he pulled him out of those island.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom