Another Covid casualty in the ACC tourney | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Another Covid casualty in the ACC tourney

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
As long as others don't test positive, they can be exposed within 7 days and go as long as they continue testing negative. So you might be down a player or two, but the rest of the team can go.

Yeah, Seth Davis is tweeting about this. ACC using different protocols than the NCCA Tourny will have.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Need 6 or 7 straight negative tests to play? Scares me.

Days. Not tests, days.

Big XII games tonight are awesome, but why the hell would those 4 absolute locks bother risking their NCAAT?

Reaction Score
D
Weird seeing positives now with cases down so much around the country.
Down yes, but we are at a plateau equal to mid summer for deaths and cases. Still not even close to where we need to be.

Reaction Score
The NCAA tournament starting five or six days after the major conference tournaments and you needing 7 days does make it kind of awkward. The conference powers that be definitely should have changed the normal schedule and had a little bit more time in between.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The NCAA tournament starting four or five days after the major conference tournaments and you needing 7 days does make it kind of awkward. The conference powers that be definitely should have changed the normal schedule and had a little bit more time in between.

Since every team is in the same location they could probably squeeze a round 1 game in on Sunday morning with the winner playing Monday night OR even pushing it out to Tuesday or Wednesday.

I hope the NCAA Tournament is able to accommodate these types of scheduling adjustments given all 68 + 4 teams are in the same state.

Reaction Score
Since every team is in the same location they could probably squeeze a round 1 game in on Sunday morning with the winner playing Monday night OR even pushing it out to Tuesday or Wednesday.

I hope the NCAA Tournament is able to accommodate these types of scheduling adjustments given all 68 + 4 teams are in the same state.

Yes the NCAA needs to have an adjustable schedule.

Reaction Score
I didn't dig deep into the Duke press releases and press conferences but did they clearly drop out of the NCAA tournament or did they drop from the ACC tournament and state their season was "likely" over? If Virginia is considering the door still being open, it should be open for Duke too, no?

And does the entire program have to test negatively for 7 days or just the people entering the bubble? If someone tested negative today, could they just isolate from the rest of the team? If so, then the rest of the team could test negative for 7 days.

Reaction Score
I'm getting a bad feeling about the tournament. Probably just flashbacks to how quickly things fell apart this time last year... but this sucks

We gotta stay strong we have gotten this far not stopping now, not cancelling the NCAA tournament again. Stretch the tournament out if you have to.

Reaction Score
We gotta stay strong we have gotten this far not stopping now, not cancelling the NCAA tournament again. Stretch the tournament out if you have to.
I agree there will be a tournament this year. Its just surprising to see this since it seemed things had been going pretty smoothly since the winter surge.

A close to foolproof plan would be to put an extra week between each weekend and have teams quarantine leading in. Hoping it doesn't come to that but if that's the worst case I'm on board.

Reaction Score
To who?
To the TV networks/parters.

I’m sure schools were contractually obligated to participate in their conference tournaments. Otherwise a lot of teams that were safely in at large would have skipped this year.

Reaction Score
I agree there will be a tournament this year. Its just surprising to see this since it seemed things had been going pretty smoothly since the winter surge.

A close to foolproof plan would be to put an extra week between each weekend and have teams quarantine leading in. Hoping it doesn't come to that but if that's the worst case I'm on board.

Yes, look I understand Covid sucks and it’s frustrating. I’m just trying to stay positive. I feel for the teams involved you have gotten this far you another couple weeks of sacrifice for the ultimate. Go UConn.

zls44

Reaction Score
Umm because conference tournaments matter.

Not more than the NCAAs. If you can't play in the NCAAs because you played a Big XII or ACC semifinal, you're going to look really stupid.

zls44

Reaction Score
The NCAA tournament starting five or six days after the major conference tournaments and you needing 7 days does make it kind of awkward. The conference powers that be definitely should have changed the normal schedule and had a little bit more time in between.

I think CBS was probably the reason. They do not want anything going over the Masters.

Reaction Score
I'm getting a bad feeling about the tournament. Probably just flashbacks to how quickly things fell apart this time last year... but this sucks
We knew nothing about the virus back then, we now know the virus isn't much of a concern to young healthy people.
Every sport has completed their season, 0% chance tournament is canceled. We are a few weeks away from having full capacity mlb at some stadiums.

Reaction Score
So theoretically, say 10 tourney locks have cases this weekend... Could they delay the tourney by a week to allow all of the teams to sequester, find out who actually is carrying it, and see if they can play without those guys?

Reaction Score
So theoretically, say 10 tourney locks have cases this weekend... Could they delay the tourney by a week to allow all of the teams to sequester, find out who actually is carrying it, and see if they can play without those guys?
Could they? yes
Should they? probably, yes
Will they? absolutely not

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc