Another coaching retirement | The Boneyard

Another coaching retirement

Reaction Score
This name might not be familiar to many college WBB followers but up here in Green Bay a legendary coach retired today. UW-Green BayKevin Borseth called it a career. 37 yrs of coaching & over 800 wins. His retirement brings back two UCONN memories related to UWGB. First one was 2008. Second round- of the tournament GB vs UCONN. Halftime score: GB up 43-42. Second half was a UCONN steam rolled us but Geno let everyone know how impressed he was with UWGB. The other was a holiday tournament in Cancon around 2014-15. The game was close UCONN until the second half. Geno was furious with the Huskies & at one point pulled all the 5 starters. He was so angry that you could hear him on the radio broadcast. Afterwards he told his team that if they played as hard as GB did then they’d never lose a game. Very sincere.

Reaction Score
Dang!! Coach B calling it a career too!? He would let me help out with summer basketball camps when he was at Michigan Tech a long time ago. Then he went to Green Bay then on to Michigan for a run and back to Green Bay. He loved the game of basketball, especially the women's game. A true pioneer of the game and helping to grow the women's game. Thank you, Coach B. Wishing you all the best.

Last edited:

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Thanks for posting. Really good coach who always got his kids to play hard. Had his short stint at Michigan, and then ran back home to GB. He could do wonders with teaching and coaching up kids outside the top 100 lists.

I think I saw him in a Ft Meyers area holiday tournament play Uconn - the same situation, tough first half with Uconn wearing them down in the second.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32
Top Bottom