OT: - Another Alabama Basketball Player Arrested | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Another Alabama Basketball Player Arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Where do you live? Arkansas? On the day they passed a law permitting child labor in factories, they arrested a guy for piercing his child's earlobe for an earring.
Look at the post above yours, Chicago.

Reaction Score
It's a different world out here now too, it didn't used to be like this. We have criminals killing little kids and not even seeing the inside of a cell. We have criminals terrorizing residents and tourists with no repercussions. All the criminals have guns but we don't have the gun culture they do down there where everyone is packing.

Oy vey.

caw

Reaction Score
Is Tuscaloosa that dangerous that players need guns everywhere they go? Never been myself.

Reaction Score
Is Tuscaloosa that dangerous that players need guns everywhere they go? Never been myself.
I’m a Polk County Florida transplant.

It’s not a danger thing as much as it’s cultural. Wish I had a better way to explain it. Yesterday in PT I was one of 4 patients in the room & 2 of them were strapped discussing different holsters

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
This is a culture problem, not consolidated to one state. Some guy fired shots into a house in Newington yesterday for crying out loud.

But man does Nate Oats know how to pick ‘em.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Hope the NCAA doesn't come down too hard on us for this transgression. After all, he's connected to the Hurley family tree

Doomed

Reaction Score
Where do you live? Arkansas? On the day they passed a law permitting child labor in factories, they arrested a guy for piercing his child's earlobe for an earring.

I don't understand this. I see literal babies with their ears pierced all the time. You can do it in the mall for 10 bucks.

Reaction Score
A lot of blame on Nate Oats, Alabama, the SEC. This is probably more common than you think, problem is some players get caught and some don’t.

Why does everyone this day and age want to blame everyone else but the one who committed the crime?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
George Costanza Shrug GIF

Reaction Score
Why does everyone this day and age want to blame everyone else but the one who committed the crime?

I'm going to go ahead and say this take does not reflect reality. Pretty much any time someone says "these days" or "this day and age" I assume they're talking oit of their squeaky clean ass end.

Reaction Score
I don't understand this. I see literal babies with their ears pierced all the time. You can do it in the mall for 10 bucks.
"Practicing Body Art Without a License"

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
What else is new.

Walton doesn’t have the cache in Alabama that Brandon Miller had, gets arrested and tossed from the team and Miller got a free pass.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
What else is new.

Walton doesn’t have the cache in Alabama that Brandon Miller had, gets arrested and tossed from the team and Miller got a free pass.

There is plenty of history suggesting you never want to be the second one caught doing something stupid/illegal.

First person gets a pass and everyone gets their butts chewed and a stern verbal not to do it again. Second person who does it gets the hammer.

Reaction Score
Pretty interesting article/research on some of the reasons behind "gun culture".

The Surprising Geography of Gun Violence

I live in Florida, help me.
During COVID, Black Children Were 100x More Likely Than White Children to Experience Gun Injuries | SPH

From the Giffords Law Center- In the nation's 20 largest counties black men ages 18-25 die from gun homicides at a rate nearly 19 times that of white residents.

From the Journal of American Medical Association Firearm deaths among black men are at a 28 year high. Black men are 23 times more likely to experience firearm-related homicide than white men.

Reaction Score
It's a different world out here now too, it didn't used to be like this. We have criminals killing little kids and not even seeing the inside of a cell. We have criminals terrorizing residents and tourists with no repercussions. All the criminals have guns but we don't have the gun culture they do down there where everyone is packing.
It’s terrible. I was talking to a friend and he said the hotel staff told his female colleague not to leave the hotel alone.…on the mag mile. It’s shocking to me.

Reaction Score
It’s terrible. I was talking to a friend and he said the hotel staff told his female colleague not to leave the hotel alone.…on the mag mile. It’s shocking to me.

What hotel? I just spent a week in that area and it would seem wild for the people at the hotel I was staying at to be warning women not to leave the hotel alone.

Reaction Score
I believe there is so little respect for life that it has become a fabric of society and guns are only part of it. Play video games? Many can’t differentiate fantasy from realty. I live in Vermont and it’s here too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom