Andre Jackson Testing the NBA Draft Waters: ESPN | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Andre Jackson Testing the NBA Draft Waters: ESPN

Reaction Score
We are incredibly biased toward our guys….as we should be. 2 winning players. Both of these guys have been put down for their NBA potential for 3 years now by many on our own board. We’ll see just how smart those Nostradamuses are down the road.

Reaction Score
Yet, the people who get paid and have actual jobs to scout, evaluate and draft NBA players ARE USING THIS DRILL TO ASSESS HIS ABILITIES.

Are they ? Doubtful. Just because "they" are running this drill doesn't mean a single NBA scout / GM thinks it means squat.

Reaction Score
hawkins won't be playing in the scrimmage. projected first-rounders have been choosing to sit it out.

that will change next year with the new CBA, though.
They can still sit out the 5v5s going forward, just not anything else.

Reaction Score
Some are acting like he’s got an unfixable shot. There have been plenty of recent cases of players that just could not figure it out or have struggled to figure it out (Fultz, Simmons the most famous). All I’m saying is I think he’s starting from a place that’s a heck of a lot better than where the Ball brothers were and the kid is a workaholic.
Like Mitchell Robinson's free throws ? I guess the Knicks can't be bothered to try and fix it, or something

Reaction Score
We seem to be pretty torn here:
1/2 the BY thinks he killed it.
Other half thinks he left more to be desired.
"Good and terrible"
Because one half of the Boneyard understands the kind of player Andre is, what his strengths and weaknesses actually are. The other half fancies themselves amateur NBA GMs making decisions based on one combine drill

Reaction Score
It's pretty wild Jackson has the same max vert as Kemba and Pat Connaughton's max vert is 4.5 inches higher than Andre's.
Sounds odd to say, but it has been said about a lot of NFL / NBA combine stats over the years - Andre clearly has greater in-game athleticism, vertical leap ability than measured in such a clinical setting. Or maybe its the speed and quickness combined with the leaping ability, moreso than stationary vertical.

Like comparing combine 40 yard times to in-game NFL speed. Emmitt Smith was one of those guys. Never measured well, but always seemed to be scoring on long runs

Last edited:
Reaction Score

jackson's impact didn't translate to the box score. sanogo's sure did, though.

Watched the whole game. Jackson played good D but was passive on offense looking to get guys involved. Should have had like 5 assists but guys kept missing.

Sanogo missed some easy shots but had a strong game. Just wished he stepped out to shoot more. They used him for pick and roll which he excelled at.

Reaction Score
Of course, he's always the most athletic guy on the court, that's why that number is so weird. I don't even know how it works, I assumed they give you multiple jumps and take the top jump. Maybe it's just one jump now and he slipped.
Maybe the team that’s fallen in love with him told him to make his jump height look less gaudy so they have a better chance of getting him at their draft pick spot!

Reaction Score
Andre was a +6. Not surprising at all. His defense, facilitating, and fundamentals are things all winning teams appreciate.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
He’s still so non committal about leaving, I think he’s leaning towards staying. It’s not like he doesn’t know his draft range by now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom