An early opinion | The Boneyard

An early opinion

Reaction Score
Ive got to say in the limited amount of cbb ive seen so far the teams that have really raised my eyebrow are Ucla, Duke, Kansas, Gonzaga and Uconn. These teams look absolutely loaded and in their early outtings have not disappointed. I look for Uconn to crack the top 15 early on and if they win in the Battle 4 Atlantis i see them getting their pretty quickly. I hate to admit it but Duke looks really, really good. Kansas would problably win it all if the tournament were held next week and UCLA basically has their F4 team back. Gonzaga has a very special player whos ceiling seems insane. It seems to me that there will be more heavyweight teams who all have NBA talent this season than we`ve had in a while. Looks like Uconn reloaded just in time because we are going to have some big dogs around the country this season and im loving the idea of us being in the midst of it all. Looks like this season could make up for the cow dung we`ve had to deal with the last two years.

Reaction Score
Saw some of the Duke Kentucky the other night. You know when your stocking your team from the top 10 shelves what the hell do you expect?

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Nice take, sans for the Dook reference

Which begs the question; when Dook plays Squid, who do you guys want to win? I just go to bed

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Hey @gtcam

Fun Baking GIF by TLC

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Not for nothing but inside our conference Nova looked just as advertised and St. Johns looked scary.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
Nice take, sans for the Dook reference

Which begs the question; when Dook plays Squid, who do you guys want to win? I just go to bed
It’s who do you want to lose more is the question.

I always vote for Squid, but it’s close.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
I want Duke to lose because they are elitist. Love to see them humbled. I never see Kentucky as elite; just an assembly of talent with a Squid for an in-game coach. So much talent..............so little results.

Reaction Score
When Hawkins is able to play, and I’m assuming he slides right into the rotation, UCONN has three guards, three wings and three big guys. Eight of nine are veteran players. It’s a deep team with lots of player combos on offer. If they bring the defense, they can be in every game they may potentially play. And a kid like Diggins should be able to cover spot minutes should a couple of the guards get in foul trouble.
They didn’t screw around Tuesday and were in good form as far as intensity is concerned. This is increasingly looking like a UCONN team that Calhoun would have been pleased to coach.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Ive got to say in the limited amount of cbb ive seen so far the teams that have really raised my eyebrow are Ucla, Duke, Kansas, Gonzaga and Uconn. These teams look absolutely loaded and in their early outtings have not disappointed. I look for Uconn to crack the top 15 early on and if they win in the Battle 4 Atlantis i see them getting their pretty quickly. I hate to admit it but Duke looks really, really good. Kansas would problably win it all if the tournament were held next week and UCLA basically has their F4 team back. Gonzaga has a very special player whos ceiling seems insane. It seems to me that there will be more heavyweight teams who all have NBA talent this season than we`ve had in a while. Looks like Uconn reloaded just in time because we are going to have some big dogs around the country this season and im loving the idea of us being in the midst of it all. Looks like this season could make up for the cow dung we`ve had to deal with the last two years.

If we win battle of Atlantis we would be top 10. Obviously I'm rooting like hell for it. I just think that is a very tall order right now. I think its going to take into January for this team to really start to motor. We have the pieces, but things need to shake out on the offensive end, and its going to take a bit. Going from the CCSU's of the world to the loaded Atlantis field so early in our development is a really tall order that I'm having a hard time getting my hopes too high for. Than again, we won Maui in 2010. I'm curious and excited to see where we stand coming out of Thanksgiving weekend.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
If we win battle of Atlantis we would be top 10. Obviously I'm rooting like hell for it. I just think that is a very tall order right now. I think its going to take into January for this team to really start to motor. We have the pieces, but things need to shake out on the offensive end, and its going to take a bit. Going from the CCSU's of the world to the loaded Atlantis field so early in our development is a really tall order that I'm having a hard time getting my hopes too high for. Than again, we won Maui in 2010. I'm curious and excited to see where we stand coming out of Thanksgiving weekend.

I liked what I saw against CCSU but am making no real assessment until after Atlantis. And even then it's not like this team is maxed out on potential based on Atlantis.

Definitely room to grow and fine tune the rotation and roles for the top 10. Only thing I know for certain right now is Johnson and Springs are definitely on the outside looking in for minutes. Everyone other scholarship player who played looked like they belong on the floor and there wasn't an appreciable drop off in individual or team performance. Hawkins, by all indications, has to get some minutes; not as certain with Floyd this season.

Reaction Score

I share your hopes -- and concerns. It's almost a certainty that UConn will go into Atlantis with a set of newly-acquired careless habits and false assumptions picked up by playing four utter cupcakes in a row. It will take an immediate adjustment to escape a loss or two. Auburn opened against a decent Morehead State team and will play a true road game at South Florida before heading for Atlantis. They will be more prepared than UConn. MSU, of course, opened against Kansas. None of that takes away from the fact that we "have the pieces", as you say, and will be okay going into December.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom