Amari in Transfer Portal | The Boneyard

Amari in Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Obviously the best thing for her. I'm sure there are plenty of D1 programs who would love to have her. As a matter of fact, I'm surprised she didn't go last year.
Not to mention Big East programs, all of whom are hurting for size and paint presence. I can think of destinations in suburban Philadelphia, Omaha (if she wants to travel that far), and Milwaukee depending on what happens with the Marquette coaching situation.

Reaction Score
Wish her well. Seems like a nice young woman that had a fun time with her stay at UConn. The "business" side of things just didn't work out, which is disappointing, but these things happen and we move on and hope it works out for the best for everyone.

Reaction Score
Amari seemed to be very popular & appreciated by her teammates.
She has all the tools , but just was never able to get her game out of neutral & into gear.
Hope she can find herself in another environment.
Good luck to you, Amari!

Reaction Score
Obviously the best thing for her. I'm sure there are plenty of D1 programs who would love to have her. As a matter of fact, I'm surprised she didn't go last year.
Best of luck to her. It’s a shame she couldn’t adapt to Geno’s system. She certainly had all the credentials coming in high school A.A. McDonalds AA.

Reaction Score
I think this is a win-win situation for UConn and Amari. I could always see her potential, but sadly I don’t think she was given a chance to develop. Wonder where she’ll end up! Wherever it is, I hope she can get meaningful playing time!

Reaction Score
No doubt Amari made life-long friendships with the team and I appreciate her time with UCONN. She appears to have a bright future ahead of her and I’ll never forget the highlight of her assist while sitting on the court :D

We’ll miss you Amari!!!

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Best of luck to Amari...hope she has lots of offers to choose from...sure seems like an absolutely
wonderful person.
Does this not leave Geno with a schollie to offer....even after the Sarah Strong
addition?

A portal pick-up? An international player? No move at all?

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Sometimes it just doesn't work. You could always see the potential, but I never thought she looked comfortable on the court. I could see her being great somewhere else because she has skills.

Wishing her all the best. She was a great teammate and appears to be a great person.

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
I’ve always been impressed with DeBerry as a high quality person who has much more than basketball going on for her. I’m sure she will make the best out of wherever she goes.

This brings up an interesting dilemma if I am not mistaken. Did we not have a couple other offers besides Strong to HS students? Meanwhile, there are a couple of portal candidates that might fit (Chen?). With fourteen already on the roster do you go HS or portal for the last available one?

In general I favor developing multiyear HS overall, but using the portal for particular one time needs. In particular for this squad I would not go after a portal guard with Bueckers, Fudd, Shade, Arnold and Ziebell already on the roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom