Alleyne to the transfer portal | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Alleyne to the transfer portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If I had to guess, I doubt he'd be leaving if he thought he would start next year. That may lead to the conclusion that he thinks both Newton and Jackson may be coming back. While I greatly thank Alleyne for his contribution, if you tell me I have to let go of one of Newton, Alleyne or Jackson, I wouldn't be selecting Newton or Jackson.

Reaction Score
He was awesome in his role for us. Key component.

Now he wants to start and bring his game to the next level. Good for him, probably the right move. The entire A-10 should be after him. From what I saw he could start for a B-10 team like Purdue.

Reaction Score
First instinct is NOOOOOOO!!! After pausing for a second must mean there’s some moving pieces going on
Agreed, otherwise it's a surprise. Obviously, it suggests we either have another guard returning or we have a new singer joining the backcourt.

Reaction Score
If I had to guess, I doubt he'd be leaving if he thought he would start next year. That may lead to the conclusion that he thinks both Newton and Jackson may be coming back. While I greatly thank Alleyne for his contribution, if you tell me I have to let go of one of Newton, Alleyne or Jackson, I wouldn't be selecting Newton or Jackson.
We also have a five kid recruiting class and the possibility of landing Timberlake.

You want to be an elite program this is what happens. You can’t be sympathetic over depth pieces when you have plenty of talent at your disposal

Reaction Score
The bench was looking iffy halfway through the year, and it transformed into a strength down the stretch. Alleyne was a huge reason for that. He played his role so well, and seemed to bring his best in big games.

Alleyne reminds me a lot of Kromah - both guys may be forgotten years later, but they transferred in and became crucial role players on championship teams.

(Also, the timing is definitely interesting as others have pointed out, lol)

Reaction Score
He went from a player I thought was a disappointment to one of my favorite players. I had lots of confidence in his ability to defend and make shots as the season wore on. When Andre got in foul trouble vs Miami, Nahiem stepped in and stopped Wong. One of my favorite memories of the post game vs SDSU was the smile he had.
Thank you Nahiem for becoming a Husky, we will remember you forever.
You can always change your mind and be part of #6.

Reaction Score
There are some kids who when they transfer out, it’s admittedly a little harder to still root for them and wish them well. He’s definitely not one of those; so thankful Alleyne spent this last season with UConn, and he has a national title to show for it. Will keep an eye on where he lands for next season.

Reaction Score
First instinct is NOOOOOOO!!! After pausing for a second must mean there’s some moving pieces going on
As UConn Daily reported, the team had 16 players with 13 scholarships. There had to be movement. That total included Naheim, Sanogo, Jackson and Newton. Three more players still need to make decisions before a transfer can be accommodated.

Reaction Score
Our best stretch of basketball coincided with Nahiem playing great. It wasn’t coincidental, he was a tremendous contributor and wish him well moving forward.

Lots of people made huge sacrifices last year & Alleyne is near or at the top of that list. He already got to knock off a bucket list item of winning a Natty. Now go showcase yourself off to make some $$$ in the future.

Reaction Score
He was awesome in his role for us. Key component.

Now he wants to start and bring his game to the next level. Good for him, probably the right move. The entire A-10 should be after him. From what I saw he could start for a B-10 team like Purdue.
Not only could he start at Purdue, he would be one of the best guards in the big10 i think. Its a weak backcourt league

Reaction Score
Glad he came to UConn because he definitely helped win a championship. But I never expected him to stay for more than 1 year and they need the scholarship, so I'm fine with this. I wish him luck at his new school. He'll always be a Husky to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom