Alive and well | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Alive and well

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Wow. How frightening! So glad for everyone's recovery.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Good god man, this is incredible.

You were a meme here for awhile, no one could grasp what could have happened. Jokes flowed. Concern arose. Natties won. Parades had. You and you were family were (thankfully) living out a crazy few months. We’re happy you’re alive and well. Go Houston chapter Huskies Nation!

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Sorry to hear about your awful situation and glad you and your family are okay.

If we start losing some games though we may need you to go ahead and take another hiatus.

IMG_7408.jpeg

Reaction Score
Glad you are okay @Ewekon, I remember reading through that whole thread and being perplexed as to what could have happened. I’m sure it will he somewhat funny to read yourself, hopefully others don’t hold any unnecessary grudges.

To your health and your family/friend’s health!

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Don’t want to say that this needs to be recreated annually for the mojo, but…

In all seriousness very glad you and your family will be ok!

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Sorry for your misfortune, but glad to learn you're OK.

Reaction Score
MrsRI was enthralled when I showed her this and the original party thread from back in March.

She is skeptical though and is checking for accident reports online right now to verify. She is a big DB Cooper fan.

Regardless welcome back Dan and glad you and the family are well.
D B Cooper was driving the big rig.

Glad everyone made it out alive.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Hi Yard.

I am not, notEwekon.

All apologies and the story.

90 +/- minutes before "party time" on game one FF day, my 5 year old grandson, son in law and myself here in Houston went out for some last minute decorations. While driving my daughter's Honda Fit, we were huge time slammed by a full pay load semi that turned out to be mechanically out of control.

The 3 of us and truck driver are healed (healing) and will be ab fab sooner than later. For those familiar, corner of Westheimer and Dunlavy.

None of the 3 of us remembers anything. All unconscious for a long time. Broken, bruised, punctured dislocated, concussed and so on. No one will be needing any kind of wheelchair etc. Amazing.

To the dozens of wonderful people at Texas Medical Center, you do God's work as this was "supposed" to involve fatalities.

Nope.

For a time my daughter thought she lost her son, husband and father in a matter of seconds. Think about that one.

Family services at TMC were true Florence Nightingales. Kind doesn't come close. Thank you all.

It has taken me a while to wrap my arms around all this. So...
.. my first post in a while. Lots and lots of quiet time since April.

Who won, anyway?

To those that headed over, my apologies. Really. Food was donated to a children's charity
Rocks were saved for current consumption.

I could go on and get all mushy; but enough of me was physically mushy for quite awhile.

Not sharing photos, so no Chief's Briefs on this one. It is all on record if you must.

I am posting this and then going back to read the wippin' I am sure I took.

This is the Boneyard. No room for lame - O accidents. I stand accused and I'm sure convicted.

I missed you collective idiots a lot. Really.

On to #6

Dan

PS. The driver is now part of the family. Truck went haywire and he is a man's man. At our urging just leaving conclusion as mechanical breakdown, which it was for certain.

Lawyers will be making a lot of money on this one fer sher.
And this folks, is how you get 95 LIKES.

Reaction Score
Hey man! Glad everyone survived and from what it sounds like without life changing injuries. I figured it was something serious when we were all ghosted and it was nearly as bad as I was guessing. We have a good friend that was in a serious accident in 2015 which resulted in a traumatic brain injury among other physical issues and she’ll never be the same. Hopefully that’s not the case with your family.

On a lighter side, the mystery led to some funny posts, references, and callbacks during the offseason. But all in good fun due to celebrating #5.

Welcome back to the insanity.

Reaction Score
Goodness that is something awful for you all to go through. Glad you all pulled through in one piece.

Reaction Score
Hi Yard.

I am not, notEwekon.

90 +/- minutes before "party time" on game one FF day, my 5 year old grandson, son in law and myself here in Houston went out for some last minute decorations. While driving my daughter's Honda Fit, we were huge time slammed by a full pay load semi that turned out to be mechanically out of control.

The 3 of us and truck driver are healed (healing) and will be ab fab sooner than later. For those familiar, corner of Westheimer and Dunlavy.

None of the 3 of us remembers anything. All unconscious for a long time. Broken, bruised, punctured dislocated, concussed and so on. No one will be needing any kind of wheelchair etc. Amazing.

To the dozens of wonderful people at Texas Medical Center, you do God's work as this was "supposed" to involve fatalities.

Nope.

For a time my daughter thought she lost her son, husband and father in a matter of seconds. Think about that one.

Family services at TMC were true Florence Nightingales. Kind doesn't come close. Thank you all.

Who won, anyway?

To those that headed over, my apologies. Really. Food was donated to a children's charity

I could go on and get all mushy; but enough of me was physically mushy for quite awhile.

Not sharing photos, so no Chief's Briefs on this one. It is all on record if you must.

This is the Boneyard. No room for lame - O accidents. I stand accused and I'm sure convicted.

On to #6

Dan

PS. The driver is now part of the family. Truck went haywire and he is a man's man. At our urging just leaving conclusion as mechanical breakdown, which it was for certain.

Hey, you came back on line and finished your story. That puts you ahead of @August_West .

Glad you are o.k.

Reaction Score
Hi Yard.

I am not, notEwekon.

Nope.

Who won, anyway?

On to #6

Dan

Amazing. Glad you are ok.

Reaction Score
What a story. So glad the outcome thus far is going better than your loved ones dreaded all those months ago. Welcome back.
While all of us idiots are entertaining ourselves delving into the mysteries and fantacies, you were not having such fun.

Reaction Score
If you just practiced law in TX. Your handle came to mind as my opus was finishing up ...
LOL. If I was a TX lawyer, I still wouldn't be qualified to do anything that might, I don't know, benefit actual human beings as opposed to businesses.

Reaction Score
Speaking of Auggie, he hasn’t posted since 10/27

Hoping he's just busy with a new baby. He's a good guy. I just poked through my contacts but must've lost his number when I got a new phone.

TerryBoyz

Get four fruits!
Reaction Score
Glad to hear you are on the mend.
Spoiler alert, we are still debating if all games should be played at gampel and if cooper Flagg will change his mind.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom