Alex Karaban Recruitment | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Alex Karaban Recruitment

Reaction Score
I do wonder, given he’s been on campus a semester longer than a usual sophomore, and that he probably came into college with a bunch of credits from AP courses or other locations, how close he is to graduating, and if that will have any impact on an NBA decision.
I believe he will actually have 2 degrees in May

Reaction Score
How would he get 2 degrees in May? You mean a BA and a BS? Or are you talking about a degree with 2-3 majors?

Reaction Score
@nomar - Maybe Glen Miller can present Alex’s second degree with a copy of the course catalog. On the other hand, the article said Alex’s mom indicated Hurley hadn’t mentioned academics even once during their first visit.
Maybe Danny should have had at least a passing reference to academics, but I love Danny’s basketball focus.

Reaction Score
How would he get 2 degrees in May? You mean a BA and a BS? Or are you talking about a degree with 2-3 majors?

I'm guessing comp sci and stats are BS's and sports management is a BA. So 2 degrees.

I don't know if one or two of those are minors though.

Reaction Score
Go to the Ivy leagues when you have no legit NBA prospects. Alex made the correct choice. 1 Natty in hand (possibly more), scads of NIL and then professional NBA career

Reaction Score

This feels misleading. Maybe I'm just being nitpicky though.

It has never been difficult to get NBA scouts in the room... those guys travel for a living. It's 2024--if you're good, the whole country will know about you. The issue is maximizing draft potential (and $$) in a league that is less competitive.

It will be interesting to see if Mack and Lee don't transfer what will happen with their draft prospects. If they put up even 2/3rds of their current numbers at a high major, they'd probably be a first-round draft pick (definitely Lee with his better size).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom