2020 Recruiting: - Alan Griffin | Page 7 | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting: Alan Griffin

Reaction Score
I am all for them continuing to pull in talent yet finding a way to still suck
I know we like to look at it like that but they finished one spot ahead of us in kenpom last year.....

Reaction Score
I know we like to look at it like that but they finished one spot ahead of us in kenpom last year.....
This is missing some context. We were up 46 and 127 spots compared to the two prior years while they were down 12 and 10 spots respectively. That also ignores their recent recruiting issues. These are two programs going in different directions.

Reaction Score
Sure they finished 1 spot ahead of us but we would’ve jumped them by 10 after the conference tourney.

Anyways onto 2020-21 and Cuse will be nowhere near us in the rankings

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
There is no room for Kadary here. That ship has sailed

Aren’t there 2 spots open? He’d fill one of them very nicely.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Let’s be honest here I’m amazed dad allowed this to happen. Go play for a guy who is cooked as a coach and even when he was “good” he didn’t prepare for the next level very well at all. The 2-3 zone is the absolute worst preparation for the league. Why?
I was just about to text the same thing! Dad has to know the mess Cuse is in, that it won't prepare him for the NBA. Must really like orange is all I can say

Reaction Score
Let’s be honest here I’m amazed dad allowed this to happen.
I was just about to text the same thing! Dad has to know the mess Cuse is in
it's kinda weird how controlling a lot of players parents are...mine had zero input on where i wanted to go to college and players get a much better look and feel for these schools throughout the recruitment process than your average student does on a campus tour.

edit-i understand there's a lot of money on the line but interfering in/dictating a given players' decision making process would most likely disrupt their long term development and therefore their max earning potential. a player should decide what's best for them, not be told what's best.

Last edited:

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
it's kinda weird how controlling a lot of players parents are...mine had zero input on where i wanted to go to college and players get a much better look and feel for these schools throughout the recruitment process than your average student does on a campus tour.

edit-i understand there's a lot of money on the line but interfering in/dictating a given players' decision making process would most likely disrupt their long term development and therefore their max earning potential. a player should decide what's best for them, not be told what's best.
No you are right not told, but maybe guided? My father guided me all my life and still does and he died in 1991

Reaction Score
This is missing some context. We were up 46 and 127 spots compared to the two prior years while they were down 12 and 10 spots respectively. That also ignores their recent recruiting issues. These are two programs going in different directions.
People are on here acting like they were a bottom program.....i get the hate but they are pulling in two very good players.......I agree our arrow looks to be pointing higher than theirs just feel like we are overblowing how bad they are

Reaction Score
People are on here acting like they were a bottom program.....i get the hate but they are pulling in two very good players.......I agree our arrow looks to be pointing higher than theirs just feel like we are overblowing how bad they are
I don’t think anyone says they’re terrible. I think the opinion is that they’re middling and heading in the wrong direction but not fast enough that the administration has enough political capital to fire JB. If UConn weren’t heading in the right direction, this would have been a very meh year. Syracuse has the same middling results but minimal reason to hope that will change. Even with these two, they’re not going to be a particularly talented team next year.

Reaction Score
I have no inside information other than what I read from posts and reports. But it seems like SU was Griffin's destination bc he could be close to Dad (Toronto), Mom (Ossining) and perhaps his sister? I actually initially thought UConn would have been a better fit for the kid because of our style of play, the position-less coaching, and the fact that Dad and Dan were former teammates and stayed in touch. Plus a national championship is better possibility in Storrs than SU in the next couple years (personal privilege bias there).

They could have bought a condo in Storrs and seen both Aubrey and Allen play. But who knows. Lots of boxes need to be checked on both sides to make a good marriage.

Obviously the father knows the game and still recommended the SU program which isn't exactly known for developing pro players.

Good luck to Allan nonetheless.

Reaction Score
A
I don’t think anyone says they’re terrible. I think the opinion is that they’re middling and heading in the wrong direction but not fast enough that the administration has enough political capital to fire JB. If UConn weren’t heading in the right direction, this would have been a very meh year. Syracuse has the same middling results but minimal reason to hope that will change. Even with these two, they’re not going to be a particularly talented team next year.
I do think they are basically forced to let Boeheim run his course, and he’s obviously hanging on too long, I think it’s the natural trajectory of how these things go with the old ball coach not willing to hang them up

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom