Alabama Post Game Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Alabama Post Game Thread

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Newton shot 1-6 but he controlled the game, singlehandedly got us in the double bonus early, went 6-6 on ft's, his one field goal was the three that sealed it, he had 8 assists, 1 turnover, and 4 steals.

Dude is a baller.
Really a true pg. No one ever makes him pickup his dribble. Only does so when he has something to do with the ball. Great vision and pace. Can score when needed but doesn’t need you to have a big impact.

Reaction Score
Playing the game Sunday at 10 is awful, I know it’s an nfl Sunday but damn

Reaction Score
Btw that wasn’t our most complete game. We should’ve won by 20+
Yeah to spread the lead with AJAX and Diarra in tells you a lot. It was all about D.

Reaction Score
Not a walking bucket, but holy s___ does he know how to draw fouls. Gets us in the bonus, converts at the line, and puts defenders on tilt.
You must have missed the game against Oregon.

Reaction Score
Best start to a season since 13-14’ before that 10-11’ we all know what happened those two years. This team is special. Having Sanogo, Hawkins, Newton, each can put up 20+ any given night is an absolute luxury. Not to mention the supporting cast & depth that we have this year. Big win, but cant let off the gas. Cant wait for Sunday night.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
1. I hope Sanogo gets an NBA contract. He’ll change his families life regardless, you can just tell he works his tail off. Kids a winner.

2. Andre is an X factor regardless of the shooting. His passing/energy/defense/rebounding is all so high level. His ball denial on Miller was huge.

3. Our starting backcourt put up a donut in the first half. We led going into that half. This team is deep with options.

4. Alex might be a future nba player. So much offensive skill, and solid defense for a freshman.

5. The refs forgot what a blocking foul was apparently. The emphasis on flopping was ignored today.

caw

Reaction Score
Ok let's just disagree on his impact on this game. He did get some nice rebounds I will give you that. you can't refute his offense was horrible. He also got beat off the dribble a lot in this game unlike the other 2. Not saying he was horrible but just not as good as the past 2 games on D.

His shooting was bad and so was his shot selection.

I don't think you can discount how much pressure he took off Newton by being able to bring the ball up the court. Alabama hounded him and Newton all game fullcourt.

The fact the team had only 12 t/os all game and 5 came from the frontcourt (Adama - 3, Karaban - 1, Clingan - 1) is a miracle. Boxscore only has 11 assigned, so one was the shot-clock violation? That's fantastic.

Reaction Score
Why is the joint less than half full? Unreal.
Every team in our bracket is from the East Coast (or Midwest) except Oregon and all their fans decided not to come after they were so bad. Not exactly the same Thanksgiving weekend destination as say Maui or Atlantis.

The Gonzaga-Purdue game is pretty packed.

Reaction Score
A great team win. The true mark of a team is how you respond when things aren’t going your way, we beat a very good Bama team tonight, we’re able to respond to their punch and when we punched back we kept on punching them.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
No one has come close to beating us this year. We just dominated a loaded Alabama team for about 25 minutes and held even for the other 15. We’re top 5 good. We should accumulate a bunch of wins in a down big east
The other 15 was them coming back to tie from down 15. We had two runs, they had one.

Reaction Score
Yeah but he isn't remotely close to a PG or an NBA guard. Love his effort and rebounding. Not a fan of his overall game but he has a purpose just wish his offensive game developed more.
I thought he looked better on offense this game of course I wish his shooting was better.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom