OT: - AL East | The Boneyard

OT: AL East

Reaction Score
Let's get this out of the way first.
Yes, another non-cbb thread
Yes we know, it's gonna be a long offseason.

Now,
this division is the best division in baseball, not only this year, but in a long long time. The last place Sox are way better than a last place team. They can put runs on you in a minute. Yankees fans are bemoaning a bad season, and they are 25-19 and absolutely crushing the ball of late. The Rays, Jays and Orioles at the top of the division are loaded with young and veteran talent (including Uconns own George Springer)

As a huge Rays fan, as good as they've been, no AL east team is a good matchup.

Check in if you're a fan of an AL East team and have been itching to talk baseball instead of AJax's shooting style.

Reaction Score
Diehard Yanks fan. Starting to warm up lately, offense finally picking it up. Once they get rid of the dead weight like Hicks (hopefully) and get a couple pitchers back, they'll make a run at the division. Thoughts on the other teams:

Rays - They're the Rays, the voodoo magic is alive and well with them like always
O's - Once they get a few decent arms, they will be scary for a long time
Jays - More bark than bite. Always running their mouths with no results. The nonsense the past 2 nights with the Yanks just underscores that
Sox - Good offense, dumpster fire pitching staff. When Kluber, Sale and Paxton (I know, just called up) are your top 3 starters, your pitching is pretty bad, lol

Reaction Score
Yanks fan. I hate the AL East. It's not fair that our division is a bloodbath every single year and the rest of these division are total dogcrap
It's intense. But then when we play outside of our division it's like child's play. Thankfully we are now playing each other less.

Reaction Score
Diehard Yanks fan. Starting to warm up lately, offense finally picking it up. Once they get rid of the dead weight like Hicks (hopefully) and get a couple pitchers back, they'll make a run at the division. Thoughts on the other teams:

Rays - They're the Rays, the voodoo magic is alive and well with them like always
O's - Once they get a few decent arms, they will be scary for a long time
Jays - More bark than bite. Always running their mouths with no results. The nonsense the past 2 nights with the Yanks just underscores that
Sox - Good offense, dumpster fire pitching staff. When Kluber, Sale and Paxton (I know, just called up) are your top 3 starters, your pitching is pretty bad, lol
Good assessment. We've all been waiting for the Jay's to make that splash. I'm guessing it's more of a mgmt. front office thing for them, given the amt of talent they have. But they'll be there at years end.
As for the Sox, its funny. You see those names on the staff and it's some of the biggest names in baseball...but...the aging pitchers thing is a tough one. Having seen Kluber a lot recently when he was in a Rays uni there was still that confidence in the guy who won a cy young. But I agree, they do suffer there. I'm still most scared of the Yanks

Reaction Score
Sevy back, Rodan coming and Yankees have been hurt by starters not performing or going long yet but, Judge crushing. Question. Why would anyone pitch to him unless you are 7 runs ahead?
Long season and it’s early but stuff has a way of coming back to reality but we’ll see.

Reaction Score
Sevy back, Rodan coming and Yankees have been hurt by starters not performing or going long yet but, Judge crushing. Question. Why would anyone pitch to him unless you are 7 runs ahead?
Long season and it’s early but stuff has a way of coming back to reality but we’ll see.
No. It seems he can at least go warning track whenever he chooses. I have to add, as a lifelong Yankee...ummmm....disliker, I love Aaron Judge. He is the ideal superstar. A generational talent and a great dude

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Yanks fan. I hate the AL East. It's not fair that our division is a bloodbath every single year and the rest of these division are total dogcrap
Would love to see baseball move to an east / west model like the NBA and NHL.

Especially now that the rules are exactly the same between AL and NL, it’s easy.

Current rivalries would be protected, and more regional rivalries will be born.

BullDawg

UGA Alum, U of South Florida Professor Emeritus
Reaction Score
I was very impressed with Beeks as the starter last night. I was surprised they didn’t carry him into the 3rd with his low pitch count, but I probably don’t really understand the nuances of the bull pen game strategy.

Reaction Score
Yanks fan... And even with their mediocrity thus far, they'll still win 90+ games before bowing out.

Dumo, major props for being literally the only Rays fan I knew back in the 90s/00s. And you'd held tough.

Reaction Score
Go down their lineup with everyone healthy. Who couldn’t they beat? Right now just add Sevy, Rodan, Stanton, and Donaldson. German in the pen. Judge and Rizzo are doing all the carrying now but their lineup could look much different at the bottom.

Reaction Score
Wow multiple Rays fans in one thread!

They’ve been good for over a decade now and the Trop is still only half full most games. I’m genuinely shocked to meet Rays fans because I’m still not sure they actually exist.

BullDawg

Reaction Score
Wow multiple Rays fans in one thread!

They’ve been good for over a decade now and the Trop is still only half full most games. I’m genuinely shocked to meet Rays fans because I’m still not sure they actually exist.
Many problems for attendance including, but not limited to: population base full of transplants from cities with old line teams (e.g. when the Trop is somewhat full, many locals are rooting for the other team (Yanks,Red Sox particularly), the Trop is a horrendous baseball venue, in a poor location, surrounding area of the Trop profiles older and unlikely to attend. It’s true, we don’t deserve the Rays here. Amazing that, with such a low payroll, we so often are ahead of teams like the Yankees.

ETA: I’m a real Braves fan from youthful years in Georgia. Went to games with my Dad when Rico Carty played there. So, I’m part of the problem too.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Go down their lineup with everyone healthy. Who couldn’t they beat? Right now just add Sevy, Rodan, Stanton, and Donaldson. German in the pen. Judge and Rizzo are doing all the carrying now but their lineup could look much different at the bottom.

Yanks fan. Need Sevy for more than 13 starts them down again. Rodon as well but really need some starters, seems teams are catching up a bit on Nasty Nestor. Need Stanton in the lineup but we can drop Hicks and Donaldson as soon as possible.

Reaction Score
Many problems for attendance including, but not limited to: population base full of transplants from cities with old line teams (e.g. when the Trop is somewhat full, many locals are rooting for the other team (Yanks,Red Sox particularly), the Trop is a horrendous baseball venue, in a poor location, surrounding area of the Trop profiles older and unlikely to attend. It’s true, we don’t deserve the Rays here. Amazing that, with such a low payroll, we so often are ahead of teams like the Yankees.

ETA: I’m a real Braves fan from youthful years in Georgia. Went to games with my Dad when Rico Carty played there. So, I’m part of the problem too.
All good points. I’m a Yankees fan living in Charlotte and, full disclosure, I hope Tampa continues to blow it with the Rays and we find a way to steal them.

BullDawg

Reaction Score
All good points. I’m a Yankees fan living in Charlotte and, full disclosure, I hope Tampa continues to blow it with the Rays and we find a way to steal them.
Charlotte hasn’t been mentioned as a potential new home around here, but if we lose them, I would greatly prefer them to go there over going to Orlando’s grandstanding recent proposal. San Antonio used to get mentioned as well as Las Vegas (up until the Oakland situation). i’m hoping Tampa can bring them over. Much better chances for reasonable attendance in Tampa.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
I live in Nashville (as does Jaydumo) and I am really hoping we get the A’s or Rays franchise…

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom