Akok? | The Boneyard

Akok?

Reaction Score
Any word on what happened to Akok on Saturday? He didn't even suit up.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
According to the UConn Daily email report this morning Akok is still out.

Screenshot_20210126-124026.png

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
This was from after the Creighton game, doesn't sound like he's coming back any time soon

I think Hurley realized Akok needs more time to get his timing and athleticism to return. As of now he is not contributing to the team in terms of plus minus. So that's why probably......

Reaction Score
Yikes. Hope he gets back to form one day and these injuries don't continue to plague his career.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Could be a badly bruised shin, which can be quite painful. However ...

The other possibility is obviously that a "bruised shin" in a basketball player just coming back from injury, and working up to playing level is often a tibial stress reaction/early stress fracture. Which would explain there being no timeline for return.

Though I'm not sure why you wouldn't just say that if it were so.

Again, just musings, no inside information.

Reaction Score
For a bruised shin? Come on man. I really think we need Akok to give us some rim protection with athleticism.
If you think he’d be impactful in these upcoming games you clearly haven’t watched any of the games this season. He’s been extremely rusty, he’ll get back with it soon thoughz

Reaction Score

The other possibility is obviously that a "bruised shin" in a basketball player just coming back from injury, and working up to playing level is often a tibial stress reaction/early stress fracture. Which would explain there being no timeline for return.

I tore my Achillies almost 13 years ago to the day, while I was in my mid-20's. I had never had shin discomfort before that and I am not surprised Akok is going through the same.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

Thanks for the insight.

Reaction Score
Bruised shins are rather painful. The decision to shut it down for the time being indicates that it would risk further injury. I remember a few injuries where the bruise eventually became a stress fracture. Smart move by the staff knowing it's essentially a free year for the kids. We don't want a long term injury that spills into next year.

Reaction Score
Just being realistic....Forget about Akok making an impact until next season. Happy his injury from last year healed but's it's a long haul and he (we) has hopes for a future beyond UConn.

Hope for his sake he can be 100% next year and displays the Akok from last year ?

Reaction Score
Just being realistic....Forget about Akok making an impact until next season. Happy his injury from last year healed but's it's a long haul and he (we) has hopes for a future beyond UConn

Hope for his sake he can be 100% next year and displays the Akok from last year ?
I think you basically have to treat whatever you get from him as a bonus, even next year.

Reaction Score
I think you basically have to treat whatever you get from him as a bonus, even next year.
Next year? If he is still significantly hindered next year something went horribly wrong.

Reaction Score
Next year? If he is still significantly hindered next year something went horribly wrong.
I don’t think you can take a kid who has basically missed 1.5-2 years of development due to injury and pencil him in to start on a contending team. Akok hopefully will be good to go and improved next year, but we’re much safer assuming he won’t be. Place no expectations on him

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
I don’t think you can take a kid who has basically missed 1.5-2 years of development due to injury and pencil him in to start on a contending team. Akok hopefully will be good to go and improved next year, but we’re much safer assuming he won’t be. Place no expectations on him
not sure I'm seeing this. if he's not an impact player next year, then he's probably not an NBA prospect. hope that's not the case

Reaction Score
I think Akok has potential to go to the league so Hurley is protecting that at all costs. He’s looking out for his career, same with Bouk and even Dre. This year is a washed out season for the record books.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom