AJAX had 2 points 1 board 1 assist and still had such a positive impact on the game | Page 2 | The Boneyard

AJAX had 2 points 1 board 1 assist and still had such a positive impact on the game

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
I don’t think he’s afraid of contact. I think he just hasn’t figured out how to use his strength advantage over most people that guard him. He’s gotten called for a handful of offensive fouls for just bodying the guy on him to create space.

he seems like just and unreal athlete, not just run and jump, but also overall strength. Once he figures out how to harness it, I would imagine it becomes a big part of his offensive game. Eg he should be able to post and jump hook dudes that guard him all day if he can develop those skills. Obviously, we all know the jumper is priority 1a.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
He seems to be deferring to older players with his shot. Could of had a couple foul line jump shots last night. Would like to see him be a bit more agressive with his shooting. Same for JGaff.

Reaction Score
Injuries pre/in season, delays, new roster and of course a freshman have set his development back. D1 opponents, particularly upperclassmen have an advantage over him right now. I still see a little freshman shock and frustration, mainly due to loss and lack of playing time. High School / D1 are two different worlds.

Yet his confidence is on a sophomore level!

Just saying next year, with no interruptions, I expect an explosion in growth. Seeing, practicing and playing with sophomore NBA Bouk will propel his development off season.

Perhaps he'll have his breakout during the post season, Toraino Walker style. That'll be a statement for him becoming the Man on our future team.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Had a clean block the refs called a foul
Seems to have one every game. Like others have said, it's like the refs don't actually see contact, they just assume "there's no way that could have been clean, right?"

Reaction Score
Wasn’t a clean block. He got him with the body on the way up. It was clear as day on the replay the refs made the correct call.
Gotta agree. He’s had a few that were completely clean but called and I initially thought this was as well but the replay showed it was the right call. Still a pretty spectacular play.

Reaction Score
When he got fouled and made two free throws (nice form, he should shoot more!), he did a good job of using positioning and size against smaller defender to create space in lane to get pass. And back to shooting more, he can always follow ball to basket if he realizes it will miss. Man, if he can use teammate's pick and curl around it for a nice 15 foot shot, he'll really improve.

Reaction Score
He should absolutely not be shooting MORE right now. He's at well under 20% for the season from 3 yall. If we were 6-13 and had no tourney hopes, fine. Not now.

I suspect he'll come back with a serviceable, but not great, 3 point shot. He has good enough form to make sure, but just needs reps. I would like to see him be able to drive and score though in the half court--he definitely has that ability in him.

His defense, passing and rebounding at his size are his best attributes right now, and stuff that Hurley really values.

Reaction Score
There were so many times where his length was so obviously bothering guards on the perimeter.

Reaction Score
Not the same position, but I remember how Voskuhl would impact a game though he did not score a lot of points, nor get a lot of rebounds.

His defense and screening and post passing were tremendous, and he was rewarded with an NBA career for his skills.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom