Ain’t Too Proud to Beg | The Boneyard

Ain’t Too Proud to Beg

Reaction Score
For those of you going tomorrow please, please get loud and support the boys.
Don’t go in with a defeated attitude...it will affect how this game goes. A win would do wonders for everyone so let’s go into the game like gangbusters. Get loud from the start. They need our help.

Get em going Big Red!!!!!

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Don’t go in with a defeated attitude...it will affect how this game goes. A win would do wonders for everyone so let’s go into the game like gangbusters. Get loud from the start. They need our help.

Get em going Big Red!!!!!
Will you be there?

Reaction Score
All fans go to the game with winning expectations. UConn fans that I know and the ones on this board always think we can win any game, and in many cases expect to win (especially at home). We have a Championship swagger fanbase.

The difference lately though is that we are no longer confident that we won't lose.

In other words we now see both sides of the coin, where before we only noticed one side.

Reaction Score
Waiting on this one. Would love to see our team and our home crowd rockin the place.

Reaction Score
I am excited for the game. The fan fare behind this event is historical in nature. One for the ages is an understatement. Anyone not feeling this emotional high & adrenaline rush to the core of their blue and white soul needs to do life at Rikers starting at 12 noon on 12/30/17.

Could this be the rebirth of Kevin Ollie (the first day in his new UConn life)? Will the magic of Shabazz Napiers recent play for the Trailblazers ignite an everlasting flame in the gut of Roxbury product Jalen "4hunnid" Adams?

I have chills right now thinking about all the Big Red chants! Just like all Husky fans!

U-C-O-N-N....U-C-O-N-N...and U-C-O-N-N

and of course the absolute joy we will all feel after the game here at the UConn fans home base the legendary Boneyard. :D:D:D:D

Last edited:

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Can explain the "4hunnid" reference, I must of missed that one, thanks in advance

Reaction Score
I am excited for the game. The fan fare behind this event is historical in nature. One for the ages is an understatement. Anyone not feeling this emotional high & adrenaline rush to the core of their blue and white soul needs to do life at Rikers starting at 12 noon on 12/30/17.

Could this be the rebirth of Kevin Ollie (the first day in his new UConn life)? Will the magic of Shabazz Napiers recent play for the Trailblazers ignite an everlasting flame in the gut of Roxbury product Jalen "4hunnid" Adams?

I have chills right now thinking about all the Big Red chants! Just like all Husky fans!

and of course the absolute joy we will all feel after the game here at the UConn fans home base the legendary Boneyard. :D:D:D:D

^This guy is my new favorite poster.

Reaction Score
Don’t go in with a defeated attitude

Can't be said enough. I'm not an overly positive person by nature, but I've truly come to believe in the idea that if you keep repeating things over and over again, even if you don't believe them, that others eventually will.

Ready for tomorrow.

Reaction Score

Bluedoghouse used to be the most rationally optimistic and just generally loving college basketball poster we had on this board. Kevin Ollie has ruined him and turned him bitter (still a great poster, though). He was being sarcastic, if you didn't notice. Unless I am just way off, which is possible but I don't think so.

Reaction Score

I am inspired by the one and only:

CHAMPS99and04

You might be to young to remember the TV show Gilligan's Island.

The smartest character on the show was played by a man named Russell Johnson. Russell played the character known as Professor. The Professors intellect was the key variable to setting up the most improbable rescue in motion picture/TV history. Ginger the hottest castaway also loved The Professor.

Champs what you are to this board and to UConn Nation in general... is the Gillagan's Island version of the Professor. Everyone here at the BY including Tenspro, Super John & FreeScooter (the senior Doubting Thomas's) are looking to be rescued and brought back to civilization. Your analysis, intellect, passion and professorial like clarity is essentially the lifeline that we can all hold onto.

Regardless of the result tomorrow it is fans like you that deserve adulation and respect. I was also not kidding when referencing how you could be a great asset to a coaching staff from a scouting perspective ect ect...

I am sorry to go to Waltonesque on you. :(

Happy New Year!
BDH

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I am inspired by the one and only:

CHAMPS99and04

You might be to young to remember the TV show Gilligan's Island.

The smartest character on the show was played by a man named Russell Johnson. Russell played the character known as Professor. The Professors intellect was the key variable to setting up the most improbable rescue in motion picture/TV history. Ginger the hottest castaway also loved The Professor.

Champs what you are to this board and to UConn Nation in general... is the Gillagan's Island version of the Professor. Everyone here at the BY including Tenspro, Super John & FreeScooter (the senior Doubting Thomas's) are looking to be rescued and brought back to civilization. Your analysis, intellect, passion and professorial like clarity is essentially the lifeline that we can all hold onto.

Regardless of the result tomorrow it is fans like you that deserve adulation and respect. I was also not kidding when referencing how you could be a great asset to a coaching staff from a scouting perspective ect ect...

I am sorry to go to Waltonesque on you. :(

Happy New Year!
BDH

Turns out the professor....Russell Johnson was a serial killer in real life.... can’t make this up

Reaction Score
Bluedoghouse used to be the most rationally optimistic and just generally loving college basketball poster we had on this board. Kevin Ollie has ruined him and turned him bitter (still a great poster, though). He was being sarcastic, if you didn't notice. Unless I am just way off, which is possible but I don't think so.

Good Evening Walker11,

Thank you for the compliment. I appreciate the kind words from both you and Champs (and of course HuskyNAN when that happens) :)! Did it ever happen? hmmmmm

I posted a long post yesterday or the day before on my thoughts regarding KO (strengths/weaknesses). Believe it or not I was essentially born wearing blue underwear. My frustrations certainly are tangible and heartfelt. As a matter of fact the last title actually brought tears to my eyes when Bazz was on stage chatting about "This is what happens when you ban us." To put that in perspective it was one of the happiest days of my life (ok I hear all the laughter except from Champs).

Although I am skeptical to say the least with this team and KO in general (as evidenced by posting history)...I also understand the dynamics of college basketball. When KO was tossed against Louisville on the Giffey foul that was never called...and after the game or soon after he stated" we will see yall back here for the parade (paraphrase). I was one of the few that believed him. There was only one guy I know that had UConn @ 100/1 and that became irrelevant to that person when they won it all.

We have a ways to go but with the Walker11's and Champs99's we will see the light again (this program will).

Happy New Year
BDH

Reaction Score

I took his post as tongue in cheek. He's clearly joking to at least some extent, but I do think there is an undercurrent of excitement being expressed there as well...kind of like he is willing it into existence. Kind of like how "my boy here is going to kill it at the bar tomorrow night!" is both meant to make light of the situation while also revealing a subtle vote of confidence.

Then again, I could be way off. His prose tends to contain an unbridled wave of adrenaline no matter the circumstances. My read is that he's just a fun guy to be around who makes everybody feel better about themselves. I sort of think you can be that way and be bitter about the current situation at the same time.

Reaction Score
I took his post as tongue in cheek. He's clearly joking to at least some extent, but I do think there is an undercurrent of excitement being expressed there as well...kind of like he is willing it into existence. Kind of like how "my boy here is going to kill it at the bar tomorrow night!" is both meant to make light of the situation while also revealing a subtle vote of confidence.

Then again, I could be way off. His prose tends to contain an unbridled wave of adrenaline no matter the circumstances. My read is that he's just a fun guy to be around who makes everybody feel better about themselves. I sort of think you can be that way and be bitter about the current situation at the same time.

I am definitely not intelligent enough to psychoanalyze a guy from a message board (unlike Fleud) but my reading of Bluedoghouse's posts has been much different. I thought I detected a ton more negativity and sarcasm and actually had that thought recently, before this thread was posted, that goshdarn, things have gotten so bad that KO has actually broken BDH.

Whats your thinking on the current situation? Do you think KO can bring us back? I definitely lean towards KO being in over his head but I do think there is a chance he could turn it around in a best possible case scenario. I like the incoming recruits and have heard some negative things about Jalen from family members who are students and you and I both saw who Terry was before the season (very skilled but not necessarily a positive contributor) so I think there is a chance KO is simply unlucky that his stars aren't able to handle the burden of leading the team, especially minus AG.

Reaction Score

Bro you making our fans considering court storming.

Reaction Score
11123874_484204275060245_423293471_n.jpg

Reaction Score
Can explain the "4hunnid" reference, I must of missed that one, thanks in advance
That is a fair question and it has never been asked here. For now let us keep it a secret ok? Kinda for the good mojo gods.

Reaction Score
I am definitely not intelligent enough to psychoanalyze a guy from a message board (unlike Fleud) but my reading of Bluedoghouse's posts has been much different. I thought I detected a ton more negativity and sarcasm and actually had that thought recently, before this thread was posted, that goshdarn, things have gotten so bad that KO has actually broken BDH.

Whats your thinking on the current situation? Do you think KO can bring us back? I definitely lean towards KO being in over his head but I do think there is a chance he could turn it around in a best possible case scenario. I like the incoming recruits and have heard some negative things about Jalen from family members who are students and you and I both saw who Terry was before the season (very skilled but not necessarily a positive contributor) so I think there is a chance KO is simply unlucky that his stars aren't able to handle the burden of leading the team, especially minus AG.

Oh I definitely think the negativity is real. Negativity is kind of the only option right now for those of us looking at the situation realistically. The only thing I don't get are the people giving up their tickets and acting like they can predict the future. We're not at the point, in my opinion, where the product has become so stale and predictable that the only recourse of the fan is to force the AD's hand. I'll give it through at least 2018 before I get there.

Honestly, I feel the same way about the situation now that I did before the season: it's impossible to know because it has become obvious that there are things going on behind the scenes that we don't know about. I'm not even saying they have to be scandalous things - they could be the type of things you're referring to (I fear they are worse than that, though). I just find it futile to guess when I don't know who Kevin Ollie is right now. I'm not in the camp that believes his 2014 title was fool's gold. I actually find that sentiment to be stupid. I believe that something changed diametrically between now and then. If those differences can be mended, then I wholeheartedly support him as the guy to bring us forward. Unfortunately, all signs point towards that not being the case which is why he already feels like a lame duck.

Reaction Score
The one person who will give 100% the whole game today is Big Red. He was there from the 90s and possibly the 80s getting the crowd going. He doesn't quit and the fans love him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom