Aidan Mahaney | Page 25 | The Boneyard

Aidan Mahaney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Steward will play a ton and probably start. I think Norwell will take a little time, it's a tough transition for a point guard. McNealon is so good he's going to start. Sampson will battle it out for starting center. I really want Mahoney, he's that third ballhandler the team needs and he breaks people down. I'm really going to miss Tristan and Spenser, they were hands down the best backcourt in the country.

It really hurt me that you’re not gonna miss Apostrophe Roomaglow at all.

Reaction Score
By now, I’m fairly certain everyone on the team knows we are recruiting Mahaney and Brea. Yes, Solo and Stewart too. And they know there is a possibility both commit. And guess what? They aren’t in the portal. Sleep easy tonight my man.
Portal doesnt close until May 1st. There is still math that could be done.

Reaction Score
Yes to both posts above!

A lot of people are doing quite a bit of speculating here, which is fine as it is one of the reasons message boards such as this one exists and handle a good amount of traffic.

There are only a few things that can be said with certainty:

• Coach Hurley knows better than we do what was and what was not promised in terms of starting/playing time.
  • He has a far better handle on how returning players feel about adding to the roster than we do.
  • He and the staff have a far better idea than we do on who will and who will not return.
  • All evidence from the prior twenty four months has shown us that they actually know what they are doing, have a comprehensive plan on how they want to proceed and are capable at executing that plan at a very high level.
Let’s see how things fall into place over the next few days, weeks, months, then next season. I believe we will be pleased with the results.
Very well said!

Reaction Score
Seeing a couple new pages in this thread and getting excited for overnight news
shocked donald glover GIF

Reaction Score
Feels like a first to commit situation, despite being very different players. If we do get Brea, how we handle minites will be interesting. 2 PG and Solo (who isn't a great ballhandler) + a bunch of wings.

Wouldn't surprise me if we saw Stewart initiating some offense and being a 2-ish. He's got more handles than Solo IMO.
The disrespect for Solo is astounding to me. He is gonna shut a lot of people up this coming year.

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score
If we loose this kid it's because of this, lol. the adults have left the room

Season 5 Hello GIF by Pee-wee Herman

Reaction Score
The real point here is that kids like Ross probably had some expectation of getting a decent chance by soph season. Yeah, of course kids have to want to compete for time, but it gets to be a bit harder when the competition is suddenly guys who have 2-3 years of experience at another school, experience he might never get a chance at at UConn now. Might not be nearly an even playing field. I’m sure some of the posters who want every good portal player called last year’s class the second coming of the Fab Five. I’m not against UConn getting these potentially important transfers, but it remains to be seen if that makes some hs recruits think twice. But pro ball gonna be pro ball.
I see your point, and agree recruiting over kids could lead to a problem with trust if DH is misleading players, but he doesn't seem the type to do that.

Reaction Score
The disrespect for Solo is astounding to me. He is gonna shut a lot of people up this coming year.
I hope he does but it’s not disrespect it’s reality. We didn’t see a lot of ball handling out of him when he played, he was mainly catch and shoot or pass.

Reaction Score
I hope he does but it’s not disrespect it’s reality. We didn’t see a lot of ball handling out of him when he played, he was mainly catch and shoot or pass.
I’d like to see him drive to the basket and get in the lane more like he did early in the season and not settle for shooting threes as often.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Nothing about Steward? I think it's clear people are just doing it on purpose now.
He will be fighting for minutes with Roosevelt

Reaction Score
I think he's making the point that their names are being misspelled a little too often. Koby and Mahaney probably would laugh it off at first...but maybe not for too long. :rolleyes:
Or maybe they'd see a community of fans who enjoy joking around with each other. It's not like telling ethnic jokes and making fun of them.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom