Aidan Mahaney | Page 18 | The Boneyard

Aidan Mahaney

Status
Not open for further replies.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
you would think they would have a big enough table so someone ( his mom?) isn’t sitting on the end of the table lol. no Private room? No less public space? :eek:
From what I understand their head coach wasn't even there until later in the evening.

Reaction Score
you would think they would have a big enough table so someone ( his mom?) isn’t sitting on the end of the table lol. no Private room? No less public space? :eek:

Yes, what a bizarre pic/post. Let’s highlight we have a big recruit in, show a photo with our coach and servers, and then show the table where everyone looks uncomfortable. And then they wonder why Aidan was seemingly following our guys while eating.

Reaction Score
Yes to both posts above!

A lot of people are doing quite a bit of speculating here, which is fine as it is one of the reasons message boards such as this one exists and handle a good amount of traffic.

There are only a few things that can be said with certainty:

• Coach Hurley knows better than we do what was and what was not promised in terms of starting/playing time.
  • He has a far better handle on how returning players feel about adding to the roster than we do.
  • He and the staff have a far better idea than we do on who will and who will not return.
  • All evidence from the prior twenty four months has shown us that they actually know what they are doing, have a comprehensive plan on how they want to proceed and are capable at executing that plan at a very high level.
Let’s see how things fall into place over the next few days, weeks, months, then next season. I believe we will be pleased with the results.
Hurley deserves the benefit of the doubt for the foreseeable future obviously. I’m a Patriots fan, and the phrase “In Bill we trust” was cringe to me even early on. After a while it became apparent that Bill could cook the meal, but his grocery shopping became more and more suspect as time went on. It’s extremely hard to be a coach and evaluate talent on multiple levels (high school and college or college and pros) at the same time. But Hurley is still relatively young and benefits from an extremely talented, bright, and energetic staff. It’s divide and conquer the responsibilities and tasks. Hurley’s ego isn’t too large where he feels he needs to control everything the way Bill did. So in Hurley I trust for the foreseeable future.

Reaction Score

Following along with the UK board has been complete enjoyment this offseason.

Wooo we got rid of Cal -> why would Hurley not want to come here?-> Mark Pope? -> well he is UK family and what a press conference, sign me up! -> realization sinks in that he can’t recruit anywhere close to the level they expect -> we’re going to be BYU East….

Taking Mcneeley, Brea, and Mahaney would be the absolute crème de la crème after so many though Hurley to UK was inevitable.

Reaction Score
Following along with the UK board has been complete enjoyment this offseason.

Wooo we got rid of Cal -> why would Hurley not want to come here?-> Mark Pope? -> well he is UK family and what a press conference, sign me up! -> realization sinks in that he can’t recruit anywhere close to the level they expect -> we’re going to be BYU East….

Taking Mcneeley, Brea, and Mahaney would be the absolute crème de la crème after so many though Hurley to UK was inevitable.

It’s tremendous. For weeks they talked about how their NIL trumps everyone else’s and they’ll just clean up including with Liam, etc. Now theres a post complaining about how CBB is all about $$ and not about substance. Never seen a fan base play both side of the coin 100% of the time. It’s the world’s most dysfunctional tennis match over there. And I’m very much here for it. If Arkansas beats them at Rupp this year the whole state may house of usher itself.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
It’s tremendous. For weeks they talked about how their NIL trumps everyone else’s and they’ll just clean up including with Liam, etc. Now theres a post complaining about how CBB is all about $$ and not about substance. Never seen a fan base play both side of the coin 100% of the time. It’s the world’s most dysfunctional tennis match over there. And I’m very much here for it. If Arkansas beats them at Rupp this year the whole state may house of usher itself.
The way I see it for this upcoming season, in a perfect world we threepeat, Arkansas only wins two games but both are blowout wins against Kentucky.

Reaction Score
The way I see it for this upcoming season, in a perfect world we threepeat, Arkansas only wins two games but both are blowout wins against Kentucky.
And 2 $2 beer nights…one against Georgetown and one against Providence. Both resulting in UConn blowout wins.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Does Hurley seem like the kind of guy that would lie to his players? Or do think he was straight with from the beginning and told them what role he saw them playing next season?
The real point here is that kids like Ross probably had some expectation of getting a decent chance by soph season. Yeah, of course kids have to want to compete for time, but it gets to be a bit harder when the competition is suddenly guys who have 2-3 years of experience at another school, experience he might never get a chance at at UConn now. Might not be nearly an even playing field. I’m sure some of the posters who want every good portal player called last year’s class the second coming of the Fab Five. I’m not against UConn getting these potentially important transfers, but it remains to be seen if that makes some hs recruits think twice. But pro ball gonna be pro ball.

Reaction Score
If he cannot play defense he won't get much playing time. So I don't worry too much about that. DH is all about defense first. Speaking of defense it has been said that Abraham AND Nowell are both lockdown defenders!

Do I have to wait months before I see the latest of the still unfinished of this year's monster version of the Uconn runaway locomotive coming at our opponents ???

The “Play Defense or Sit” mantra is a great motivator. Joey C could not play defense when he got here but learned fast. Diarra’s play time has correlated with his defensive play. Same with Stewart.

Reaction Score
Honestly, at this point I feel as though Mahaney is a big key for us much more than Brea because we're going to need more ballhandling and players who can control things when Nowell is off the court.

This must have everything to do with Diarra.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
The real point here is that kids like Ross probably had some expectation of getting a decent chance by soph season. Yeah, of course kids have to want to compete for time, but it gets to be a bit harder when the competition is suddenly guys who have 2-3 years of experience at another school, experience he might never get a chance at at UConn now. Might not be nearly an even playing field. I’m sure some of the posters who want every good portal player called last year’s class the second coming of the Fab Five. I’m not against UConn getting these potentially important transfers, but it remains to be seen if that makes some hs recruits think twice. But pro ball gonna be pro ball.
We just don't know about Ross or any recruit until they get here and start the process of student athlete in an exceptionally demanding environment as far as the team/practices along with the rest of college life. I think the integrity of DH and staff is the best like everything else they are and do. But because of that they surely don't mince words with what they expect. I'm betting they set individual goals for each player and if so we don't see those goals and how the student athlete performed we are lacking essential knowledge. One thing for sure. Minutes are measured out based primarily on practice performance. I have to trust that the staff says what they mean and mean what they say.
I'm living with that.

Reaction Score
Honestly, at this point I feel as though Mahaney is a big key for us much more than Brea because we're going to need more ballhandling and players who can control things when Nowell is off the court.

This must have everything to do with Diarra.

Agreed. Need a ballhandler. Plenty of PT for Mahaney. 25mpg is there for the taking.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
We just don't know about Ross or any recruit until they get here and start the process of student athlete in an exceptionally demanding environment as far as the team/practices along with the rest of college life. I think the integrity of DH and staff is the best like everything else they are and do. But because of that they surely don't mince words with what they expect. I'm betting they set individual goals for each player and if so we don't see those goals and how the student athlete performed we are lacking essential knowledge. One thing for sure. Minutes are measured out based primarily on practice performance. I have to trust that the staff says what they mean and mean what they say.
I'm living with that.
Who says DH minces words? To be more clear, a player like Ross if he went to say a St. Mary’s or a Dayton might show as well by the end of his 2nd or 3rd year as these transfers do. A little used freshmen like a Ross might hope by soph year that they would be competing for time against incoming freshmen which is normally not nearly the same as suddenly competing against experienced players with a track record at some other school.

All I’m suggesting is that except maybe for the McD caliber recruit, other hs recruits might be getting the idea because of the portal that they might be better off at a place where they can see a lot of early time and go from there.Right now UConn is even a bit more of a revolving door than most schools with what could be as many as 6 early departures in 2 years on top of graduating players. And it seems to be a psychology building here to go pro as soon as even soph year if possible. As good of a college player as Karaban is, without being nearly familiar with other sophs or even juniors who play his position around the country, I’d have to think there are several not testing the waters who have as good a chance as he does to be drafted. But it’s in the water now and the portal is pretty much the reason why UConn might be able to go forward without a big drop off. UConn is doing what it needs to do but i do wonder if it will start to impact our hs recruiting.

Reaction Score

Attachments

• 1B9F8E2A-CDA9-461E-B811-10D65A19E7C6.jpeg
    1B9F8E2A-CDA9-461E-B811-10D65A19E7C6.jpeg
    35.6 KB · Views: 15
Reaction Score
You are absolutely wrong this is D1 ball ! You take the best players available, everyone competes for a starting position every practice . This players are all getting the championship rings weather they start or not. This is one of the main selling points for Uconn. COME TO UCONN AND GET A CHAMPIONSHIP RING !!!!

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
You are absolutely wrong this is D1 ball ! You take the best players available, everyone competes for a starting position every practice . This players are all getting the championship rings weather they start or not. This is one of the main selling points for Uconn. COME TO UCONN AND GET A CHAMPIONSHIP RING !!!!
Thanks for missing the point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog