2024 Recruiting: - Ahmad Nowell committed to UConn! | Page 11 | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Ahmad Nowell committed to UConn!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Interesting that Finkelstein considers Nowell a combo guard.

Ahmad Nowell is a power guard with a bulldog mentality. He’s strong and physical with a college-ready body, and also highly competitive on both ends of the floor.

He’s described as a gym rat who has worked his way into being a reliable outside shooter. He knocked down 41% of his attempts from behind the arc (43-106) during the EYBL season, along with 78% of his free-throws (40-51). He can also get downhill, absorb contact off the dribble, and play off two feet in the lane.

While Nowell came up the ranks with an aggressive scoring mentality, he’s shown a lot of growth in his ability to make plays for other people. He averaged more than 5 assists per game in the EYBL, against just two turnovers, and has shown an ability to attack with his head up and make solid reads off ball-screens. He now projects as a true combo-guard who can be effective both on and off the ball.

Nowell is also a standout on the defensive end of the floor. He’s a very good on-ball defender with a physical and aggressive style. He communicates well, has a high steal rate, and is a good rebounding guard.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Interesting that Finkelstein considers Nowell a combo guard.

Ahmad Nowell is a power guard with a bulldog mentality. He’s strong and physical with a college-ready body, and also highly competitive on both ends of the floor.

He’s described as a gym rat who has worked his way into being a reliable outside shooter. He knocked down 41% of his attempts from behind the arc (43-106) during the EYBL season, along with 78% of his free-throws (40-51). He can also get downhill, absorb contact off the dribble, and play off two feet in the lane.

While Nowell came up the ranks with an aggressive scoring mentality, he’s shown a lot of growth in his ability to make plays for other people. He averaged more than 5 assists per game in the EYBL, against just two turnovers, and has shown an ability to attack with his head up and make solid reads off ball-screens. He now projects as a true combo-guard who can be effective both on and off the ball.

Nowell is also a standout on the defensive end of the floor. He’s a very good on-ball defender with a physical and aggressive style. He communicates well, has a high steal rate, and is a good rebounding guard.

Love the mentions of physicality. That really plays and is a huge difference maker. Not worried about his height if he has the strength. The description of his defense is just :D. He's a great fit at UConn. We're going to love watching this kid.

Reaction Score
Feels like someday we’ll be including Pettiford in the same breathe as former targets like Durand Scott (Kemba’s 5-star backcourt mate we wanted), Brandon Jennings, Corey Joseph et al as guys we really wanted but thankful they went elsewhere.

Wanted Pettiford bad and then u got the Hurley & his dad connection, made so much sense. But this staff like JC knows how to pivot and thrilled with the result.

Nowell has got championship DNA vibes.

Reaction Score
He’s going to need that step back in college for sure. He has a quick but low release. Looks like a great court vision guy and has a super compact handle (great for no strip TOs)

Reaction Score
On vacation with my kids. Have not hit up my sources... will when i am back next week
Enjoy. It’s probably a good week to take off while the team is in Europe. I highly doubt any big announcements will happen while the staff is overseas.

Reaction Score
Everything I've seen about this guy screams that he's a Dan Hurley type of player. When (not if) he has some time to buy in and allow himself to be coached into Hurley's vision, he's going to be an all conference player. No doubt about it

Reaction Score
Enjoy. It’s probably a good week to take off while the team is in Europe. I highly doubt any big announcements will happen while the staff is overseas.
I am a teacher and do lite work most days over the summer. Try to rewrite or research curriculum changes daily... does not always happen

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak