After We Play Middle Tennessee State - Progress | The Boneyard

After We Play Middle Tennessee State - Progress

Reaction Score
After the MTSU game we have 2 weeks off before running a final 3 gauntlet of Clemson, UCF and Houston. What should we know about the team by then and what do you think the best and worse case scenario paths might look like?

Reaction Score
1) we play football again (let’s go!)
2) 9-0
3) 0-9

No one has any clue how good or bad we will be. We haven’t played a game since 2019. Excitement will be high and expectations aren’t even fair to measure. Just enjoy having FB back.

edit: I think the goal will be to capture a bowl before we head into the last few games because if we have 3 to 5 wins, the likelihood of us going bowling will be zip unless we play our best football in a decade.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
After the MTSU game we have 2 weeks off before running a final 3 gauntlet of Clemson, UCF and Houston. What should we know about the team by then and what do you think the best and worse case scenario paths might look like?

Should know we are unlikely to win another game after the bye weeks, but how we play will be the defining word on the state of the program.

Reaction Score
I hope to see a pretty solid team with an established quarterback. Ideally with a few unexpected wins under its belt. I’d love to win one of the final 3 but Clemson and UCF are clearly a bridge too far. Houston I’m not as sure about. I don’t love Holgroson.

Reaction Score
I'll throw out that at a minimum we should know if we have a QB moving forward and if the layoff has helped development in any areas despite the rust of not playing. Also if the new starters on the o-line can block and give time for routes to develop, and the tackling has improved vs the run game.

Best case scenario would be a 3-3 start with a chance to be 5-4 after UMass, Yale and MTSU. Coming out healthy with a QB who's had at least the last 6 starts.
Worst case we can't judge our QB because of poor protection and the running game can't bail us out. Linebackers still don't have the speed or strength to make plays and we get schooled early after the layoff. With HC, Yale and MTSU the only wins we go 3-6 with a lot of work to do before Clemson.

It's an interesting schedule with a lot of unknowns. But win or lose we'll have a lot to talk about after Fresno, and then the return to The Rent vs Holy Cross. We might already know what the upside is after those 2 games.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I'll throw out that at a minimum we should know if we have a QB moving forward and if the layoff has helped development in any areas despite the rust of not playing. Also if the new starters on the o-line can block and give time for routes to develop, and the tackling has improved vs the run game.

Best case scenario would be a 3-3 start with a chance to be 5-4 after UMass, Yale and MTSU. Coming out healthy with a QB who's had at least the last 6 starts.
Worst case we can't judge our QB because of poor protection and the running game can't bail us out. Linebackers still don't have the speed or strength to make plays and we get schooled early after the layoff. With HC, Yale and MTSU the only wins we go 3-6 with a lot of work to do before Clemson.

It's an interesting schedule with a lot of unknowns. But win or lose we'll have a lot to talk about after Fresno, and then the return to The Rent vs Holy Cross. We might already know what the upside is after those 2 games.

I'd be very happy with a 5-4 start. All I really want is a shot at Bowl eligibility for the last game and not get embarassed on the field.

Reaction Score
I'd be very happy with a 5-4 start. All I really want is a shot at Bowl eligibility for the last game and not get embarassed on the field.
Agreed. As long as we show progress there is not reason to be unhappy after a year off.

Reaction Score
Wouldn't we have to win 7 games to go bowling as only one FCS win counts towards eligibility? Or did that rule change?

Reaction Score
Wouldn't we have to win 7 games to go bowling as only one FCS win counts towards eligibility? Or did that rule change?
If there was an opening they would waive the rule. They’ve done it a few times in the past.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom