2021 Recruiting: - Additional Scholly | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2021 Recruiting: Additional Scholly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Honest question, is there anywhere other than this board that is talking about Whaley possibly getting drafted? I love his improvement as much as anyone and what he means to this team, but drafted? Would love to see some objective analysis suggesting that.
I can see it. His energy is off the charts.

Reaction Score
1) reclass G
2) grad transfer C (so as not to disturb Clingan's recruitment)

Cole-Digg-Gaff
Hawk-Adams-???
Martin-Jackson
Akok-Johnson
Sanogo-???-Springs

who are the reclass G candidates?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think you guys underestimate The Carpenter.. He's playing chess with his staff and You.. Already got the next Move figured out..

Stay tuned..

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Any solid Ivy League transfers or was Shonn Miller one of those one-off cases?

Reaction Score
Because of COVID, everyone who is currently playing (all the way down to freshmen) get an additional year of eligibility if they want it. Additionally, seniors who come back for an additional year don't count against the team scholarship limit for next year. If an underclassmen came back for a 5th year, however, they would count against the limit.

So if Whaley/Polley/Carlton come back, we could technically use 13 scholarships plus those 3 not counting against our limit, so 16 total.
Wow, that’s big - thanks for the heads up.

Reaction Score
Any solid Ivy League transfers or was Shonn Miller one of those one-off cases?
Ivy league definitely has quality grad transfer every year due to certain eligibility rules (they only get 4 years to play 4 i.e. no redshirts). This year they sent players to Michigan, Ohio State, and Duke if im not mistaken. Only issue would be that any possible grad transfer would not have played in over a year so scouting would be extremely tough.

Reaction Score
2021 class is basically all commited
jaylen blakes is the only top 150 G from the north atlantic that's uncommitted and he was linked to us at one point.

if hurley's looking for someone to make an immediate impact one thing to consider is that sanogo is the only 1 of Hurley's reclasses (the others being Springs and Brown) that was able to crack the rotation in their first season. that's not an anomaly just the way it usually goes with reclasses. and it's not like Springs and Brown were slouches either, both ranked inside the top 150 before reclassifying.

idk who hurley's recruiting for 2022 that is eligible to reclass but i'd be surprised if a guy like avery brown would be able to make an impact as a frosh. would prob need to be someone in the top 100 but then again recruiting the 2022 class is even more of a crap shoot than usual. looking for an effective reclass makes things even harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom