Adashia Franklyn | The Boneyard

Adashia Franklyn

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Looks like she spells her last name with a Y: Franklyn. Don't think I've seen that before.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Thumb nail info on Adashia Franklyn: [LINK]
Her Linked-in Website

Last edited by a moderator:

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Nice and welcome Adashia.

Lots of Philadelphia connections. Geno obviously was an assistant coach at St Joe's under Jim Foster. Adashia's college coach, Cindy Griffin, has known Geno for a long time (Geno coached Griffin's sister in high school).

Adashia's mom, Marilyn Stephens was a Kodak All-American at Temple in the mid-1980s. Adashia played high school basketball in West Chester, PA.

Here's a nice story on Adashia and her mom:

For St. Joe's Adashia Franklyn, daughter of former Temple star Marilyn Stephens, Mother's Day is always special | Mike Kern

Reaction Score
Do grad assistants receive championship rings and swag like the Assistant Coaches?

Inquiring cavemen want to know. :confused:

Reaction Score
Do grad assistants receive championship rings and swag like the Assistant Coaches?

I believe those rings are a school thing, not an NCAA thing. So, the school could give out 10,000 rings if it wanted to.

Thus, I assume all coaches, team managers, etc get rings.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
It will be extremely helpful for Adashia that her two predecessors in the position, Chloe Pavlech and Jasmine Lister, are part of the UConn program.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

I'd like to think so. It would be a nice gesture. Do the 4-5 team managers get one? In UConn's case, I don't know if it depend's on Geno, or the AD. If someone actually knows all of the people that actually receive a ring when UConn wins a chip, please enlighten us.

Last edited by a moderator:

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
Nice and welcome Adashia.

Lots of Philadelphia connections. Geno obviously was an assistant coach at St Joe's under Jim Foster. Adashia's college coach, Cindy Griffin, has known Geno for a long time (Geno coached Griffin's sister in high school).

Adashia's mom, Marilyn Stephens was a Kodak All-American at Temple in the mid-1980s. Adashia played high school basketball in West Chester, PA.

Here's a nice story on Adashia and her mom:

For St. Joe's Adashia Franklyn, daughter of former Temple star Marilyn Stephens, Mother's Day is always special | Mike Kern

Adashia’s mom is quite tall..! Any eligibility left..? Asking for a friend....:cool:

Reaction Score
I believe those rings are a school thing, not an NCAA thing. So, the school could give out 10,000 rings if it wanted to.

VOWEL : Yeh they COULD, but I've been waitin out by the old rural mailbox thru all kinds of weather for a couple decades or better. Still no sign of mine

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
To me, she looks alot like Batouly. :)

upload_2018-7-5_17-4-12.png

Reaction Score

Thus, I assume all coaches, team managers, etc get rings.

This might be the only connection thing I have to go on here. I'll find out about this with absolute certainty, but I think not.....

Reaction Score
so my info source is "a bit" out of UConn undergrad days, but was there when a bunch of stars still regularly talked about were there.... her answer to did she get any rings and who did and didn't get them was....

"Ha I did when I was head manager- there are two we got, the official ncaa ring and the school ring UConn had made ( like a jostens HS ring). The ncaa gives you a very small set number so only a few people get them beyond players and coaches. The school rings it’s just however much the school wants to spend on everyone, band, cheerleaders, etc"

hope this is helpful to y'all.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom