Adamec: one fantastic article on MoJeff | The Boneyard

Adamec: one fantastic article on MoJeff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://snyuconn.com/uconn/uconns-jefferson-reaching-for-new-heights/

Is this kid unbelievable or what!! Check out her workout schedule this past summer. We got Moriah and nobody else does.

BTW: I see that Natalie Butler is on one of the teams tonight. Maybe a small viewing of the way she plays will be on display.
Butler is participating tonight (everyone gets to play except the team managers and practice players). I don't know if they've announced the teams yet though.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The 7th grader was doing 3-a-days. That'll get her ready for 8th grade! :)

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
mojeff.jpg

MoJeff photo from last year...:)
And now we hear she spent the summer working out.....:cool:
When not playing the point, maybe she can back up Kiah at center...:rolleyes:

Go Huskies..!!

Reaction Score
MoJeff is perhaps my favorite Husky. Her work ethic is unsurpassed. The jump in her play from freshman to sophomore year wasn't simply a function of having played a year of college ball, but came from hard work on her game over the summer. Having reached exalted levels as a sophomore what does she do? Work on her game some more. Not satisfied. Never satisfied. "I've got to do what I can to help this team."

I love her intensity every minute on the court. When Geno was nervous about who would guard Sims and McBride, she got down in the stance and competed. Too short? Too slight? Watch me!

When the opponent lapsed on an inbounds pass, she turned that lazy pass into two points while her teammates were running back on defense. She is physically tough and mentally fierce.

Stewy is the best player. KML the best shooter. Stokes the best defender. MoJeff will be the emotional leader of this team.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Butler is participating tonight (everyone gets to play except the team managers and practice players). I don't know if they've announced the teams yet though.
Rosters have been announced...

LINK

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Obviously, shooting is something I have to be better at because it really didn’t happen for me last year. But I made sure that I got into the gym to work on it. I think that I’m more confident and I’m certainly more confident with my shot.”

Seriously? Great that she wants to get better, but I do think she's a tad hard on herself... She had a better FG% than any of the post players, and they spend most of their time making point blank layups!!

Jefferson averaged 10.0 points and led the American Athletic Conference is field-goal percentage (57.5), assists (4.9), and assist-to-turnover ratio (plus-3.0) while ranking second in steals (2.7). She was named to the all-AAC first team and was a finalist for the Nancy Lieberman Award that goes to the nation’s top point guard.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Obviously, shooting is something I have to be better at because it really didn’t happen for me last year. But I made sure that I got into the gym to work on it. I think that I’m more confident and I’m certainly more confident with my shot.”

Seriously? Great that she wants to get better, but I do think she's a tad hard on herself... She had a better FG% than any of the post players, and they spend most of their time making point blank layups!!

Jefferson averaged 10.0 points and led the American Athletic Conference is field-goal percentage (57.5), assists (4.9), and assist-to-turnover ratio (plus-3.0) while ranking second in steals (2.7). She was named to the all-AAC first team and was a finalist for the Nancy Lieberman Award that goes to the nation’s top point guard.
Yeah - but she sort of bombed out in the final (along with Bria.) I think she watched the WNBA tournament and saw what Dupree did and has set a new goal for herself!:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom