Adamec: Huskies know what they will get from Stokes | The Boneyard

Adamec: Huskies know what they will get from Stokes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Kiah's plus/minus for the Texas A&M game was 16 plus....in her 15 minutes. Yikes!

Hmmm...play her for 40 and win by 43 or so!

BTW: she had a double/double against Stanford in November. Go Kiah!

Reaction Score
Man! I love that Stokes. She's a tough contender be reckon with. I would love to see her flip a switch, be on the offense and have a wonderful career like DT, MM, Sue and all the successful Huskies..

Reaction Score
Can a squall of negativity from 44 be far away?

"Coach Geno Auriemma wants her to be more offensive-minded when she comes in", that would be nice but dont count on it based on her own quote: "Getting rebounds and blocking shots is what I have done all season".

So who is expecting a double/double from her on Sunday?

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
It's good to know that there are some things you can count on, in this life ...:rolleyes:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Kiah is speaking Genoese. That's a good thing. She understands and has bought in. I look for continued good play from her.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Next season she will have her share of dubble-dubbles. Take it to the bank.
I agree. Between FTs and putbacks, she should be close to 10 points. She won't have Stef or Bria to defer to.

She gets a lot of blocks and boards per minute. Her biggest challenge next year might be adapting to increased PT. She needs a good summer of conditioning. Greg will make sure she's ready.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Kiah may have some problems on offense, but I have never noticed that lack of conditioning is among them. I know she doesn't play 30 minutes a game, but she never seems tired, winded, or slow up the court.

At this point, blocks and rebounds are the game that Geno can count on getting from her, and she has recently been extremely consistent in delivering that. As I said elsewhere, while UConn's offense may take a hit when she replaces Stef, the overall defense is (if anything) improved.

Stanford will be a good test. If, during her minutes, she guards Chiney somewhat successfully and outrebounds Chiney and Ruef, she will be doing everything that can be asked of her right now, and she will contribute a lot towards UConn's chances for victory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom