Adama | The Boneyard

Adama

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Love this. It’s exactly why I think those who say he won’t go NBA aren’t paying attention. Can‘t shoot, he will learn. Can‘t attack on the bounce? He will learn. I expect him to relentlessly shore up any deficiencies in his game. His work rate is just that high.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Great to see him growing into a leader. Was so happy to see him talk with Emeka and think he can make an even bigger leap defensively this year. Good to hear I’m talking about players to kick it too this year.

So excited to see us rely on the guys we recruited this year with him, Andre, and Hawkins. :)

Reaction Score
For some reason I loved this video.

Kid is a worker.

Yes BigErn, you are right. He is an extraordinarily hard worker... but go beyond that. If you really pay attention to what he is saying and doing, you can see and hear that he has:

1) Become a strong and vocal leader on this team, which they were missing last year (little wonder he was just announced a co-captain? Nope).

2) He has become a real student of the game... listen to what he is saying, and you realize he is trying to constantly remind guys about doing the little fundamental things right (like when he is telling AJax to make sure he takes the baseline away from the guy trying to drive by him) as well as talking strategy. Constantly.

In addition.... IF (big if) Adama has added that mid-range jump shot AND the more aggressive "I'm DUNKING THIS DAMN BALL" attitude (He did it in one of the clips on this video, LOVED to see it!) to his arsenal then we move up into Top 15 in the country range...

Reaction Score
More importantly than his jumper.. one must wonder how much he has improved his awareness and passing, if these two areas show much improvement, it opens up a lot of avenues for this team to be very special on offense. Time will tell!

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Captain. Knows where everyone should be. Vocal. But will @Chief00 let him high hedge this year?

Reaction Score
My takeaways from the video.. Clearly taking his leadership role seriously--including but not limited to him being much more vocal. And-- He has significantly improved his BBIQ and understanding of the game since his freshman year. Rotations/assignments/setting up your teammates for success (to their strengths). DC/SJ have to be getting better going up against such a hard worker in practice.

Timing of Emeka visit was perfect for him..

Reaction Score
Awesome! Adama communicating and leading from the 5 spot is huge. Great to see.

Reaction Score
I think I'll celebrate the first time this season he passes out of a double team. Imagine if it's the first quarter of the first game.

National Football League GIF by NFL

Reaction Score
Good god I like rooting for this dude, really hoping we all watch him feast all season long. He’s the type of player we very rarely seem to have, gonna cherish this season

Reaction Score
Adama need to DUNK anytime close to the rim. High percentage shot and every monster dunk effects the other team.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Looks like he’s taking on a more vocal leadership role. Love it.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Timing of Emeka visit was perfect for him..
I wonder how much he knows of UConn history, and just how important an element in that history Emeka was. I mean to ME, Mek is a bball god. But Adama was like 2 years old when Emeka lead us to NC2. and he didn't even start playing basketball in Mali until 2014.

Reaction Score
I think Adama is going to have the NBA career I was expecting from Emeka. Unfortunately back injuries shortened Emeka's career. I only hope that Sanogo finishes his college career with a national champion.

Reaction Score
I wonder how much he knows of UConn history, and just how important an element in that history Emeka was. I mean to ME, Mek is a bball god. But Adama was like 2 years old when Emeka lead us to NC2. and he didn't even start playing basketball in Mali until 2014.
I'm sure he has some sense. He sees Emeka's jersey every time he walks into Gampel or the Werth Center.

Reaction Score
I think Adama is going to have the NBA career I was expecting from Emeka. Unfortunately back injuries shortened Emeka's career. I only hope that Sanogo finishes his college career with a national champion.
Sanogo could have had the NBA career we expected for Okafor if he came out in 2004.

I still don't see NBA GMs lining up for an under-sized big who can't play outside. He'll have a huge year/career in college though.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I'm sure he has some sense. He sees Emeka's jersey every time he walks into Gampel or the Werth Center.
Just wonder if Hurley has had him watch every minute of Emeka's career here.

Reaction Score
More importantly than his jumper.. one must wonder how much he has improved his awareness and passing, if these two areas show much improvement, it opens up a lot of avenues for this team to be very special on offense. Time will tell!
Yea, while his jumper will be the most important thing for him to improve to make the NBA, his ability to find open men when he’s covered or too far from the hoop will be crucial to the team’s success this year. I can’t wait to see what he does this season.

Reaction Score
Captain. Knows where everyone should be. Vocal. But will @Chief00 let him high hedge this year?
I rather have Adama in the paint rebounding and helping on defense rather than picking up fouls covering guards 25 feet from the basket.

Reaction Score
Adama understands that the work he puts in now can translate into a big bank account.

Reaction Score
I rather have Adama in the paint rebounding and helping on defense rather than picking up fouls covering guards 25 feet from the basket.
Having at least two athletic 6'5" guards (and three if you count wings) on the floor at all times/not having a 6'1" guard will certainly take the pressure of feeling the need to have soooo many high hedges.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom