2020 Recruiting: - Adama Sanogo to UConn | Page 9 | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting: Adama Sanogo to UConn

Reaction Score
May want to reference Borges article (in this thread) quoting Sanogo's coach for a possibility.. I know what I wrote ..Believe what I wrote.. It only means that DH/staff are recruiting extremely talented kids who have NBA skills.. It's all good.. You can certainly correct my use of the English language if you want to.. DH has already said that 2021 will be a critical recruiting year for Huskies
I don't understand. Why would you say "you can certainly correct my use of the English language if you want to" when it's much shorter to say "my bad" and everyone following this knows that you just made a mistake? Can't you just admit it and move on? He didn't accuse you of kidnapping the Lindbergh baby.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
This is the profile of player we've been craving since Drummond left.

From Sanogo's highlight videos, he doesn't look lost out there like some recent big men we've had coming out of high school. He's got the mobility, positioning and the look in his eyes like he has an above-average b-ball mentality for a big man out of high school, along with the physical build, height and soft hands. Will naturally take him some time to adjust to the D1 game, but he's going to be a beast.

It's like if Rakim Lubin could play basketball.

This is really the type of player we couldn't get for the last several years, whether it was because of the AAC or the ineptitude of the previous coaching staff. How exciting... now to wait 6+ months.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Coffee Closers GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Hey, at least SHU's got a nice set of steak knives coming.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Anyone have a link to either of the game tapes of him dominating Rutgers commit Clifford Omoruyi?

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Looking at his highlights, what sticks out most to me is that, for a big strong "bruiser", his touch is incredibly soft around the rim and in the lane. To have that kind of frame and tenacity but also having control when shooting is really impressive.

Sure, he can dunk easily with power when near the rim... that's great.

But I can't help but think about all of the missed bunnies in the lane or at the rim that have hurt us (Carlton?)... and how Sanogo looks confident converting in those spots where we struggled. Obviously, everyone shoots 100% in highlight videos, but you can just tell he's capable and he's got "it".

Physically, he's ready to contribute at the college level as a freshman... When's the last time we could say that about a freshman big? Drummond?

Can't wait for the season... It needs to happen.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Is he implying dirty tactics?

it’s hard to say what he’s implying. These recruiting guys can get great info but are usually bad writers. I guess he’s saying that things can be more clear when uconn is allowed to comment but I doubt hurley is going to get into details about a battle against seton hall’s coaching staff.

UconnU

Reaction Score

This one maybe? I'll post links to all his full games in a bit. I have them in a folder on my pc

Yesss. Thank you!

Reaction Score
I don't understand. Why would you say "you can certainly correct my use of the English language if you want to" when it's much shorter to say "my bad" and everyone following this knows that you just made a mistake? Can't you just admit it and move on? He didn't accuse you of kidnapping the Lindbergh baby.
My bad..Next time I'll start with..In my opinion... If you look at some of today's commentary on the Yard.. I think you might be able to deduce why I wrote what i wrote.. My bad.

Reaction Score
Wow, picked the wrong day not to get on the yard until 5:30! Let's go!!!

Yeah good luck. I was on this morning for the news then took 4 hours off to golf and am now trying to get caught back up. Exciting day.

Reaction Score
For clarification purposes..What was the "mistake"?
When you said a *minimum* of 5. That implies 5 are a lock and there could be more, there's a minimum of 3 and could go as high as 5 or 6

UconnU

Reaction Score
LMAO at this quote from the Zags article on RJ Cole recruiting Sanogo.

“Cole has seen video of Sanogo, who averaged 13.3 points and 7.8 rebounds for the Celtics this year and was a monster on the boards, out-playing Rutgers-bound big man Cliff Omoruyi on several occasions.”

Reaction Score
When you said a *minimum* of 5. That implies 5 are a lock and there could be more, there's a minimum of 3 and could go as high as 5 or 6
OK.. I apologize for using the word minimum.. I do believe what I wrote in the post... People on the Yard are already suggesting (as are NBA scouts).. That Bouk is probably gone after 2020.. It means that if the Bouk projection comes to pass.. One more player leaving the Program for whatever reason brings it to 5.. I respect the players and the Boneyard's protocol for not getting into any detail on player movement.. I was simply responding to a post .. I will not get into any detail on why/who I was referring to.. I do believe that there have already been multiple posts today that could lead you to some candidates.. I'm a new guy on the Yard.. Trying to enjoy a huge day for the Huskies.. Cheers..

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom