Jackie Young, Fr., G, Notre Dame
Gabby Cooper, Fr., G, Syracuse
Dominique Toussaint Fr., G, Virginia
Jocelyn Willoughby, Fr., G, Virginia
Alex Sharp, Fr., G, Wake Forest

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Very well-deserved honor for Alexis Peterson. Congrats to her on a truly amazing season.

It's interesting that the entire first and second teams consist of pairs of teammates, except for Mariya Moore on the 2nd team. That means that despite having 15 available spots, only 7 out of 15 ACC teams are represented.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I have no problems with Peterson and Moore getting recognized. Obviously I was hoping for Brown and McCallie to get honored.

911c998ba6e5b2c63e0f6b1abd522ca84ba7598518bbf6826fe07ebd53d30537.jpg

Reaction Score
I just don't get the point of having a "First Team" that is 10 people; you can only have 5 on the floor at a time. Don't get me started about an All Freshman team that has 8 players....that just makes no sense to me.

Note that the "6th Player of the Year" didn't make either first or second team; that's a head-scratcher. If you are the best, most important player off of the bench for the entire league, you are likely one of the top 15 players. Not guaranteed, but likely.

I like their choice of Coach of the Year; NC State surprised a lot of people, while ND hasn't really gelled, FSU has been a bit of an enigma down the stretch, and L'ville has been off, this year.

Reaction Score
Only 3 Notre Dame players mentioned... and non were the Player of the Year. This is OUTRAGEOUS!!!!! Who do we need to talk to to make sure they at least get an honorable mention for Flopping......

Plebe

Reaction Score
Note that the "6th Player of the Year" didn't make either first or second team; that's a head-scratcher. If you are the best, most important player off of the bench for the entire league, you are likely one of the top 15 players. Not guaranteed, but likely.

Interesting. I would turn that around and say that if you're one of the top 15 players in the entire league, you're likely a starter.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Only 3 Notre Dame players mentioned... and non were the Player of the Year. This is OUTRAGEOUS!!!!! Who do we need to talk to to make sure they at least get an honorable mention for Flopping.

Muffer clearly didn't do enough lobbying this year with her usual grandiose superlatives. She has really been off her game.

Reaction Score
Muffer clearly didn't do enough lobbying this year with her usual grandiose superlatives. She has really been off her game.
Well there's no Stewie this year for her to say one of her players is the best in the country lol :)

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
I'm happy for Coach Moore -- NCState was an afterthought in the pre-season and he led the team to 4 wins over top 15 teams, with blue-collar players who may not be brashy All-Americans but play together and as a team.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Peterson certainly has great numbers and she was excellent against ND (though Turner was the dominant player on the floor in that game, imo), so she is a fine choice as POY. On the other hand, Syracuse finished 6th in the conference. If she's the best player in the conference, should her team be finishing 6th?

I think Peterson's stats are also a little inflated by Syracuse's style of play. They focus on creating turnovers rather than FG% defense. Syracuse's opponents actually shoot a better percentage than they do but Syracuse makes up for it by attempting more shots. Also, Peterson played huge minutes (35.2 mpg).

I'll be curious to see who the coaches go for as POY. Last year the media went for Hines-Allen and Coaches went for Turner. I wonder if they'll differ again this year.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
It's interesting to see the POY from Cuse, not ND or Duke.

Congrats to all, including Jocelyn Willoughby at UVA whom the UConn staff looked at, if I recall correctly.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom