ACC > UConn > Quse/Pitt | The Boneyard

ACC > UConn > Quse/Pitt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
According to Waylon, UConn isn't good enough for the ACC.

According to Waylon, Quse/Pitt aren't good enough for the Big East.

According to the ACC, Pitt and Quse are good enough for the ACC.

Can anyone follow this logic?

We're not good enough for the ACC, but we're good enough to keep the Big East together after losing two schools to a conference that we can't get into, even though those two schools dragged the conference down anyway.

And in conclusion, Waylon believes this board wants to fold up UConn because we think we're better off competing in the ACC than the new Conference USA.

Waylon:

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Whole thread is a FAIL. This board doesn't work if you just make up what I am saying and then argue with that.

Reaction Score
Whole thread is a FAIL. This board doesn't work if you just make up what I am saying and then argue with that.
That's what you do every day. Which part is wrong? The part about meth?

Reaction Score

False. And I never agree with Wing-U ever. This is a great thread.

Would you rather play in a conference with Pitt and SU? Or one without WVU, Louisville, USF and WITH

Memphis
Army
Navy
Air Force
Temple
UCF
ECU
and if we're lucky... Rutgers

That conference sucks ass. I don't even think the academies want any part of that show.

Reaction Score

Would you rather play in a conference with Pitt and SU? Or one without WVU, Louisville, USF and WITH

Memphis
Army
Navy
Air Force
Temple
UCF
ECU

That conference sucks ass. I don't even think the academies want any part of that darn show.

Wow. If anyone ever needs an example of the old middle eastern phiosophy that "my enemy's enemy is my friend ....

Reaction Score

Memphis
Army
Navy
Air Force
Temple
UCF
ECU

That conference sucks ass. I don't even think the academies want any part of that darn show.

That's not true, we agree on a lot not involving the former coach.

You left out the cream of the crop.....HOUSTON!!! We just need that Houston market and the Big East is back in business.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
If UConn can't be in a conference with USC, Alabama, Florida, Ohio State, Michigan, Texas and Notre Dame, we should shut the program down.

Reaction Score

Memphis
Army
Navy
Air Force
Temple
UCF
ECU

of course you think it's a great thread, your response starts out with something you made up (Louisville, USF and WVU leaving) and then decided to argue whether this fantasy conference is better than the ACC. that's like me saying would you rather play in the current BE, or the ACC without BC, VTech, FSU, or UNC and instead add UAB, Tulane, and College of Charleston? it's total nonsense. WVU, UofL and USF haven't gone anywhere, so why can't you ask whether we'd rather play in the ACC or the current BE +TCU-Cuse and Pitt? that way your discussion would at least have some basis in reality.

Reaction Score
of course you think it's a great thread, your response starts out with something you made up (Louisville, USF and WVU leaving) and then decided to argue whether this fantasy conference is better than the ACC. that's like me saying would you rather play in the current BE, or the ACC without BC, VTech, FSU, or UNC and instead add UAB, Tulane, and College of Charleston? it's total nonsense. WVU, UofL and USF haven't gone anywhere, so why can't you ask whether we'd rather play in the ACC or the current BE +TCU-Cuse and Pitt? that way your discussion would at least have some basis in reality.

Actually it isn't made up. It's realistic that Louisville and WVU could leave. Dispute that. That's the last part of your post I bothered to read.

Reaction Score
That's not true, we agree on a lot not involving the former coach.

You left out the cream of the crop.....HOUSTON!!! We just need that Houston market and the Big East is back in business.

Houston would actually be better than most of the schools I listed. But adding Houston might really help us with east Texas recruiting. We could go toe to toe with Texas A&M.

Maybe we could add La Tech. Then we could dominate Louisiana recruiting too.

Reaction Score
If UConn can't be in a conference with USC, Alabama, Florida, Ohio State, Michigan, Texas and Notre Dame, we should shut the program down.
If Houston, Navy, and Air Force join, the Big East will be the SEC north, stable and rich.

Oh wait, you actually believe that, whereas nobody said anything close to what you posted.

Reaction Score
Why have we left out Buffalo? Buffalo is just as good as Syracuse. If we let them into the Big East then they will dominate Upstate NY recruiting. And they will have a hoop program as good as Syracuse in no time.

If we lose WVU we could just add WV Tech. We get WV Tech to make their unis look just like WVU's. Nobody will ever know the difference.

Reaction Score
If Houston, Navy, and Air Force join, the Big East will be the SEC north, stable and rich.

Oh wait, you actually believe that, whereas nobody said anything close to what you posted.

Maybe someday Army and Navy will be the best teams in the Big East. The Army-Navy game would be the Big East Championship. How cool would that be?!?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

Link?

Reaction Score
Maybe Marinatto could take up a collection from the football schools and pay for Stony Brook's upgrade to FBS. Then we could totally own Long Island.

Reaction Score
Actually it isn't made up. It's realistic that Louisville and WVU could leave. Dispute that. That's the last part of your post I bothered to read.
and that's why you remain ignorant, because you don't read what others say. instead you fabricate a scenerio and use it as some kind of proof for whatever you're trying to get across. if Louisville and WVU leave i'll be the first to say i was wrong, but they're not going anywhere, anytime soon so the rest of your question is B-S.

also, i love how some of you seem to think we have other options right now. we don't. end of story.

Reaction Score
and that's why you remain ignorant, because you don't read what others say. instead you fabricate a scenerio and use it as some kind of proof for whatever you're trying to get across. if Louisville and WVU leave i'll be the first to say i was wrong, but they're not going anywhere, anytime soon so the rest of your question is B-S.

also, i love how some of you seem to think we have other options right now. we don't. end of story.

Anytime soon? Define that. Prove that. If someone told you 14 days ago that SU and Pitt were history then most of us wouldn't have believed.

The reality is that WVU and Louisville's future in the conference is less certain than UConn's for all we know.

Reaction Score
anytime soon meaning 5 years. nobody seems to want WVU. we need them to remain viable. the SEC and ACC don't need them to remain viable, and don't desire their TV market so they've turned them down. also the SEC and ACC seem set to stay where they are for a while. besides the SEC adding Mizzou over the next year or so i really don't see either doing anythign for a while. i don't see how the B12 is more attractive to UofL than the BE. we're a better location for their football team from a competitive standpoint, meaning they will have an easier time succeeding here than when getting clubbed by TX and OU every year. also the B12 does not treat all of it's teams as equal partners, so i don't see a team leaving a BCS conference to join them. bball obviously we're a better fit, and bball is important to them. the team i'd be most worried about leaving now would be TCU to the B12, but the B12 doesn't seem to have any interest in them.

obviously nothing is certain, but i think if you assume each school will do what's in their best interests, that the BE will continue. i think TX deciding in 5 years that they're making so much money off the LHN that they want to go independent is the next realistic big move, and obviously that would threaten the B12, which may force us to merge with them or something, but in the meantime we jsut need to add the best teams we can, compete and get better. if this really is migrating towards 4 16 team conferences than i'm confident we'll have a seat at the table, but i think people are jumping the gun a little that that will happen as a result of the recent shifts. it seems like things are settling in now, and while i'm sure there will be another shift in several years, there's nothing we can do now to prepare for it other than improve and win.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Zoo is on fire, he literally has me in tears right now on the train LOL!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Waylon will start talking about game theory, claim that it is a waste of time as Wing-U could never understand it (Waylon has done this with someone who does this for a living by the way) and not really answer but he'll believe that by being condescending he has convinced everyone that there really is some substance behind his posts.

Reaction Score
Waylon will start talking about game theory, claim that it is a waste of time as Wing-U could never understand it (Waylon has done this with someone who does this for a living by the way) and not really answer but he'll believe that by being condescending he has convinced everyone that there really is some substance behind his posts.
What is game theory? Is that like the no huddle that Oregon used last year? That was fun to watch. Our team should use that offense more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom