ACC/SEC Challenge Week: Pick 'Em | Page 2 | The Boneyard

ACC/SEC Challenge Week: Pick 'Em

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
I have online office hours every Monday through Thursday evening from 7 pm to 8 pm...when students can log into a Zoom link if they need help with their college courses. I sent out an announcement this morning that an "emergency meeting" had come up and I would have to cancel online office hours tonight.

I love teaching math...but I am not going to be tutoring students when my Wolfpack Women are playing Vanderbilt tonight!

Reaction Score
I have online office hours every Monday through Thursday evening from 7 pm to 8 pm...when students can log into a Zoom link if they need help with their college courses. I sent out an announcement this morning that an "emergency meeting" had come up and I would have to cancel online office hours tonight.

I love teaching math...but I am not going to be tutoring students when my Wolfpack Women are playing Vanderbilt tonight!
Is that applicable to all games or is Vandy special?

Being a Gamecock, all games against the ACC are a bit special. Of course, there is Clemson - whose students set hour campus on fire a hundred years ago. But I was a freshman the first year after we left the ACC so I still remember the breakup with the ACC and I still harbor some animosity towards the the Tobacco Road schools - particularly UNC.

We resumed sports with y’all within a relatively short time and our level of hatred has diminished. UNC? I wanna beat ‘em by a hunnert.

Reaction Score

I fear you could probably get back to work after the first quarter if you want to.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Notre Dame was ice cold in the first quarter.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
ND Comes Back from 16 Down to Beat Vols in Knoxville, 74-69

Irish lost yet another player -- Cass Prosper -- to injury and looked out of sorts in the first half.
Coach Ivey went big in second half, switching 6'3" Maddy Westbeld to the 3 and moving 6'5" Nat Marshall to the high post, joining 6'4" Kylee Watson at center. It worked: Westbeld and Marshall scored 15 points each and Maddy had 10 rebounds, while Marshall had 7 offensive rebounds. Solid road win for the Irish.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
ND Comes Back from 16 Down to Beat Vols in Knoxville, 74-69

Irish lost yet another player -- Cass Prosper -- to injury and looked out of sorts in the first half.
Coach Ivey went big in second half, switching 6'3" Maddy Westbeld to the 3 and moving 6'5" Nat Marshall to the high post, joining 6'4" Kylee Watson at center. It worked: Westbeld and Marshall scored 15 points each and Maddy had 10 rebounds, while Marshall had 7 offensive rebounds. Solid road win for the Irish.

Entertaining game. The grit from ND was impressive. Coach Ivey's adjustments at half time worked really well. Nice to see Marshall being chosen as the player of the game.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Entertaining game. The grit from ND was impressive. Coach Ivey's adjustments at half time worked really well. Nice to see Marshall being chosen as the player of the game.
Nat Marshall -- finally -- has her legs under her, after all those injuries and rehab. For someone 6'5" she's quick and not only runs the floor well on the break, but can get out to challenge shooters at the arc without running into the stands. ;)

The other reason it worked having Nat at the 4 is Maddy Westbeld can play the 4, 5 and and the 3.

Last edited:

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Vandy keeping things close with Pack
The game had a vibe similar to our game with Rhode Island a couple of weeks ago, where NC State didn't have a lead of more than 3 points until the last couple of minutes. Vanderbilt has missed a handful of layups. Then, Saniya Rivers took over and helped NC State build a little halftime lead.

I don't think Vanderbilt will finish near the bottom of the SEC this season.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Wow Tennessee lost to ND when ND was without Miles, Citron, AND Prosper? Yikes. I get that Tennessee is missing Jackson, but sheesh.

BTW the Tennessee board is in total meltdown if anyone wants to go enjoy the show. There are a plethora of comments (like a LOT) that would be instantly deleted off the BY. Just brutal.

Last edited:

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Yikes! NC State led Vanderbilt 62-36...and then, in the blink of an eye, Vanderbilt had made it an 8-point game after a 5 minute FG drought and a slew of turnovers by NC State. NC State got very sloppy toward the end of the game. I'll take the victory but this was not the overall best showing by NC State tonight. Add in 12 missed FT and 17 turnovers...Coach Moore won't be happy.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Tennessee put me in the uncomfortable and morally questionable position of rooting for Notre Dame.

S - E - C ... it just means MORE ... when they blow a 16-point lead and lose to a team missing 3 starters.

Reaction Score
Yikes! NC State led Vanderbilt 62-36...and then, in the blink of an eye, Vanderbilt had made it an 8-point game after a 5 minute FG drought and a slew of turnovers by NC State. NC State got very sloppy toward the end of the game. I'll take the victory but this was not the overall best showing by NC State tonight. Add in 12 missed FT and 17 turnovers...Coach Moore won't be happy.
Neither would I if I were in his shoes.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Miami tops #21 Mississippi State.
Florida beats Georgia Tech.

Reaction Score
Tennessee put me in the uncomfortable and morally questionable position of rooting for Notre Dame.

S - E - C ... it just means MORE ... when they blow a 16-point lead and lose to a team missing 3 starters.
It’s another day in the office for coach harper with that nonsense.

I like coach harper a lot, I just don’t see her getting TN over the hump though. I feel her teams are way too soft in the big games, blow too many leads and never seem to come out on top of matchups like this. I know Rickea being out hurts them badly but with that ND was missing 2-3 starters and they were at home

Dillon77

Reaction Score
That sounds awfully familiar. Didn't Tennessee collapse and give up a big lead against Notre Dame a few years ago?
Yup. ND came back from 23 in South Bend. Marina Mabrey and Arike Ogunbowale were unconscious from deep. That win may have been the catalyst for that NC team-run in 2018.

Reaction Score
It’s another day in the office for coach harper with that nonsense.

I like coach harper a lot, I just don’t see her getting TN over the hump though. I feel her teams are way too soft in the big games, blow too many leads and never seem to come out on top of matchups like this. I know Rickea being out hurts them badly but with that ND was missing 2-3 starters and they were at home
Coach Harper is plagued by bad decision making in the final minutes of close games. I thought it happened again tonight where Puckett ended up shooting two threes over the last few possessions because the called play was not working. Yikes!

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Yup. ND came back from 23 in South Bend. Marina Mabrey and Arike Ogunbowale were unconscious from deep. That win may have been the catalyst for that NC team-run in 2018.
Okay, a few years longer ago than I was thinking.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Okay, a few years longer ago than I was thinking.
Maybe you're also thinking of their loss last year to Ohio State, where they led by double digits in the first half before being run off the court in 2H.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom