ACC propses every D1 team makes tournament | The Boneyard

ACC propses every D1 team makes tournament

Reaction Score
If they only play conference games, that is the only way to play some OOO cupcakes to pad their win totals

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
We’re still getting regular season and conference tournament games right? How would this work?

Reaction Score
Sounds like a lame attempt by the ACC to show how superior their "bottom feeders" are to teams outside the top 7 or 8 conferences.
BC could go in and blow the doors off Bellarmine (hypothetically), or Syracuse could beat up on High Point University (hypothetically) and allow the ACC to crow about how well their teams fare outside the league and thus justify giving automatic bids to all their schools in the future.

Reaction Score
Ky has an open HS tourney
it’s divided into Regions that are pretty small. The regional champs play in a sectional tourney. There are 16 sections and the winners called the sweet 16 have a televised drawing
to see who plays who and where. A Western Ky team can Draw a team from the East. It’s a big deal and pretty exciting . I always managed to catch a few games wearing UConn gear. I suspect some thought I was there to scout. Just for kicks I should have brought a clipboard.
Each state or section of a larger state could be a region. A section could be a larger geographical area and then have a drawings for each sectional winner.Think of the excitement in the state if ever D1 team had a shot at us. In a meaningful game.
I’m for anything that raises the profile of college basketball.

Reaction Score
Because of Covid, travel should be reduced. Therefore the plan that makes the most sense is to have each state hold a playoff and the state winners are sent to a bubble for the national championship tournament.

borninansonia

Neandertal
Reaction Score
Because of Covid, climate change travel should be reduced. Therefore the plan that makes the most sense is to have each state hold a playoff and the state winners are sent to a bubble for the national championship tournament.

Reaction Score
Because of Covid, travel should be reduced. Therefore the plan that makes the most sense is to have each state hold a playoff and the state winners are sent to a bubble for the national championship tournament.
So how would UNC and Duke both make the final 4? That is the NCAA's dream.

Reaction Score
This is stupid and anyone that thinks it’s a good idea is also stupid.

Reaction Score
So how would UNC and Duke both make the final 4? That is the NCAA's dream.
Teams like ECU and Charlotte in the same region as UNC and Duke is kind of a fun thought especially if they are home games for the former. March madness could be March insanity. This could become a great tournament. Imagine Duke not getting out of their region.
The NCAA will no doubt make sure they and UNC are in different regions.

Reaction Score

At least 5 states only have one team: Maine, Vermont, Minnesota, Wyoming, and Hawaii.

But Texas has around 25 teams.

Would make more sense to divide by region. Not arbitrary regions like the current model, but actually only playing teams within your region.

Map represents men's division 1 basketball teams:
DB-V3 (1).PNG

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Teams like ECU and Charlotte in the same region as UNC and Duke is kind of a fun thought especially if they are home games for the former. March madness could be March insanity. This could become a great tournament. Imagine Duke not getting out of their region.
The NCAA will no doubt make sure they and UNC are in different regions.
Don't tell me you think Duke or UNC might play a road game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom