ACC Preseason Picks | Page 2 | The Boneyard

ACC Preseason Picks

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
MM thought last year's team had, at best, a veiled indifference to defense; in part because they thought they could outscore an opponent (which in most instances, they did).

She's been looking for players to get back to working at defense and is very pleased with newcomers Sniezek and Peoples (in particular), as well as returnee Prohaska. Still, Mik Vaughn is the only backstop at this point and she can be foul prone. Will be an intersting year that could require patience (not a trait one associates with McGraw, for better or worse). Stay tuned.

That indifference was certainly evident on the perimeter but not in the paint. With the exception of a few games, Turner and Shepard made it tough to score inside and rarely gave up 2nd chance points. Plus, a really good offense can often put pressure on an opposing team to score just to keep up. That happened a lot last year because ND was impossible to defend. Opponents won't feel that pressure during the upcoming season.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I miss being in the ACC.

As some rapper (probably) said.... All money aint good money

Yall brought good crowds down to the ACC women's tournament..... and as I told your Pep Band Director after yall's final game in Greensboro ... I would miss the band and their tunes.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
As the longest standing ACC fan on this board.... figured I would go ahead and post this.

19-20-WBB_Preseason_Polls_Order.png
Your legs must be tired.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I miss being in the ACC.
I just can't get used to you guys not being in the ACC. After SC, the most games I've attended were at Maryland, since I have family members that are Terps.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Just for the heck of it, where do you think UConn would finish if they were in the ACC?

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
As the longest standing ACC fan on this board.... figured I would go ahead and post this.

19-20-WBB_Preseason_Polls_Order.png

This has to be the weakest the ACC has been in quite some time. Louisville is the only program I can see being a strong competitor for a Final Four spot, and even they are a stretch IMO.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
This has to be the weakest the ACC has been in quite some time. Louisville is the only program I can see being a strong competitor for a Final Four spot, and even they are a stretch IMO.

Weakest ... especially up top... but should make for a competitive and very interesting year. Louisville #1..... then should be a dog fight for 2-4 between State, FSU, and ND. Another dog fight for 5-7 (Duke, Miami, and Syracuse). VPI could be a sleeper pick for #8. Alot of question marks at PG for many of the teams this year.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Weakest ... especially up top... but should make for a competitive and very interesting year. Louisville #1..... then should be a dog fight for 2-4 between State, FSU, and ND. Another dog fight for 5-7 (Duke, Miami, and Syracuse). VPI could be a sleeper pick for #8. Alot of question marks at PG for many of the teams this year.
In complete agreement with you on your picks.

Speaking of Virginia Tech, I just saw that coach's daughter Kendyl Brooks is out for the season due to hip surgery.

Reaction Score
I think UVA could challenge the 5-7 group. They have most starters returning, a potentially good transfer eligible and likely a good point guard (Toi, who’s been hurt for 2 years) and Ayeotan(sp?) back after missing most of last year. They also have at least 1 good freshman coming in (top 50, I think).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom