ACC Band of Brothers | The Boneyard

ACC Band of Brothers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
theACC 2:05pm via HootSuite
The #ACC Council of Presidents shared a statement regarding their united commitment to the conference. Read it here: ow.ly/fSW1N

Statement from the ACC Council of Presidents
Statement on December 6, 2012
spacer.gif

Dec. 6, 2012

“We, the undersigned presidents of the Atlantic Coast Conference, wish to express our commitment to preserve and protect the future of our outstanding league. We want to be clear that the speculation about ACC schools in negotiations or considering alternatives to the ACC are totally false. The presidents of the ACC are united in our commitment to a strong and enduring conference. The ACC has long been a leader in intercollegiate athletics, both academically and athletically, and the constitution of our existing and future member schools will maintain the ACC’s position as one of the nation’s premier conferences.”

Fr. William Leahy, Boston College
Mr. James Barker, Clemson University
Dr. Richard Brodhead, Duke University
Dr. Eric Barron, Florida State University
Dr. G.P. “Bud” Peterson, Georgia Institute of Technology
Dr. James Ramsey, University of Louisville
Dr. Donna Shalala, University of Miami
Dr. Holden Thorp, University of North Carolina
Dr. Randy Woodson, North Carolina State University
Fr. John Jenkins, University of Notre Dame
Dr. Mark Nordenberg, University of Pittsburgh
Dr. Nancy Cantor, Syracuse University
Dr. Teresa Sullivan, University of Virginia
Dr. Charles Steger, Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University
Dr. Nathan Hatch, Wake Forest University

Reaction Score
Translation: We are committed until we get a call from the B1G, SEC or the B12.

Until they all sign GOR, this is just full of . BE commissioner said the same thing right after SU and Pitt bailed LOL. All these people are professional liars that will change their minds the minute a better offer shows up. They would stab their neighbors in the back in a sec.

Reaction Score
LOL this reeks of desparation. Is this a joke? Ya know how you show solidarity and stability? Shut up, win, and no one else leave. This is going to look quite embarassing once the B1G decides to invite UVA or whoever they decide.

Unfortunalty if they actually mean this, this is very bad for UConn. Pretty much continuing the trend of screwing us, but I have a hard time believing these schools would turn down potentially doubling their athletic earnings.

Reaction Score
Damn it! I wanted them to end with the statement that "None of this is about the money."

Reaction Score
Funny how the conferences with GORs don't feel compelled to issue statements. Until these same ACC University Presidents sign a Grant of Rights to the ACC, this is all nonsense.

Reaction Score
theACC 2:05pm via HootSuite
The #ACC Council of Presidents shared a statement regarding their united commitment to the conference. Read it here: ow.ly/fSW1N

Statement from the ACC Council of Presidents
Statement on December 6, 2012
spacer.gif

Dec. 6, 2012

“We, the undersigned presidents of the Atlantic Coast Conference, wish to express our commitment to preserve and protect the future of our outstanding league. We want to be clear that the speculation about ACC schools in negotiations or considering alternatives to the ACC are totally false. The presidents of the ACC are united in our commitment to a strong and enduring conference. The ACC has long been a leader in intercollegiate athletics, both academically and athletically, and the constitution of our existing and future member schools will maintain the ACC’s position as one of the nation’s premier conferences.”

Fr. William Leahy, Boston College
Mr. James Barker, Clemson University
Dr. Richard Brodhead, Duke University
Dr. Eric Barron, Florida State University
Dr. G.P. “Bud” Peterson, Georgia Institute of Technology
Dr. James Ramsey, University of Louisville
Dr. Donna Shalala, University of Miami
Dr. Holden Thorp, University of North Carolina
Dr. Randy Woodson, North Carolina State University
Fr. John Jenkins, University of Notre Dame
Dr. Mark Nordenberg, University of Pittsburgh
Dr. Nancy Cantor, Syracuse University
Dr. Teresa Sullivan, University of Virginia
Dr. Charles Steger, Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University
Dr. Nathan Hatch, Wake Forest University
The irony is that 5 of these clowns probably had to excuse themselves from ongoing discussions with Big10, SEC, and Big12 representatives to answer this call. hell, BC probably used the same form letter they gave to the Big East about their solidarity 1 day before leaving for the ACC and 1 day after voting on expansion candidate.
Classy...

Reaction Score
shame on me for being worried about jumping into that foxhole ;)

Reaction Score
Hmmm...

Big10: Hello Uconn. Are you interested in being part of our Eastern Flank? It seems that every other east coast school has sworn loyalty to the ACC in a legally binding Tweet.
Uconn (WM): munch, munch, munch... slurp... Burp! munch, munch, munch...
Big10: Hello? Is anyone there?
Uconn (WM): Well, we're monitoring the situation right now. Can we get back to you? I'm actually getting on a flight to the Virgin Islands for holiday vacation. Can I call you in a week or so?
Big10: Click...

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
LOL this reeks of desparation. Is this a joke? Ya know how you show solidarity and stability? Shut up, win, and no one else leave. This is going to look quite embarassing once the B1G decides to invite UVA or whoever they decide.

Unfortunalty if they actually mean this, this is very bad for UConn. Pretty much continuing the trend of screwing us, but I have a hard time believing these schools would turn down potentially doubling their athletic earnings.

That's the key. Given the vast conspiracy against UConn, it's obvious that these schools will even work agaisnt their own interests, just so long as UConn can never escape our purgatory.

H

Huskieforlife

Hmmm...

Big10: Hello Uconn. Are you interested in being part of our Eastern Flank? It seems that every other east coast school has sworn loyalty to the ACC in a legally binding Tweet.
Uconn (WM): Well, we're monitoring the situation right now. Can we get back to you? I'm actually getting on a flight to the Virgin Islands for holiday vacation. Can I call you in a week or so?
That's hilarious!!!!!! I bet that's what really happened.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Translation: We are committed until we get a call from the B1G, SEC or the B12.

Until they all sign GOR, this is just full of . BE commissioner said the same thing right after SU and Pitt bailed LOL. All these people are professional liars that will change their minds the minute a better offer shows up. They would stab their neighbors in the back in a sec.

Au contraire mon ami. These are people of intergrity. Leahy, Shalala, Nordenberg aren't the kind of people who make statements in solidarity to their conference mates and then leave whenever they got a better offer....oh wait, nevermind.

(By the way didn't OJ Simpson play Nordenberg in the Police Squad movies?)

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Before I clicked on the link to the ACC site, I thought this was a joke.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
the first thing i thought when looking at this was, holy cow they have doctors in louisville? do they give those types of paper away at that community college? i didn't think cc's had those types of programs.

Reaction Score
I never really thought 16 conference members was the magic number until the last few days when I've heard it being quoted from athletic directors and conference commissioners. Whether it is in 5 weeks or 5 years these conferences will expand. What UConn needs to make sure is that we are without a doubt next in line to get an invite into the Big 5 conferences. We can't let schools like UC, Memphis, USF, UCF become more attractive than us (like what happened with Louisville).

Reaction Score
Hmmm...

LMAO hahahahahahahahah

Reaction Score
So, given the fact that three of the schools that pledged loyalty to the ACC are STILL IN THE BIG EAST...

Why are they allowed to play in the Big East Tourney, while UConn (which has been the conference's flagbearer for the last 2 decades) stays home?

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
So, given the fact that three of the schools that pledged loyalty to the ACC are STILL IN THE BIG EAST...

Why are they allowed to play in the Big East Tourney, while UConn (which has been the conference's flagbearer for the last 2 decades) stays home?

This has been my argument all along; teams that have essentially said "screw off, BE" get to play in MSG while the one team that carried this f#$king conference for over two decades is made to stay home. It's a travesty...

Reaction Score
What do you guys read into the "football schools" of the ACC having initiated this show of solidarity. I think it is interesting for ESPN to point this out. For the last couple of days I have felt that it is only a matter of time before the ACC gets picked over, but now I am wondering if the other conferences are simply waiting for the other to make a move. Also wondering how far ESPN will go to "save" the ACC? Thoughts?

Reaction Score
Because the Big E is dominated by the sinless Catholic schools and UConn is a heathen public school. In the ACC, UConn is one of those damn Northern/Yankee/New Money folks who doesn’t know how to quietly go back to the shed for a good beating like BC does.

Reaction Score
Father Leahy is still alive?

With the sainthood now conferred on Kateri Tekawitha (and the the NY Cardinal pushing Dorothy Day), I was thinking we would see the consecration process started of this all-time Jesuit scumbag.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Hmmm...

What... Warde Manuel is Tyler Durden???? Mind. Blown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom