Absolutely Beautiful Music - Round 2 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Absolutely Beautiful Music - Round 2

Reaction Score
If you're not familiar with Flora Purim, you're in for a treat. The last 2 minutes or so is spacey, ethereal, jazz at its best IMO. :D

Last edited:

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
The Kennedy Center Honors program changed up their production team a year or two ago, and not for the better, but the show still occasionally yields some special moments. This year had two, IMO — one was the Hamilton number and one was this rendition of Cher’s “Believe” performed by Adam Lambert:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
The Kennedy Center Honors program changed up their production team a year or two ago, and not for the better, but the show still occasionally yields some special moments. This year had two, IMO — one was the Hamilton number and one was this rendition of Cher’s “Believe” performed by Adam Lambert:

His renditions of "Mad World" and "If I Can't Have You" remain my favorite covers from him. Terrific voice that young lad.

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
First heard her live when working in Brasil in 1977. She—and I—are much older now, but I'm still enchanted by her voice.

image.jpeg

Last edited:

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I’ll pile on to Scud’s Boz Scaggs kick with one from his first album, with Duane Allman on guitar:

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I've been on a violin concerto kick for two or three years now. Hearing Akiko Suwanai's rendition of the Dvorak concerto started it off, but this one really got it going. It was written by two Chinese students named Chen and He in 1956, based on an ancient Chinese myth.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
IIRC Don McLean ("American Pie") wrote this song.
That is correct. The song has been covered by many artists, but I believe this is Don McLean's personal favorite version.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I play the wooden flute— mostly Irish and English traditional on keyless, some baroque on one-key. I got a six-key about a year ago. This allows one to play in different keys and chromatic music. About a week ago I was reminded of this Sicilienne by Faure, which I’m trying to learn now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom