Absolutely Beautiful Music - Round 2 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Absolutely Beautiful Music - Round 2

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Soft and soulful:

Wow, he was versatile! I first discovered him when he played with Pharoah Sanders in the early 70's, just a year or two before this was recorded. For those not familiar with Pharoah Sanders, he was quite a bit noisier than this.

Reaction Score

Continuing with South Korea... the featured instrument here is a gayageum, a 2400 year old stringed instrument from the ancient kingdom of Gaya. The show, Chuno (Slave Hunters), is one of my favorite international drama series of all time.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
This one is from an English singer and cellist named Caroline Lavelle. I first became aware of her when she was a touring member of Loreena McKennitt's band and sang one song (Bushes and Briars). She played barefoot. This is one of my favorite songs of hers. She's also in a youtube video performing this live with Thomas Dolby in a TED video.

Reaction Score
From the British movie "Brassed Off". If not familiar with the movie. it depicts the beginning of the end of the coal mining (labor unions) in Great Britain. In the middle of the clip, it shows how poorly labor negotiations are going. This was a time when each of the coal mines had their own orchestra and they played competitions against each other. Terrific story, music and movie.
Concierto d'Aranjuez 720p HD

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom