Aaliyah is a BEAST! | The Boneyard

Aaliyah is a BEAST!

Reaction Score
Is one allowed to say that about a young lady and mean it in the most supportive way?
Well, AE has truly transformed herself from very talented Freshman to Beast Mode today. In analyzing the factors that contribute mightily to this felicitous transition, an increased level of confidence and self-assurance is clearly at work. but there's more, much more: One of the major differences from the earlier version of herself is that she has successfully developed her left hand into a consistently potent weapon, encouraging her to drive the lane to her weak (?) side whenever she sees an opening there. Even Megan Cuomo, in today's broadcast, commented similarly, that driving to the left side has become a factor we didn't really see deployed much last year. On top of that, her rebounding skills have now developed to the point that, even out of position, she breathtakingly manages, time after time, to get her fingertips on a contested ball to keep it alive, opening the door for securing rebounds in the traditional way. Barring, God forbid, yet another unwelcome visit from the injury gods, we are going to be treated to a remarkable two and a half upcoming years of what will become an amazing college career!

Reaction Score
There is no if anymore she is hitting consistently game after game. Her confidence is sky high and only great defenders such as Boston and Brink may be able to stop her.
I like the " maybe"!!

Reaction Score
AE, AA.
Keep voting for Aaliyah at the HOOPHALLAWARDS web page... everyday!
Also, for Azzi, Caroline , and Dorka. I also vote for Lauren Park-Lane
for the point guard position = I would like to see them all get into the
next round. VOTE EARLY...VOTE OFTEN!

Reaction Score
Keep voting for Aaliyah at the HOOPHALLAWARDS web page... everyday!
Also, for Azzi, Caroline , and Dorka. I also vote for Lauren Park-Lane
for the point guard position = I would like to see them all get into the
next round. VOTE EARLY...VOTE OFTEN!
Apparently I am permanently blocked from voting any more. I voted every day for 4 weeks on 4 of my websites on AOL and when I tried to vote since then, the site says I have already voted and denies me.I think I casted about 90 to 100 votes. With computers today the site has determined I have voted enough. SAD! Next........ there is no accolade that would fit Aaliyah better than T-REX. The king of all beasts. If she keeps playing without getting hurt like she is, she's a shoo in for AA and possible NPY. GO AALIYAH!!! GO HUSKIES!!!

Reaction Score
I am loving the mindset of Aaliyah this season. She is finishing layups. Attacking the basket and throwing some nice footwork in as well. Her mid-range game has gotten so much better, same with her free-throws. Like someone stated, her confidence is sky high! She not second guessing herself out there anymore. Every step has a purpose. Every dribble has a purpose. Aaliyah is having that season we have been waiting for her to have. We saw glimpses of it her freshmen year. Now it seems, it is all coming together, and it is a joy to watch. Way to go, Aaliyah!!

Reaction Score
Apparently I am permanently blocked from voting any more. I voted every day for 4 weeks on 4 of my websites on AOL and when I tried to vote since then, the site says I have already voted and denies me.I think I casted about 90 to 100 votes. With computers today the site has determined I have voted enough. SAD! Next........ there is no accolade that would fit Aaliyah better than T-REX. The king of all beasts. If she keeps playing without getting hurt like she is, she's a shoo in for AA and possible NPY. GO AALIYAH!!! GO HUSKIES!!!
Try putting any combination of 4 numbers in front of your regular email address and vote as usual. Do not put a space between the numbers and first of your email. I have been doing this for some time now and I have been able to vote.

Reaction Score
The 4 excellences of Aaliyah’s game:

1. She’s making all her layups
2. She’s hitting that elbow jumper with regularity
3. She’s got more and better post moves
4. She drives the baseline and finishes with a layup
5. She runs the court really well on the break
6. She’s got a little fadeaway jump shot
7. Gone are the shuffling travel calls in the paint
8. Her free throws are practically automatic
9. Her face up game is formidable
10. She’s breaking the press

What? So I’m no good at numbers.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
A little more polishing and development and our girl, Ms. Canada, is going to go very high in the draft. Her game translates very well into the WNBA game as does her strength.

Reaction Score
Try putting any combination of 4 numbers in front of your regular email address and vote as usual. Do not put a space between the numbers and first of your email. I have been doing this for some time now and I have been able to vote.
Thanks, that worked for me too. The whole thing is a little bogus.

Reaction Score
Hard to believe this is the same players who Rebecca said had the "yips" last year when she was missing wide open lay-ups. She is playing great.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Is one allowed to say that about a young lady and mean it in the most supportive way?
Well, AE has truly transformed herself from very talented Freshman to Beast Mode today. In analyzing the factors that contribute mightily to this felicitous transition, an increased level of confidence and self-assurance is clearly at work. but there's more, much more: One of the major differences from the earlier version of herself is that she has successfully developed her left hand into a consistently potent weapon, encouraging her to drive the lane to her weak (?) side whenever she sees an opening there. Even Megan Cuomo, in today's broadcast, commented similarly, that driving to the left side has become a factor we didn't really see deployed much last year. On top of that, her rebounding skills have now developed to the point that, even out of position, she breathtakingly manages, time after time, to get her fingertips on a contested ball to keep it alive, opening the door for securing rebounds in the traditional way. Barring, God forbid, yet another unwelcome visit from the injury gods, we are going to be treated to a remarkable two and a half upcoming years of what will become an amazing college career!
Petunia, I’m with you 100%!!! Aaliyah and Aubrey (to me) are the two biggest and most welcomed surprises of the season. They are both fun to watch. The thing I like most about Aaliyah’s play this season is her aggressiveness and consistency. She’s taking it to all comers, making you want to see more. In my opinion, she’s playing on an AA trajectory.

If the injury bug has packed up and moved on, this team can do some wonderful things the second half of the season once Azzi returns.

Last edited:

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
Short and sweet, AE is plating better than Boston. The stats and the eye test back this up. :cool:

Carnac

Reaction Score
The 4 excellences of Aaliyah’s game:

1. She’s making all her layups
2. She’s hitting that elbow jumper with regularity
3. She’s got more and better post moves
4. She drives the baseline and finishes with a layup
5. She runs the court really well on the break
6. She’s got a little fadeaway jump shot
7. Gone are the shuffling travel calls in the paint
8. Her free throws are practically automatic
9. Her face up game is formidable
10. She’s breaking the press

What? So I’m no good at numbers.
Doggie, you nailed it!! 10 things Aaliyah is doing that have taken her game to the next level. You’re great at numbers. What’s most impressive is she’s doing these things consistently!!! In a word, Aaliyah has blossomed.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Wouldn’t it be ironic if THIS team, wrought with injuries and woe, at times being reduced to 6 relatively healthy players, caught lightning in a bottle and played their last 6 games like their hair was on fire, and won the NC?

If UConn were able to do what was thought “impossible” just two weeks ago, I would not care what programs got caught in their wake. Of course it would be much sweeter if Maryland and Notre Dame were in our bracket.......just for old time's sake. Feel me? :rolleyes:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom