AAC Championship Game on Sunday | The Boneyard

AAC Championship Game on Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This is unfamiliar to us. This puts the conference in further limbo with the Selection Committee. The game I see is at 3:15pm ending around 5:30-6. Brackets selection is in progress throughout the game.

The danger is that if UConn (or other) plays very well and loses a close one in the Championship Game there is little time to consider that team in the selection.

I really miss the Saturday Championship Games. What brought this development, as last year it was on Saturday?

Reaction Score
This happened all the time in the past with ACC and Big Ten teams. They just make multiple versions and send those to CBS based on various contingencies.

Reaction Score
This happened all the time in the past with ACC and Big Ten teams. They just make multiple versions and send those to CBS based on various contingencies.

I know that. I could be wrong but years earlier our conference including BE seemed to be at an advantage not playing on Sunday. AAC doesn't seem strong enough to be in position to bump anybody on Sunday.

Reaction Score
Kitaman said:
I know that. I could be wrong but years earlier our conference including BE seemed to be at an advantage not playing on Sunday. AAC doesn't seem strong enough to be in position to bump anybody on Sunday.

BE was at an advantage because they had a lot of great teams.

Reaction Score
How would we even know that? It's not like the BE did championships on different days on different years so you could compare.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
This is unfamiliar to us. This puts the conference in further limbo with the Selection Committee. The game I see is at 3:15pm ending around 5:30-6. Brackets selection is in progress throughout the game.

The danger is that if UConn (or other) plays very well and loses a close one in the Championship Game there is little time to consider that team in the selection.

I really miss the Saturday Championship Games. What brought this development, as last year it was on Saturday?
We're in no danger of being an at-large team. We need to win on Sunday. The last two losses cemented that.
Having said that, I don't like the Sunday title game, either

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
How would we even know that? It's not like the BE did championships on different days on different years so you could compare.
Not quite sure what you mean but the final went from Sunday to Saturday some time back.

Reaction Score
I just never liked the idea of playing the conference championship game on selection Sunday. I always said years back that I like how the Big East championship game was Saturday night, and Id rather have that compared to the ACC who always played theirs Sunday. Funny how things change...

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
Is ESPN News a channel or is it another name for ESPN3? Wanna be able to watch tomorrow night's game, but will it be on?

Reaction Score
Is ESPN News a channel or is it another name for ESPN3? Wanna be able to watch tomorrow night's game, but will it be on?
It's a channel. ESPN has ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNNews & ESPNClassic on TV. ESPN3 is online streaming.

DALTX

People better get us now ... because it's coming
Reaction Score
It's a channel. ESPN has ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNNews & ESPNClassic on TV. ESPN3 is online streaming.

And ESPNU which will cover Friday's game vs. Cincinnati.

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
Thanks for the replies...I will be parked in front of my TV tomorrow at 8!

Reaction Score
It has absolutely no effect on the bracket. The Committee has contigency brackets depending on the results of the Sunday games.

Reaction Score
Not quite sure what you mean but the final went from Sunday to Saturday some time back.

I was mostly imagining them switching it back and forth, but the underlying point was that there is no "control" to compare against. You can't play out the situation twice to see which day works better.

Reaction Score
Will any of you be watching the AAC championship game on Sunday if UCONN is not in it?

Reaction Score
There are many more worthy at-large teams than UConn this year sadly....we are in 6th place in the AAC because we are the 6th best team in the conference...Memphis & Temple beat us twice...we have to play our way in this year.

We need DHam, Purvis & Brimah all to give Boat legit help for four days in a row....they do that we have a shot

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score

New TV deal for a worse conference=you play on Sunday and like it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom