A lot of UCONN Women's Basketball Team fans constantly complain about the team. They seem to be happiest when spreading MISERY. Here is their song. | The Boneyard

A lot of UCONN Women's Basketball Team fans constantly complain about the team. They seem to be happiest when spreading MISERY. Here is their song.

Reaction Score
1574716830363.png

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
A tiny minority of UConn WBB fans post on this fine board.

Of these relatively few passionate followers of the team, a handfull show pessimistic leanings.

This sliver of a small minority are representative of... themselves only.

To say that "A lot of ...fans constantly complain.." is an example of fact-free reasoning, or jumping to conclusions. Yes, it can be a minor nuisance, but let us not go overboard in response.

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Here is a relatively short talk about fear and worry. You can start at about the 3:30 mark and get the gist of it, but the entire video is enlightening.

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
Shirley Manson!

Dunno about you, but i'm a Garbage fan personally - and that's one of my favorite songs by them.

Last edited:

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I think you exagerate the negative fan response. It is a very few but very persistent group that routinely bashes the team. Like on most social media sites, the extremists are loud and few. Most BY people are hopeful and supportive. Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
Unfamiliar with this song. Sort of slow to get going. Didn't keep my interest.

Reaction Score
Sorry, but this post was the last straw for me, and now I'm going to say some things that have been building up for a long time. So bear with me, if you will, or ignore, or whatever. I really don't care.

What the hell point is a board like this if not for people to express their opinions, whether positive or negative? I'm not talking about posters who get down on an individual player and won't leave her alone. That's just wrong. But those of us who tend to see the glass as half full have as much right to express an opinion here as anyone else. As far as I'm concerned, those who don't like it should just get over it.

We get made fun of, we get criticized, and some really kind Byers even suggest we should take ourselves elsewhere, as if somehow, we were not loyal fans who love this team as much as anyone else. I for one have never figured out how to drink the Kool-Aid, how to make things seem just fine, thank you, when there are obvious issues that threaten to bite the team in the anatomy. I admire the relentlessly positive Tonys of the world but realize I will always take a somewhat different view, while always respecting their opinions. I just look at things differently.

I've been following this team since 1996. I've traveled all over the country to watch the team play. And after all those years of living and dying with the team, I resent the hell out of someone diminishing my observing that yes, the team may suffer for having a weak bench and that Ania needs to get over the shooting yips, ONO needs to get the ball up over the heads of her opponents Adebayo is not the answer to any question I've heard anyone ask, Griffin is promising but rough around the edges, and the team defense is, um, a little lacking. At the same time, I'm the first to say i'm pleased with the fact that the team remains undefeated and with luck, probably will be for a while longer. I think the team could be ranked #2 or 3 when all is said and done, assuming no injuries. That's not bashing anyone.

I have a UConn team tee shirt -- not my words, UConn's -- that proclaims the team is "in pursuit of perfection." That's one of the reason I've followed this team all these years. Not because they were perfect, but because they had a coach with the vision -- some would say effrontery -- to say they could try to be perfect. Were we fans spoiled by all that? Probably. But I'd prefer to think that because we know what UConn women's basketball can be, we're inclined to want to see that standard met all the time, and when we don't see it, we are disappointed and try to figure out just what's wrong. Not to "bash the team," but just to express the true feelings that true fans are entitled to express.

Bama fan

Reaction Score
Sorry, but this post was the last straw for me, and now I'm going to say some things that have been building up for a long time. So bear with me, if you will, or ignore, or whatever. I really don't care.

What the hell point is a board like this if not for people to express their opinions, whether positive or negative? I'm not talking about posters who get down on an individual player and won't leave her alone. That's just wrong. But those of us who tend to see the glass as half full have as much right to express an opinion here as anyone else. As far as I'm concerned, those who don't like it should just get over it.

We get made fun of, we get criticized, and some really kind Byers even suggest we should take ourselves elsewhere, as if somehow, we were not loyal fans who love this team as much as anyone else. I for one have never figured out how to drink the Kool-Aid, how to make things seem just fine, thank you, when there are obvious issues that threaten to bite the team in the anatomy. I admire the relentlessly positive Tonys of the world but realize I will always take a somewhat different view, while always respecting their opinions. I just look at things differently.

I've been following this team since 1996. I've traveled all over the country to watch the team play. And after all those years of living and dying with the team, I resent the hell out of someone diminishing my observing that yes, the team may suffer for having a weak bench and that Ania needs to get over the shooting yips, ONO needs to get the ball up over the heads of her opponents Adebayo is not the answer to any question I've heard anyone ask, Griffin is promising but rough around the edges, and the team defense is, um, a little lacking. At the same time, I'm the first to say i'm pleased with the fact that the team remains undefeated and with luck, probably will be for a while longer. I think the team could be ranked #2 or 3 when all is said and done, assuming no injuries. That's not bashing anyone.

I have a UConn team tee shirt -- not my words, UConn's -- that proclaims the team is "in pursuit of perfection." That's one of the reason I've followed this team all these years. Not because they were perfect, but because they had a coach with the vision -- some would say effrontery -- to say they could try to be perfect. Were we fans spoiled by all that? Probably. But I'd prefer to think that because we know what UConn women's basketball can be, we're inclined to want to see that standard met all the time, and when we don't see it, we are disappointed and try to figure out just what's wrong. Not to "bash the team," but just to express the true feelings that true fans are entitled to express.
Constructive criticism and a realistic view is a far cry from the OP suggestion of those who love to spread 'misery'. There is room for the Tonys and the Tomcats both. And the many other fans that are willing to read and comment on the team. If you want them to win, and wish them well, UConn WBB welcomes you.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I can't see the song in the OP. :oops: Apparently it's by Garbage, I'm guessing "Only Happy When It Rains."

Reaction Score

Doomed I tell you, doomed. Uconn has the potential for ONLY 4 or 5 AA's this year AND the big doom maybe UCWBB team (it ain't we cus I'm not on it) may only get to the FF again, again, again Bori ---n===g!! Doomed.

Reaction Score
Constructive criticism and a realistic view is a far cry from the OP suggestion of those who love to spread 'misery'. There is room for the Tonys and the Tomcats both. And the many other fans that are willing to read and comment on the team. If you want them to win, and wish them well, UConn WBB welcomes you.
True Uconn fans NEVER EVER Never---but those who only have followed this team for 10,20,30 years sometimes see things that may need work. I' ve said this before deserves repeating: Those that second guess the coach have a name in football and here on WB B---monday morning Quarter backs. Yes; true loving everything UConn fans may have comments some think negative--that is the nature of SpoRTS FANS. Uconn fans are no different. We love this team or we.d be on Vol nation if we truly wanted misery (kidding, I think)

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

I fail to see the problem or need for this lengthy post lecture. Someone expressed an opinion, others responded to it. Why was this a trigger to get "something off your chest".
It could not have building up for that long because just yesterday you posted yet another negative post about the team.

Reaction Score

Well said. Some of this I wish I had said. I particularly like the embracing positive or NEGATIVEs. Too often a comment sounding negative is a true comment and as in ALL conversation all side should be heard.
None of us U Conn fans would waste one word if we didn't truly love everything UConn Women BB. Also, every negative word is answered here as are most positive words. @tomcat Well Done!!

Reaction Score
I think you exagerate the negative fan response. It is a very few but very persistent group that routinely bashes the team. Like on most social media sites, the extremists are loud and few. Most BY people are hopeful and supportive. Go Huskies!
You should check out the football board. It's a psych ward at the moment.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Unfamiliar with this song. Sort of slow to get going. Didn't keep my interest.
It's a slowed-down live version of a hit song from the '90s. You'll probably recognize this:

Reaction Score
Doomed I tell you, doomed. Uconn has the potential for ONLY 4 or 5 AA's this year AND the big doom maybe UCWBB team (it ain't we cus I'm not on it) may only get to the FF again, again, again Bori ---n===g!! Doomed.

Five potential AAs this year? I love UConn as much as anyone, but really?

Reaction Score
UConn fans are among the most knowledgeable basketball evaluators in the US. Their thoughts are often based on different criteria - many look at winning the Championship as the goal. Others just want to see them play and are offended by any constructive criticism. Compared to other Boards, on the whole the group is balanced and polite. While sometimes difficult, anyone who has posted for a while knows how to mentally delete the fringe comments.

Bama fan

Reaction Score
You should check out the football board. It's a psych ward at the moment.
That is probably the result of CTE. I heard you can "catch" it from football talk shows and chat rooms. Read the comments on any site, There is clear evidence. ;)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I always find it kind of funny?, sad?, obnoxious? when people want their "right" to express their opinions, but get upset when anyone else uses their "right" to disagree with their opinion.

No one has any "right" to have their opinion respected. Opinions are what they are, good, bad, stupid, clever, insightful, ridiculous.

(using the word "right", realizing no one actually has any "right" to post on this board)

Reaction Score
UConn fans are among the most knowledgeable basketball evaluators in the US. Their thoughts are often based on different criteria - many look at winning the Championship as the goal. Others just want to see them play and are offended by any constructive criticism. Compared to other Boards, on the whole the group is balanced and polite. While sometimes difficult, anyone who has posted for a while knows how to mentally delete the fringe comments.
I've been a Uconn fan from the 60's and a Women's fan since Geno I've seen great years and not so great. I've seen seasons where wins were not guaranteed. But in all of that Geno has had a winning season every year and so many 30 win seasons I lost track. Point is: I enjoyed watching these women win or lose. I don't need and elite 8, FF, NC. They are icing on the cake of UCONN Women. Even not so great teams pass well, execute well and are a pleasure to watch. Oh, I'll moan as any fan , I'll critique, I'll complain about Geno but let someone "diss" them and -----you know.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom