A look at some more numbers | The Boneyard

A look at some more numbers

Reaction Score
I thought I would take a look at the average points per shot (from the field) for our presently available players.

Player . . . . . . 2pt % . . . . . . 3pt % . . . . . . PPS

Paige . . . . . . . .56.4 . . . . . . . .47.1 . . . . . . . 1.23
Aaliyah . . . . . . 59.8 . . . . . . . . . 0.0 . . . . . . . 1.18
Ashlynn . . . . . .76.4 . . . . . . . .34.8 . . . . . . . 1.26
KK . . . . . . . . . .61.0 . . . . . . . .37.0 . . . . . . . 1.19
Nika. . . . . . . . . 60.0 . . . . . . . .42.9 . . . . . . . 1.25
Q . . . . . . . . . . .51.5 . . . . . . . .34.5 . . . . . . . 1.03
Ice . . . . . . . . . .34.0 . . . . . . . .25.0 . . . . . . . 0.70
Ines . . . . . . . . .50.0 . . . . . . . . .0.0 . . . . . . . 0.73
Amari . . . . . . . 50.0 . . . . . . . . .0.0 . . . . . . . 0.73

The five starters are, perhaps surprisingly, bunched fairly closely with roughly 12 points per 10 shots taken.
Paige, of course, is our best 3 pt shooter, and Ashlynn has been quite the best 2pt shooter with that deadly
mid range jumper of hers.

Reaction Score
I wish I could find stats for the whole of Division I for 2-point percentage (as they do in international basketball). If Shade isn't leading the country at .764. she must be close. Lauren Betts is the only player in the country with an overall FG percentage in Tamika Williams territory (over .700).

Reaction Score
I wish I could find stats for the whole of Division I for 2-point percentage (as they do in international basketball). If Shade isn't leading the country at .764. she must be close. Lauren Betts is the only player in the country with an overall FG percentage in Tamika Williams territory (over .700).
She is at the top. Go to sports-reference.com. On the top banner click on basketball (college). Then the men's and women's programs are separated, click on summary by the women's top ten. Then keep scrolling down until you get to the leaders section for a wide variety of statistics. Shade is #1 for 2pt %.

This is a great site that more people should use. To get info on specific teams and players once you get to the college basketball page, under the top 10 teams you use the drop down to pick a school, then men's or women's, then I think roster and schedule etc. to reach the pages for the Uconn women.

Reaction Score
76.4% shooting is amazing regardless of what year in school you happen to be. Shade has impressive fundamentals in all aspects of the game including pulling up on a break if she has the ball and she makes that shot at an amazing clip too. Initially I was on the wait and see with her but she has convinced me she is for real.

Reaction Score
If only JANA were playing and with what I expected from her, this group of Freshmen would have REALLY excelled in all phases of the game. With JANA , I believed we would not have lost those 3 games. The next few years is going to be one sweet ride and I will totally enjoy every day of it.GO FRESHMEN!!!! GO HUSKIES!!!!!

Reaction Score
If only JANA were playing and with what I expected from her, this group of Freshmen would have REALLY excelled in all phases of the game. With JANA , I believed we would not have lost those 3 games. The next few years is going to be one sweet ride and I will totally enjoy every day of it.GO FRESHMEN!!!! GO HUSKIES!!!!!
I’m not quite as optimistic about those three games. They came very early in the season. Maybe the NC St game. But I am very optimistic about Jana’s career prospects. She may be unpolished as yet, but she is a very tough customer. That’s what the FIBA games showed. I mean Aaliyah level tough. We need some real toughness in the frontcourt.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
76.4% shooting is amazing regardless of what year in school you happen to be. Shade has impressive fundamentals in all aspects of the game including pulling up on a break if she has the ball and she makes that shot at an amazing clip too. Initially I was on the wait and see with her but she has convinced me she is for real.
I found that there is an ability to download NCAA stats into Excel - that’s the good news. The bad news is that only the top 150 or so of each statistical category is available. I downloaded Field Goal % which gave me players with the highest overall FG% and merged it with a bunch of 3point statistical lists so I could calculate the 2 point FG%. Obviously, this spreadsheet is therefore imperfect but I figure if someone is shooting better than Ash, she would be one of the top 150 in overall FG%.

I removed some of the Top 25 because 1. none of the players had a higher 2 point FG% than Ash and 2. The competition isn’t the same as the P5 schools. I did add other players of interest and other top freshmen.

D8FAEA77-7BFF-48E5-A028-9C19A577B6FF.jpeg

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Another guard on the list is from Fairfield. Getting a 5th year player from Fairfield has worked out for us before.
Kid’s just a freshman, too

Reaction Score
She is at the top. Go to sports-reference.com. On the top banner click on basketball (college). Then the men's and women's programs are separated, click on summary by the women's top ten. Then keep scrolling down until you get to the leaders section for a wide variety of statistics. Shade is #1 for 2pt %.

This is a great site that more people should use. To get info on specific teams and players once you get to the college basketball page, under the top 10 teams you use the drop down to pick a school, then men's or women's, then I think roster and schedule etc. to reach the pages for the Uconn women.
thank you for this insight. VERY INTERESTING. GENO KNOWS HOW TO PICK 'EM!

Reaction Score
Another guard on the list is from Fairfield. Getting a 5th year player from Fairfield has worked out for us before.
Meghan # 11 on that list is a freshman! Maybe she went to Fairfield because of the LOU LOPEZ SENECHAL EFFECT!

Reaction Score

Thanks! Exactly what I was looking for. She's not only leading the country, she's on a record pace.

Reaction Score
Meghan # 11 on that list is a freshman! Maybe she went to Fairfield because of the LOU LOPEZ SENECHAL EFFECT!
The Stags have two. I was talking about Jannelle Brown, who is a senior guard, vs Meghan who is the Freshman

Reaction Score
I thought I would take a look at the average points per shot (from the field) for our presently available players.

Player . . . . . . 2pt % . . . . . . 3pt % . . . . . . PPS

Paige . . . . . . . .56.4 . . . . . . . .47.1 . . . . . . . 1.23
Aaliyah . . . . . . 59.8 . . . . . . . . . 0.0 . . . . . . . 1.18
Ashlynn . . . . . .76.4 . . . . . . . .34.8 . . . . . . . 1.26
KK . . . . . . . . . .61.0 . . . . . . . .37.0 . . . . . . . 1.19
Nika. . . . . . . . . 60.0 . . . . . . . .42.9 . . . . . . . 1.25
Q . . . . . . . . . . .51.5 . . . . . . . .34.5 . . . . . . . 1.03
Ice . . . . . . . . . .34.0 . . . . . . . .25.0 . . . . . . . 0.70
Ines . . . . . . . . .50.0 . . . . . . . . .0.0 . . . . . . . 0.73
Amari . . . . . . . 50.0 . . . . . . . . .0.0 . . . . . . . 0.73

The five starters are, perhaps surprisingly, bunched fairly closely with roughly 12 points per 10 shots taken.
Paige, of course, is our best 3 pt shooter, and Ashlynn has been quite the best 2pt shooter with that deadly
mid range jumper of hers.
Add in FT percentage, pls

Brewski

To infinity and beyond!
Reaction Score
Sometimes I think the Boneyard data gurus dig up these stats b4 the Uconn coaching staff is even aware of them. Maybe not, but I'm super glad they gave Ash an athletic scholarship. :)

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Nice chart by Nan. Perusing it, I found some interesting numbers. Anessah Morrow at 4-30 (13.4%) from 3 pt line added to her 53-209 last year (25.4%) at some point a coach has to tell her to just stop taking them and opposing coaches should be goading her into heaving them. But then again, she is a premier post player so...

From a guard perspective, Lucy Olsen 25-83 (30.1%) is supposed to be able to shoot that shot but maybe she too should refrain. But to me the most curious is the reality that Georgia Amoore is a brutal 29-123 (31.4%) yet every announcer on the ACC channel touts her as a sharp shooter. I say let her heave it as it definitely is hurting her team and considering they are a few spots ahead of us....

Reaction Score
I’m just glad we have so many weapons who can score and we, as of recent games, don’t need to rely on Paige to do her thing. Good team ball will hurt individual stats but it looks like everyone is really clicking with the chemistry

Edit: I think shooting percentages can be misleading because no one on our team really takes a lot of volume looks. 76% is good regardless but shade has got the least amount of shots on that chart provided pretty much. The way we play though, it’s all just showing how well we shoot when we take the opportunities we are given.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Even through the nice stats, ,I don't think any Husky will broke Tamika Willams for FG% in a career

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom