Khayla Pointer-LSU
Ashley Joens-Iowa State
Aneesah Morrow-DePaul (Big East POY)

3rd Team:
Angel Reese-Maryland
Olivia Miles-Notre Dame
Jacy Sheldon-Ohio State
Emily Engstler-Louisville
Elizabeth Kitley-Virginia Tech (ACC POY)

4th Team:
Elissa Cunane-NC State
Shakira Austin-Ole Miss
Destanni Henderson-South Carolina
Lorela Cubaj-Georgia Tech
Shaylee Gonzales-BYU

Worth noting: Mackenzie Holmes, Kierstan Bell and Paige Bueckers all likely make a team if healthy. None will play enough games this season to garner consideration for end of season awards so I didn't include any of them.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Great work.

One note.. I've seen/heard chatter that Olivia Miles should be in the running for the ACC POY. I think its between her and Kitley. Due to ACC rules... she doesn't qualify for ROY because she played conference games last season.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Great work.

One note.. I've seen/heard chatter that Olivia Miles should be in the running for the ACC POY. I think its between her and Kitley. Due to ACC rules... she doesn't qualify for ROY because she played conference games last season.
Just looked at conference only stats, and she definitely could win. Her numbers in ACC play are:
16.1 points per game (5th in league)
5.3 rebounds
7.0 assists (1st in league)
2.3 steals (3rd in league)
49.0% FG (4th in league)
34% 3pt
83.3% FT (8th in league)

Pretty darn impressive for a freshman.

Kitley is at:
18.8 points (1st)
11.8 rebounds (1st)
2.7 blocks (1st)
49.0% FG (3rd)
89.8% FT (2nd)

Both teams have similar records (8-3 vs 9-3) so it should be a tight race to the finish. I like Cunane but hope she doesn't get picked primarily based on precedent/reputation since both Kitley/Miles are having better seasons IMO.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I would try and find a spot for Veronica Burton from Northwestern. I know the team isn't having the best season, but she is an All American in my eyes.

Reaction Score
Here are my picks as of today:

POY: Aliyah Boston, South Carolina
DPOY: Aliyah Boston, South Carolina
COY: Jenny Baranczyk, Oklahoma
FOY: Aneesah Morrow, DePaul

1st Team:
Naz Hillmon-Michigan
Caitlin Clark-Iowa (Big Ten POY)
Aliyah Boston-South Carolina (SEC POY)
Nalyssa Smith-Baylor (Big 12 POY)
Ayoka Lee-Kansas State

2nd Team:
Cameron Brink-Stanford (PAC 12 POY)
Madi Williams-Oklahoma
Khayla Pointer-LSU
Ashley Joens-Iowa State
Aneesah Morrow-DePaul (Big East POY)

3rd Team:
Angel Reese-Maryland
Olivia Miles-Notre Dame
Jacy Sheldon-Ohio State
Emily Engstler-Louisville
Elizabeth Kitley-Virginia Tech (ACC POY)

4th Team:
Elissa Cunane-NC State
Shakira Austin-Ole Miss
Destanni Henderson-South Carolina
Lorela Cubaj-Georgia Tech
Shaylee Gonzales-BYU

Worth noting: Mackenzie Holmes, Kierstan Bell and Paige Bueckers all likely make a team if healthy. None will play enough games this season to garner consideration for end of season awards so I didn't include any of them.
No love for Jordan Horston?

If this is a prediction how voters will vote, I have a hard time imagining that Rhyne Howard won't be on on3 of the first 2 teams. And as much as Aneesah Morrow deserves it, I have a feeling she's going to get overlooked.

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score

If this is a prediction how voters will vote, I have a hard time imagining that Rhyne Howard won't be on on3 of the first 2 teams. And as much as Aneesah Morrow deserves it, I have a feeling she's going to get overlooked.
Horston definitely should be there.

bballnut90

Reaction Score

This is who I'd pick, not who I expect voters to pick. Howard is probably one of the top 5 talented players in the nation but when you're a preseason top 15 team that's currently 2nd to last in SEC, you don't earn a spot on a team IMO. We'll see if voters agree or not.

Horston's a tough one, she's on the cusp. Her scoring/rebounds/assists are good but her FG%/turnovers are horrendous. And eye test says she makes a lot of bad decisions which holds her back from being a great player IMO. A lot depends too on how Tennessee's season unfolds. Two weeks ago I wouldve put her as 3rd team largely due to Tennessee representation but they're in free fall mode right now. If they can recover soon and she cleans up her play, then she might work her way back into a spot but right now I don't think she deserves it.

bballnut90

Reaction Score
I would try and find a spot for Veronica Burton from Northwestern. I know the team isn't having the best season, but she is an All American in my eyes.
Nice player but similar to Rhyne Howard, her team isn't even a bubble squad for an NCAA tournament bid, so I personally wouldn't put her on a team. In my fan opinion, at a minimum you have be able to lead your team to the tournament if you're making a team.

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score
Nice player but similar to Rhyne Howard, her team isn't even a bubble squad for an NCAA tournament bid, so I personally wouldn't put her on a team. In my fan opinion, at a minimum you have be able to lead your team to the tournament if you're making a team.
Interesting take. This is where voters tend to disagree. I feel like it should be the 10-15 best players in the country to be an AA. How the team finishes is a good eye test but some players are deserving based on solely on their performances. Burton gives her all every game. Howard—i dont know. I’m hoping she fares better in the W with better players around her but sometimes it looks like she just doesn’t care.

bballnut90

Reaction Score
Interesting take. This is where voters tend to disagree. I feel like it should be the 10-15 best players in the country to be an AA. How the team finishes is a good eye test but some players are deserving based on solely on their performances. Burton gives her all every game. Howard—i dont know. I’m hoping she fares better in the W with better players around her but sometimes it looks like she just doesn’t care.
I think it should be who has had the best season, not who is the best player. Individual talent and accomplishments are important, but ability to guide a team to success is also crucial. Historically, AP All Americans have always been on tournament teams. If you can't elevate your team to be in the top 68 teams in the country, I have a hard time believe there aren't at least 15-20 players who've had better overall seasons than you. Everyone has their own criteria, but that's an important factor for mine. Someone like Howard has nice stats but has led her talented team to a losing record. That's not worthy of being in the top echelon of players this year. Burton appears to be having a great individual season, but I think her team has to win more in order to get national recognition.

Reaction Score
Great work.

Is Kitley really that good? I know it was 1 game, but she got completely dominated by Tamari Keys when they met up.

Reaction Score
Is Kitley really that good? I know it was 1 game, but she got completely dominated by Tamari Keys when they met up.
Key was playing really good defense up until she got hurt in the Kentucky game. She shut down Texas' frontline by herself. They were young and raw, but she was a blocking machine that day. Kitley is an experienced post with a huge arsenal of crafty post moves, and Key completely took her out of her game...probably her best defensive effort to date.

bballnut90

Reaction Score
Diving into numbers further, she hasn't performed well against better teams or squads with good interior defense.

Reaction Score
I think it should be who has had the best season, not who is the best player. Individual talent and accomplishments are important, but ability to guide a team to success is also crucial. Historically, AP All Americans have always been on tournament teams. If you can't elevate your team to be in the top 68 teams in the country, I have a hard time believe there aren't at least 15-20 players who've had better overall seasons than you. Everyone has their own criteria, but that's an important factor for mine. Someone like Howard has nice stats but has led her talented team to a losing record. That's not worthy of being in the top echelon of players this year. Burton appears to be having a great individual season, but I think her team has to win more in order to get national recognition.

These are very much individual awards for me.

Though the NPOY obviously has the old MVP baggage of best player on a winning team.

Reaction Score
Boston will likely win DPOY but I'm casting my (admittedly biased) vote for Engstler. She has amazing court sense, uses her length effectively, gets steals and blocks, and has created a large number of held ball situations. She never takes a play off. Walz has compared her court sense and ability to jump passing lanes to Angel McCoughtry. That's a pretty strong endorsement.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom