A little full court pressure tonight? | The Boneyard

A little full court pressure tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Sounds like White will turn it over a bit. Also, gets the ball out of his hands. Let's make them uncomfortable. Our pressure against Cuse looked real good.

Reaction Score
Ehh I hope not. I fear that it will open up wide open 3's if they get past the initial pressure.

I mean the game plan is pretty simple. Make them shoot anything other than 3s. The mentality should be to not even allow them to get a 3 off, let alone make one.

Reaction Score
White doesn't turn it over on the dribble. When he turns it over it's usually an unforced error on a bad pass. We've seen full court a couple of times and it sure leaves shooters open on the other end.

caw

Reaction Score
UConn will "press", in the way they have all season. It will mostly be a relatively soft man-to-man press with whoever is in the backcourt; just to try and speed up the game a bit.

Napier and Boatright will have the green light to go for steals (as usual). Napier will probably pick someone's pocket at least once and get blown by on a missed attempt at least once. Boatright will probably run into a mid-court screen and get stuck there/fall to the ground at one point, as the help big doesn't call it out. I mean those things happen every game.

There will probably be a more aggressive press if UConn is down and needs to come back. In that case I imagine it will involve a lineup of Boat/Napier/Lamb and Roscoe with a big near the rim. Giffey could possibly be out there also.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
royce white is the next reincarnation of lebron james. he's gonna score 80 points in the first half, and then break andre drummond's ankles on a juke.

Reaction Score
I agree there is no need to run a hard full court press especially against a team that loves to shoot the 3. Press the guy bringing it up like they have all year long but other than that play a hard half court man to man run guys of the 3pt line and use AD and AO as defensive weapons by funneling guys to them. On any drives to the basket do not aggressively help because this team is more likely to kick it out to the shooter, make them take tough 2s at the rim as opposed to wide open 3s.

Reaction Score
royce white is the next reincarnation of lebron james. he's gonna score 80 points in the first half, and then break andre drummond's ankles on a juke.
And then dissapear in the last 5 minutes of the game ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom