9-Year-old varsity player wants to play for UCONN | The Boneyard

9-Year-old varsity player wants to play for UCONN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Sheesh - Shades of Shan!

Does anybody freaking ever check to see if their topic has already been done? This is at least the third thread on this subject in the last 2 weeks.

Reaction Score
Well, when a poster has 6 posts, it may mean they haven't been following every day.

Mebbe, but I met this guy twice at games in recent years. He's not a newbie, just a reluctant poster. More likely a lurker, but still there have been 3 threads on this topic.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Mebbe, but I met this guy twice at games in recent years. He's not a newbie, just a reluctant poster. More likely a lurker, but there still have been 3 threads on this topic.
Was gonna reply "alright, alright we got it". But your Shan beat me too it. (wonder whatever happened to him?)

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Mebbe, but I met this guy twice at games in recent years. He's not a newbie, just a reluctant poster. More likely a lurker, but still there have been 3 threads on this topic.

Three?

My god.

It reminds me of the time in Aught-Four when people started four different threads about Emeka Okafor's GPA. Those were dark times and a fifth thread might have torn the board apart forever...but we clung tight to hope and to each other and we got past the darkness.

I wish you that same strength in the coming days and pray that when that fourth thread is started, you find the inner resolve to ignore it.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
It reminds me of the time in Aught-Four when people started four different threads about Emeka Okafor's GPA. Those were dark times and a fifth thread might have torn the board apart forever...but we clung tight to hope and to each other and we got past the darkness.
Most did, but we lost some that day. :(

Reaction Score
Three?

My god.

I wish you that same strength in the coming days and pray that when that fourth thread is started, you find the inner resolve to ignore it.
Thanks for the moral support.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Sheesh - Shades of Shan!

Does anybody freaking ever check to see if their topic has already been done? This is at least the third thread on this subject in the last 2 weeks.
Wonks, I nominate you to start one of these 9-year-old future Husky threads every week until UConn gets its 9th NC. You notice that the team hasn't lost while the threads have been running. Might want to change things up with a story about a 9-month-old at some point.

Reaction Score
Wonks, I nominate you to start one of these 9-year-old future Husky threads every week until UConn gets its 9th NC. You notice that the team hasn't lost while the threads have been running. Might want to change things up with a story about a 9-month-old at some point.

Brilliant. I demur.

I'm willing to take practically any bet that the (current) 9-year old Newman will never become a hot prospect for UConn.

Reaction Score
Brilliant. I demur.

I'm willing to take practically any bet that the (current) 9-year old Newman will never become a hot prospect for UConn.

Sorry about the Shan job - I haven't been around much lately, article was dated today, my bad....

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Sorry about the Shan job - I haven't been around much lately, article was dated today, my bad....
Errr, ok. We'll forgive you. But just this once. As Fishy noted, stuff like this can bring down the whole internet. :oops:

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score

We can all wish that as a newbie here he should have introduced himself by posting something bramd spankin' new, something original, something to grab the attention of everyone on the 'Yard.

Like maybe Bria Hartley's height.

Reaction Score
We can all wish that as a newbie here he should have introduced himself by posting something bramd spankin' new, something original, something to grab the attention of everyone on the 'Yard.

If you've been keeping notes, Kib, you can check them and discover I've never posted on Bria's height. Until now.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score

Any news on that matter? I know the UConn site is listing her at 5'-8" on the roster and media guide and also on the Eurobasket bio and SwishAppeal, but Blue Star still has her at 5'-7" in their Class of 2010 records as does USA Basketball and Scout.com on some bios. Could she really have grown an inch in college? But she's at 5'-10" in her Wikipedia bio, and if she's really that tall I'm thinking that I should start a post asking why she doesn't get more rebounds. And there's someone name breezyyy14 who seems to be imitating her and I'm not sure how tall breezyyy14 is. Plus she really looks like she's 5'9" in some pictures.

Anybody know for sure?

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Brilliant. I demur.

You're on for a aix-pack, amigo.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
We're all ignoring the fact that the next td wants to play at uconn!

Reaction Score
Any news on that matter? I know the UConn site is listing her at 5'-8" on the roster and media guide and also on the Eurobasket bio and SwishAppeal, but Blue Star still has her at 5'-7" in their Class of 2010 records as does USA Basketball and Scout.com on some bios. Could she really have grown an inch in college? But she's at 5'-10" in her Wikipedia bio, and if she's really that tall I'm thinking that I should start a post asking why she doesn't get more rebounds. And there's someone name breezyyy14 who seems to be imitating her and I'm not sure how tall breezyyy14 is. Plus she really looks like she's 5'9" in some pictures.

Anybody know f1 or sure?
Good Lord Dobbs, what are you trying to do? Make everyone's head explode? Begone, ghost of threads past!

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Good Lord Dobbs, what are you trying to do? Make everyone's head explode? Begone, ghost of threads past!
Well if we could all just get together in peace and harmony and settle on Bria being 5-8 1/2 or something, we would probably all feel a lot better. But I guess that's not likely to ever happen.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Well if we could all just get together in peace and harmony and settle on Bria being 5-8 1/2 or something, we would probably all feel a lot better. But I guess that's not likely to ever happen.

On the "day we [on the Boneyard]. . . all just get together in peace and harmony" about Bria's height or any other contentious topic, hell will surely freeze over. That's easy, but several other unlikely events will simultaneously occur. Among them:

Notre Dame fans (like those of the NY Yankees) will be universally recognized for their graciousness;

A Duke team will be greeted by a warm standing ovation in Chpel Hill; and,

Folks in Knoxville will unanimously concede that Holly is indeed a worthy successor to Pat but Geno is still the greatest wcbb coach of all.​

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
  • 07-new-york-times-cover-man-walks-on-moon.jpg

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
That's PLAY, not PAY.
Maybe she wants to play for pay or pay to play.

By the time Jaden Newman is in a Huskies uniform, the WCBB players at most schools will be getting $100,000 a year stipends, except at UConn where they will be all paying that much just so they can play on the Huskies' 18th straight NC team. Also at that time, women will walk on the moon along with maybe a few men again, Notre Dame's School of Etiquette will have the hottest graduate program in the land, the Hades hockey team will win the Stanley Cup, Holly will get the Vols to their first FF in 15 years and will be acclaimed both as the greatest coach since Pat Summitt and a really good bread slicer, but the Boneyard fans will still be arguing about Bria Hartley's height.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom