#8 UConn v. #12 Merrimack (Tuesday 11/29/22 @7p @Lawler Rink & Friday 12/2/22 @7p @XL Center) Games on ESPN+ | Page 3 | The Boneyard

#8 UConn v. #12 Merrimack (Tuesday 11/29/22 @7p @Lawler Rink & Friday 12/2/22 @7p @XL Center) Games on ESPN+

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
1A0D3863-81D8-4AEF-A556-1F10275472FB.jpeg

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Huh…is there a reason for the superfluous stat of “Faceoff Lost” ? ‍;) Maybe there’s something I don’t know here…
Well, there is the old saying ”A face off lost, is a faceoff not won.” ;);)

Reaction Score
Terrible call…should have been matching minors at the very least.
That's what I was thinking. I understand that the retaliation almost always gets called, but on Amonte's penalty, obvious retaliation but the Merrimack player got a few shots in before the retaliation, why wasn't he penalized?

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
The save the Merrimack goalie made on Tverberg is an ESPN Top10 play today, good thing it didn't matter in the end

That came on the heels of a Rage Thompson goal being a Top 10'er yesterday.

Reaction Score
That's what I was thinking. I understand that the retaliation almost always gets called, but on Amonte's penalty, obvious retaliation but the Merrimack player got a few shots in before the retaliation, why wasn't he penalized?
Amonte should have been called for boarding on the two hits he had previous to the roughing penalty. That is why I think he received the roughing call. Honestly, you could have called embellishment on the Merrimack player, he looked like a FIFA soccer player going down but I think the ref knew that the sequence of plays involving Amonte needed to result in a penalty while maybe independently that weren't all individual penalties. That's not how the rulebook says penalties should be called, I understand why he called it and it certainly helped that the Merrimack player fell to the ice. UConn can not put themselves into situations where post-whistle scrums give the refs the opportunity to make calls against them. It might not have been a great call but if you don't put yourself in that situation they can't call anything and you probably get away with a boarding call. At that point in the game you're up a goal late in the third you can't put yourself in that position to let the refs call something. UConn needs to be smarter at this. Regardless that's a massive win for them.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Not the Mona Lisa, but a win is a win is a win!

Very important to come back from the meltdown at the Garden with a solid third period and a 3 point regulation win over a talented HE team. Let's be able to say "ditto" on Friday!

Reaction Score

-> One of the defensive pairings for UConn is senior Jake Flynn from Bridgewater with freshman Tom Messineo, a native of Westwood who played at St. Sebastian’s.

“The synergy that they have together, because they’re both excellent skaters and they defend really well, we kind of found it organically,” said coach Mike Cavanaugh. “It wasn’t something that we thought in the beginning of the year, ‘Let’s pair these two together. I think they’ll be a great pair.’

“It just kind of happened. We were moving people around in the preseason and the two of them seemed to play pretty well off each other.”. <-

jho

Reaction Score
Why does UConn rarely post their Line Charts and Game Notes? We usually have to rely on Husky Medic to forward Line Charts from Daniel Connolly or elsewhere. Most other Hockey East schools routinely make this info available.

Reaction Score
Hopefully no goal allowed in the first few minutes tonight

Reaction Score
No penalty called on Merrimack putting Kinal
face first into glass and then…

… gotta hope it fires a few Huskies up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors