#7 UConn v. #9 Providence Friars (Friday 11/11/22 @ Schneider Arena @ 7p & Saturday 11/12/22 @ XL Center @ 3p). Both games on ESPN+. | Page 7 | The Boneyard

#7 UConn v. #9 Providence Friars (Friday 11/11/22 @ Schneider Arena @ 7p & Saturday 11/12/22 @ XL Center @ 3p). Both games on ESPN+.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Seriously though, It worked out for Sergeev and that will be a win/win for the team and the player. We found out that Sergeev gathered himself and performed great after the major penalty barrage. For the team, we found out that we have two competent goalies!
We also learned that this team is never out of a game, and true to Cavs style and direction, never give up. The team has a certain IT factor and pluck this season and Cavs is also pulling the right levers with combinations and time outs at the right moment. It certainly helps to have deep team, but he’s making the right choices. The next step is to find a way to stay out of the box, especially for majors and win a higher percentage of face offs,

Reaction Score
Anyone got attendance for SAT?
Box score won’t load on HE website

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score

They should just pay Dan Connolly as a stringer to cover UConn hockey. They got the points for the weekend wrong.

The Courant has always been a joke when it comes to covering hockey.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
I watched their penalty shot attempts and the word “weak” comes to mind. For both teams.
Apparently for all teams, because teams rarely win a shootout 2-0. I also haven’t seen any end up 3-2. Btw…I sat in 230 for about 5 minutes. just Wanted to see the view from row K.

Reaction Score
The Courant has always been a joke when it comes to covering hockey.
I’ll assume you’re referring to UConn hockey. Jeff Jacobs and the Courant did an excellent job with the Whalers for many years.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
I’ll assume you’re referring to UConn hockey. Jeff Jacobs and the Courant did an excellent job with the Whalers for many years.
I was…and yes the Whalers were well covered. Should have been more specific, but it has been 25 years.

Reaction Score
We also learned that this team is never out of a game, and true to Cavs style and direction, never give up. The team has a certain IT factor and pluck this season and Cavs is also pulling the right levers with combinations and time outs at the right moment. It certainly helps to have deep team, but he’s making the right choices. The next step is to find a way to stay out of the box, especially for majors and win a higher percentage of face offs,
Sure - love Bradley's style, but the zebras keep their eyes on him and the call thirty seconds into the game was marginal and imo based in part reputation. But, there's definitely a different vibe with this team. They didn't quit and in the end I was thrilled that the dogged determination helped pick up Sergeev and the whole crowd. Their "no quit" effort and attitude picked up the whole damn building!

Reaction Score
I was…and yes the Whalers were well covered. Should have been more specific, but it has been 25 years.
Understood. I’m one of those guys who will never let the Whalers go. Season-ticket holder with my dad starting with the move to Hartford in January 1975. I always enjoyed the community aspect of the team before the days of social media and the Courant was a big part of that. I had lunch the other day at Pepe’s with a friend I hadn’t seen in years and the first story he brought up was my run-in with Lyndon Byers at the Pour House in Boston when I mentioned Torrie Robertson. All good memories!

Reaction Score
Sure - love Bradley's style, but the zebras keep their eyes on him and the call thirty seconds into the game was marginal and imo based in part reputation. But, there's definitely a different vibe with this team. They didn't quit and in the end I was thrilled that the dogged determination helped pick up Sergeev and the whole crowd. Their "no quit" effort and attitude picked up the whole damn building!
It was a fun, enthusiastic crowd and pretty well attended - some peeps came over from Rentschler too. I'm looking forward to a time when the student section at Toscano brings next level energy and antics to the XL as well. It'll be interesting to see what the split is for 2023-2024. But for now I'm certainly enjoying this campaign immensely thus far!

Bradley is a beast - I love him on Capone's line. As well as strong physical players both bring a lot of skill to the line. Adding Ty Amonte to it is brilliant - that combination isn't easy to stop and ups the energy level each shift.

Reaction Score
Understood. I’m one of those guys who will never let the Whalers go. Season-ticket holder with my dad starting with the move to Hartford in January 1975. I always enjoyed the community aspect of the team before the days of social media and the Courant was a big part of that. I had lunch the other day at Pepe’s with a friend I hadn’t seen in years and the first story he brought up was my run-in with Lyndon Byers at the Pour House in Boston when I mentioned Torrie Robertson. All good memories!

The Whalers will be missed - always, but the NHL has shifted too - far more money in all aspects, and far more impersonal now. Some bad luck, bad trades, bad commissioner and ownership and at the time no revenue sharing doomed small franchise cities. In short I miss the Whalers but do NOT miss the NHL. UConn's ascent to Hockey East brought me back into watching live sports - gotta credit Dan Malloy and Warde Manuel for making that happen - speaking of which wouldn't a hockey series vs Big Blue be terrific? :D

Punkbo - if you're looking for an area team that's developing strong community ties with a great fan base and game day vibe, also check out Hartford Athletic. I'm not sure if soccer is your thing but the matches are super fun with their own excitement too.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Found it! a respectable 4k (4073) from uconnhuskies.com although they got the location wrong hehe. (Actually all of the box scores on that site say "Storrs" instead of Hartford. hmmm)
Beat me to it…the Storrs thing is funny…especially since this is the UConn website. You’d think they knew where they were. I guess it’s wishful thinking. The crowd felt and sounded larger.
D4FCF6FF-0E1E-4297-8FA3-AA80E71E6C89.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99